EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

Commands/Features that XR or next title needs
View previous topic :: View next topic
Nikola515

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 14. Jan 17, 00:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I think they did good job with drone menu when we send them from skunk... People don't use that menu as much becuse drones are useless and too expensive. It would be good idea to expand on it as well . For example do same for weapons and missiles so we can switch them much faster instead of switching 6 weapons to get to one that we want... Also it would be good for fleet comands as well.

Mass efects did pretty good job with this. It is fast paste game( combat ) but yet menus are easy to access. Hot keys are good idea too but it can be pain to remember all of them especially for new players.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 14. Jan 17, 01:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nikola515 wrote:
Also it would be good for fleet comands as well.

i think for that purpose the Dialogue Menu with the Change that it doesnt interrupt Ship Control would be better. (doesnt cover the Crosshair when you have to react to something quickly; fewer Keys required to navigate it)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter Wink

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help Wink
RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Sat, 14. Jan 17, 03:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nikola515 wrote:
I think they did good job with drone menu when we send them from skunk...

Yes, largely because most of the commands have matching hotkeys (1-Cool, which means that people can use hotkeys or mouse/controller, whichever they prefer. Too bad that "smart defence" and "recall all" don't have hotkeys, though. As you say, this basis could be expanded for some of the other menus - it would make most players happy (which is such a rare thing to accomplish, hahahah!)

Nikola515 wrote:
Hot keys are good idea too but it can be pain to remember all of them especially for new players.

Agreed. I think both options ought to be present - radial menu is fine, but with matching hotkeys for those who need/want them (and the hotkeys could be indicated on the radial menu, to make them easy to learn for whoever wants to.) Then it can be up to the player as far as how many/which of the hotkeys to use (and remember! Very Happy )

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
Nikola515

PostPosted: Sat, 14. Jan 17, 06:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I agree with you 100%.... Menus should not be totally dum down but at the same time they shouldn't be too complicated. It is hard to pull something like this with a game and scope such as XR or X3. Perhaps Egosoft should lay out couple different ideas and see what community thinks or perhaps they should look at some of the moding community. I think it would also be good idea for them to add some RTS comands on map for faster and less boring control as well. Something like hybrid controls taken from whole bunch of different playstyles (after all XR is hybrid between FPS space and economy simulation).
Here are some examples:

1)Clicking on trading ship on map and than clicking on station will assign that ship to station for trading.

2) Double-clicking on one unit will select all same units on map (as long as they are not assigned to ship stations). This would be useful to tell all fighters to attack/defend targed. Or if you want to assign 30 M size traders to stations.

This would eliminate need for a lots of micromanagement especially later in game where we have hundreds of ships and stations....

RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Sat, 14. Jan 17, 08:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nikola515 wrote:
I think it would also be good idea for them to add some RTS comands on map for faster and less boring control as well. Something like hybrid controls taken from whole bunch of different playstyles (after all XR is hybrid between FPS space and economy simulation).
This would eliminate need for a lots of micromanagement especially later in game where we have hundreds of ships and stations....

+1. If hybridising the controls could be complicated or confusing, then maybe have a button for "tactical mode" or something like that, which activates those RTS-style controls (maybe disabling the traditional ones for the duration.)

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
mr.WHO

PostPosted: Sat, 14. Jan 17, 15:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RTS mode with active pause would be the best.

For cokpit view combat - pause or bullet time (like in Fallout 3 and 4) would be good to give player time to issue commands.

Nikola515

PostPosted: Tue, 17. Jan 17, 08:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

That would work good as well (stop or slow down time). I know that Ego is working on new UI on X4 but it is hard to say what would be great for new game with even knowing how game will work. It will most likely work same as XR with multiple ships.... So i would love to see some menus where order can be made fast without worrying about blowing up (battle orders).