Weapon Management

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DaMuncha
x4

Weapon Management

Post by DaMuncha » Thu, 17. Nov 16, 14:27

I must admit, my self and many other players do not like the weapon management system in X Rebirth. The way it only selects 1 overpowered weapon at a time and acts like a First Person Shooter in space. You could pick the weapon you wanted to use easily but in the end it still felt like an arcade game with little weapon variety.

X3 was on the other end of the scale, you had alot of custimisation for all ships you could fly in the game and install any weapons in slots based on thier location on the ship for and combination of weapons for the slot size in those locations. You could select the weapon group on your keyboard for that location and fire a cluster of shots for that weapon group. Which got cumbersome when you gained access to larger capital ships with many weapons.

I propose a weapon group system like X3 but with XR's ease of use. What I mean is you could install what weapons you want into the weapon slots available on your ships, like X3, and then when your in combat you could switch between the weapon groups easily like switching weapons in XR, then you could also choose to chain fire, single shot, or salvo the weapons in that group like Mechwarrior.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”