EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 24. Jul 17, 12:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Sure, we could stop working on the materials we need for Early Access, and push that back a bit in order to produce a preview. I'm pretty sure you'd rather we kept working on getting the actual Early Access release done, though. Wink

Nikola515

PostPosted: Mon, 24. Jul 17, 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Will there be any info about x4 any time soon ?

Armankessilon

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

You are so quiet in the news feed about X4, we are worried

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 11:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nikola515 wrote:

That depends on your definition of "soon". If you mean in the next couple of days then probably not. If you mean in the next couple of months then probably yes; it's quite likely that there will be some more information about X4 once XRVR is firmly established in Early Access.

Lord Crc

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

So I know it's pre-Early Access and all that jazz, but I'm curious to the performance level to expect. I'm hoping you at least can mention what sort of hardware you're targeting, without coming with any specifics.

I got a 980Ti on a 4770k (slightly overclocked). Are you targeting a playable VR experience for that sort of hardware, or should a VR player expect to need more horses? I'm talking about decent fidelity graphics, without sacrificing draw distance.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 14:41    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The minimum requirements for XRVR will be pretty much the same as for any VR game, so roughly an i5-4590 or equivalent CPU and a GTX 970 or R9 290 GPU. The recommended requirements will be something like a i7 6700K equivalent and a GTX 1070; again, all fairly standard for VR games.

As always with our games, however, the nature of the game and its universe means that framerates will vary at times, and that CPU power is more of a factor than it is in many other games.

rpek32

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 14:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

any news about x4?

Waiting X4 for PC

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=359047&start=0 it's for L. Bernd
Lord Crc

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 15:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

rpek32 wrote:
any news about x4?

Literally two posts above yours.

Lord Crc

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

CBJ wrote:
The minimum requirements for XRVR will be pretty much the same as for any VR game, so roughly an i5-4590 or equivalent CPU and a GTX 970 or R9 290 GPU. The recommended requirements will be something like a i7 6700K equivalent and a GTX 1070; again, all fairly standard for VR games.

Thanks, excellent info. Was feeling the urge for VR again Razz

CBJ wrote:
As always with our games, however, the nature of the game and its universe means that framerates will vary at times, and that CPU power is more of a factor than it is in many other games.

Fully understood.

koyuka

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 19:33    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Not sure why they mention it on facebook before their own forum but a little bit more news here on Egosoft's facebook page.

@EGOSOFT will showcase new developments for #X4Game and #XRVR at #Gamescom2017 and at our HQ. Write to press@egosoft.com to meet us!

Also question for the developers, will X4 have some kind of VR version from release or will it be standard release followed by possible VR?

Really considering Oculus rift whilst it is reduced to £399 for the next month with controllers and this might persuade me! Very Happy

Nikola515

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

CBJ wrote:
Nikola515 wrote:

That depends on your definition of "soon". If you mean in the next couple of days then probably not. If you mean in the next couple of months then probably yes; it's quite likely that there will be some more information about X4 once XRVR is firmly established in Early Access.

I was thinking more by the end of this year.... What I'm curious the most is there any consideration of X4 early access.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

koyuka wrote:
Also question for the developers, will X4 have some kind of VR version from release or will it be standard release followed by possible VR?

It's too early to say, but obviously much of the work we are doing for XRVR could, theoretically at least, be carried forward. And of course the direction we take could, to some extent, be influenced by how popular XRVR turns out to be.

Nikola515 wrote:
I was thinking more by the end of this year.... What I'm curious the most is there any consideration of X4 early access.

It is certainly being considered, but again it's too early to say. How Early Access works out with XRVR could also influence future direction on this.

koyuka

PostPosted: Tue, 25. Jul 17, 22:16    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Personally for me I wasn't a huge fan of X Rebirth just couldn't get into it after trying a couple of times when it first came out. I probably wouldn't buy XRVR for that reason but I would buy X4VR so I would not let the success/failure of XRVR influence your decision too heavily. I hope XRVR is succesful anyway if it fuels X4 Laughing

caleb

PostPosted: Wed, 26. Jul 17, 03:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nice to hear about X4. Was really disappointed with XR, but well, that's in the past now I guess. I just won't be pre-ordering, and will wait for some reviews/feedback before I get X4. Good luck though, here is hoping for a great game were we all win (us getting a great game, and you getting tons of sales)!

mr.WHO

PostPosted: Wed, 26. Jul 17, 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I think main problem of VR that can't be solved easilly is that it's extremely tiring to use it for more than 0.5-1 hour, while you can easilly play several hours with normal screen.

All X-games are the ones you play with 1+ hour and it's usually not comfortable to play in shot <1h runs.

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 25, 26, 27  Next