EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
mr.WHO

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Fri, 14. Jul 17, 22:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

CBJ wrote:
The date hasn't escaped our attention. Wink

We're getting very close now; we're just finalising a few things that are needed for the Early Access process. Smile

Does it mean that with XR VR Early Access you will share some more information of X4, or you want first move XR VR out of EA before focusing on X4?

Carter80

PostPosted: Sun, 16. Jul 17, 19:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It's the 16th of July here! Rolling Eyes

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 16. Jul 17, 19:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

and its Sunday here in Germany - for being allowed to work today you need special permissions. Razz

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter Wink

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help Wink
Reaves_42

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 09:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It's now Tuesday evening 18th in Australia. I'm so eager for this XR:VR!!

Wish you guys could give better ETA's ie: This week? I'm tired of pressing F5.

carran

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 14:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Having been around since X-BTF days it's certain Egosoft are working very hard to deliver as bug-free an experience as possible - and *probably* working on the first patch already. I know some may find it hard to believe - and I'm no fanboi - but I haven't found another software company so ready to support and listen to their audience

Having waited so long since Berndt's announcement in December, a few more days won't hurt Smile

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 14:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Reaves_42 wrote:

It's hard to give accurate ETAs when some of the factors are outside your control. The game itself is now basically ready for Early Access to start, but we're still dealing with some of the necessary "paperwork" to make that actually happen. While that is being dealt with we are, of course, continuing to work on any known issues with the game itself.

Reaves_42

PostPosted: Tue, 18. Jul 17, 16:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

CBJ wrote:
Reaves_42 wrote:

It's hard to give accurate ETAs when some of the factors are outside your control. The game itself is now basically ready for Early Access to start, but we're still dealing with some of the necessary "paperwork" to make that actually happen. While that is being dealt with we are, of course, continuing to work on any known issues with the game itself.

Great news! Cheers for the update.

Arielag

PostPosted: Sat, 22. Jul 17, 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Any news?

maggaen

PostPosted: Sat, 22. Jul 17, 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

CBJ, you said "It's hard to give accurate ETAs when some of the factors are outside your control. The game itself is now basically ready for Early Access to start, but we're still dealing with some of the necessary "paperwork" to make that actually happen. While that is being dealt with we are, of course, continuing to work on any known issues with the game itself."

and I understand that it's hard to give ETA's on something where you yourself doesn't know. But what is this "paperwork" you're reffering to? Can you inform us on what you're actually stuck on?

also, when it's released in early access, I know it'll only support one headset, but will it also support normal displays?

The Q
Pancake Award Winner 2017

PostPosted: Sat, 22. Jul 17, 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

maggaen wrote:
and I understand that it's hard to give ETA's on something where you yourself doesn't know. But what is this "paperwork" you're reffering to? Can you inform us on what you're actually stuck on?

The "paperwork" most-likely refers to Steam and their Early Access process. For game releases Steam decides together with the developer when the best time is for a game release. So, you as a developer, may have sent them the finished game already, yet they, the Steam guys, won't actually "release" it as there are other game releases scheduled upfront, and they ideally don't want to share the attention. Additionally, since this is a VR title, there may be more work to get everything set up properly from the Steamworks side.

maggaen wrote:
also, when it's released in early access, I know it'll only support one headset...

Actually, it was always mentioned that both, Oculus Rift and HTC Vive, will be supported. For instance see the XRVR page and CBJ's post a month ago for reference.

xkcd: Duty calls
CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Sat, 22. Jul 17, 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

We're not "stuck" on anything as such. We are just in the process of putting the game through the submission processes and providing the required documentation and materials that accompany that. If all goes well then it really won't be long now, but it's still possible we may have to make some more adjustments and resubmit before we can start Early Access. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we're as keen as you are to get going.

Regarding 2D displays, we realise that ours is the sort of game that people sometimes play for long periods, and that doing so with a headset on could prove too much. We've therefore set things up so that you'll be able to do things like take off the headset and play in 2D for a while, then put the headset back on again and go back to 3D, all without leaving the game. If you don't have a headset at all, though, then you may not get the most from it.

maggaen

PostPosted: Sun, 23. Jul 17, 08:43    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

CBJ wrote:
We're not "stuck" on anything as such. We are just in the process of putting the game through the submission processes and providing the required documentation and materials that accompany that. If all goes well then it really won't be long now, but it's still possible we may have to make some more adjustments and resubmit before we can start Early Access. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we're as keen as you are to get going.

Regarding 2D displays, we realise that ours is the sort of game that people sometimes play for long periods, and that doing so with a headset on could prove too much. We've therefore set things up so that you'll be able to do things like take off the headset and play in 2D for a while, then put the headset back on again and go back to 3D, all without leaving the game. If you don't have a headset at all, though, then you may not get the most from it.

thanks for the response. what i was specifically asking about the 2d display is whether this will be a feature at early access or launch? also, is X rebirth VR simply x rebirth with vr, or are there other overhauls? story, missions, empire managment etc?

Ketraar
Moderator (Português)
Moderator (Português)

MEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 23. Jul 17, 14:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Did you not read the opening post? Its all there on page one as what XRVR is. Wink

MFG

Ketraar

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Sun, 23. Jul 17, 15:51    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

maggaen wrote:
what i was specifically asking about the 2d display is whether this will be a feature at early access or launch?

All of the features I described regarding display support are already working and will be there from the start of Early Access.

maggaen wrote:
is X rebirth VR simply x rebirth with vr, or are there other overhauls? story, missions, empire managment etc?

There are some missions that are specific to the VR version, and a few other differences to optimise it for VR, but no major gameplay "overhauls". General improvements and fixes that have been made during the development of XRVR have either already been added to XR in 4.10 or will be added to XR in the forthcoming 4.20 update, which we plan to put into beta alongside Early Access for XRVR.

Reaves_42

PostPosted: Mon, 24. Jul 17, 11:56    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It would be great if you could put out a preview video showing what kind of experience we can expect.

I'm sure the marketing wouldn't hurt.

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next