EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4
View previous topic :: View next topic
Bernd
Site Admin
Site Admin

MEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 14:50    Post subject: NEWS: X Rebirth VR Edition, Updates and X4 Reply with quote Print

Hi guys,

It's again time for me to wish you all a Happy Christmas and all the best for the new year. It is however also the time of the year when we normally start talking about a new game or expansion.

Last year it was Home of Light, and before that it was The Teladi Outpost. Both of these X Rebirth expansions received a lot of positive feedback and helped us to show X Rebirth 4.0 in a much better light.

This year, there are several really exciting new developments that I can share with you:
  • We have Update 4.10 of X Rebirth almost ready, as well as Updates for X3AP and X3TC.
  • There will be a VR game based on X Rebirth: the X Rebirth: VR Edition.
  • X4 is in development!

X Rebirth 4.10 and other updates:

Everybody who would like to help test the updates can get access to the following beta versions today:
  • X Rebirth 4.10
  • X3: Albion Prelude 3.2
  • X3: Terran Conflict 3.3
All three of these updates improve the games, and include a number of fixes and performance improvements that have come to our attention over the past months. These updates will, of course, be made available to everybody, via all the usual platforms, once the testing has ended.

X Rebirth VR Edition:

X Rebirth VR Edition will be a new standalone game based on X Rebirth Home of Light, completely redesigned and optimised for a Virtual Reality experience.

X Rebirth VR Edition will be released via early access in the first half of 2017, and will be available as a new standalone game. If you own X Rebirth already, you will be able to get the VR edition at a discounted price.

To bring X Rebirth into the VR world, we had to change the game and the universe quite a bit:

• Special universe and economy: While based on X Rebirth and Home of Light, the universe and economy of X Rebirth VR Edition are specially designed for a Virtual reality experience. This is also the reason why the games are not savegame compatible.
  • New graphics engine: X Rebirth VR Edition will be the first title by Egosoft to utilise our new in-house development, based on the innovative new Vulkan graphics technology.
  • New content: X Rebirth VR Edition extends the gameplay and universe with new missions to deliver a unique virtual reality experience.
  • Special UI: The user interface of XR VR Edition was specially designed to work entirely as an immersive first person VR cockpit experience.
  • Pace and Balancing: All aspects of the game had to be rebalanced to create the best experience for the VR environment.

Final words:

X Rebirth VR Edition is a super-exciting development for us. Playing this with a VR Headset feels like finally playing space games the way they were meant to be played all along.

There is, however, also another project that we are working on and which is equally exciting to us: X4. It is still too early to talk about many details of this, and it doesn't even have a full name yet, but we are making good progress and I wanted to share a few words with you about what we have been doing in the last couple of years.

When we worked on X Rebirth we needed to make a lot of simplifications. We removed some features in order to be able to concentrate on others. But when X Rebirth was released, many fans expected it to be an "X4"; a game with most of the key features of the X3 games and then some. Since then, we have worked hard to make X Rebirth a better game, incorporating player feedback, continuing to develop the engine it is based on, and releasing many updates and expansions. However we also realise that there are still many unfulfilled wishes, some of which would require extensive changes that couldn't be implemented in the existing game. Many of these are things we would also like to see in a space game and these, along with the foundations laid by all the work and feedback that went into X Rebirth, have been the basis for the big project that we have been working on for the last few years: a real X4.

While I cannot say much about its features yet, what I can tell you about it so far is that it will allow you to fly many different ships, it will give you an all-new interface to manage large fleets, and it will give you full freedom when building stations from individual modules.

Please be patient with this and we promise to show some really cool things later in 2017!

Now, everybody, have wonderful holiday and a great new year!

Bernd Lehahn, Egosoft

carran

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 17:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thank you Bernd!

And to the rest of the team too, well done

SeaBee-T

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 17:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Oh boy....OH BOY!!!

X4, huh. GET HYPE! Laughing

You mentioned all three key items that I've been looking for ever since after the release of X:R. Thanks Bernd!

ADMNtek

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 17:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ok i know stupid question but will the X:R VR be VR only? because this sounds intesting.

Quote:
New graphics engine: X Rebirth VR Edition will be the first title by Egosoft to utilise our new in-house development, based on the innovative new Vulkan graphics technology.
New content: X Rebirth VR Edition extends the gameplay and universe with new missions to deliver a unique virtual reality experience.

wysiwyg

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Wow! Can't wait to try this! I bought an Oculus Rift for another well known space game and it is a truly sublime experience flying through space with a VR headset.

I noticed "X4" announced in the newsletter too.

Amazing stuff guys - I know you've all worked very hard under difficult consumer conditions for the last 2 or 3 years. Keep up the good work!

Cheers
Wysi Smile

Leafcutter

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Very nice!

Happy Christmas Bernd & Crew Smile

-LC-

RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 17:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The bit that excites me is the confirmation of X4 - good to hear! Smile What little you've told us about that one sounds promising - thank you, I'll hold thumbs. (Enhancements to X3 and XR are also always welcome, of course.)

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
spacecoyote99

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 17:42    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Anywhere we can find a changelog for 4.10?

Great news all round, although I expect it will be some years before we get to X4. Can't wait Smile)

kMotion

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 17:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thank you very much guys!!! Good news, we are waiting X4) Please make in new game random generation stations, I think it will be cool)) All Stations are individual

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 17:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I can't believe it! You have done a great birthday gift! Very Happy

Great Job guys! Happy Holidays!!! Smile

PS: Now I have a few monkeys that I jump on my shoulders Laughing Laughing

CPU: Core i7 6700k @ 4.0Ghz - Mobo: MSI Z170A-G43 PLUS - RAM: 4x4GB Cricial Ballistix Sport DDR4 2400Mhz - GPU: Zotac nVidia GTX970 4GB GDDR5 - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB – HDD WD Caviar Black 1TB – HDD WD Caviar Blue 1TB – HDD WD Caviar Black 2TB - Alimentatore: Enermax Liberty 620w - Case: iTek Iron Soldier - Monitor: 24” Asus VS247NR - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - Tastiera: Logitech G15 – Mouse: Red Dragon Perdition
Général Grievous

modified
PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

God, i have no words...
Thank you very much. I'm with you from many years and i'm really happy about X4.

You have to know that your old fans are still there, with you. We have lived your games from the start. So if you need any opinion, do not hesitate.

Anyway, have nice holiday!
Great news!!

Last edited by Général Grievous on Thu, 15. Dec 16, 19:52; edited 1 time in total
CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 17:53    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

spacecoyote99 wrote:

The public beta for XR 4.10 is now available, and the patch notes are available in the Patch Public Beta forum.

linolafett
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
I can't believe it! You have done a great birthday gift! Very Happy

Happy birthday! Smile

My art stuff
scratch42069

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 18:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

CBJ wrote:
spacecoyote99 wrote:

The public beta for XR 4.10 is now available, and the patch notes are available in the Patch Public Beta forum.

Is there a changelog for the X3 betas?

Windows 10 64-bit
CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT

PostPosted: Thu, 15. Dec 16, 18:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yes, they've just gone up. See the X3R / X3TC / X3AP Public Beta Testing forum. Smile