[MOD AP+LU] Betty Replacer v1.081

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Alkaiser
xr

[MOD AP+LU] Betty Replacer v1.081

Post by Alkaiser » Sun, 30. Oct 16, 02:01

What does this mod do?

1. Replaces "Betty", the on-board computer voice with...a different voice.
2. Replaces voice for the station announcements that you hear at random intervals when you dock at NPC stations. A variety of different voices has been added.
3. Replaces the "Automated Interaction System" with a different voice. You hear this when you com a station or when you shoot down pirates in an empire controlled sector... example: "The Teladi Company thanks you for your valuable assistance in the saving of much profit."

Unzip the files into addon/mov.

Downloads:

MediaFire

Google Drive

Don't forget to backup your 00144.dat and 00244.dat files if you decide that you want Betty back.

1.081:
Improved compatibility with Mayhem. "Sanctuary" and "Research Station" should be pronounced correctly.

1.08:
Found some more missed lines... mostly related to marines and boarding.

1.072:
"installed" had an annoying "bloop" in it. I cleaned it up. A few minor tweaks here and there.

1.071:
Oops! Boron Law Enforcement License got soaked in Space Fuel.

1.07:
More adjustments and a replacement for the "Automated Interaction System".

1.06:
Uh huh. Yet another update. I found some more lines to replace and made some alterations with goal being the reduction of the pace of some lines and making it more, uh, "halting" ... I guess.

1.05:
Tweaked some tweaks... something something... and stuff. Possibly last update unless someone catches a missed phrase or really doesn't like a specific pronunciation or inflection.

1.04:
A few more lines replaced. Many, many tweaks.

1.031:
I didn't like how "Odin" was being pronounced, so I changed it.

1.03:
More pronunciation tweaks and a few more lines recorded. I think I've finally got just about everything covered.

1.02:
Somehow I missed "ejected" and a few other lines that were adjacent to it...though I don't think the other lines are actually used by the game. Also finished the station announcements. There's an interesting variety of station announcers now that speak periodically while you are docked at a station.

1.01:
Some minor fixes and tweaks (mind the gaps). Replaced most of the station announcements.

1.00:
I probably missed a few lines somewhere, but it's definitely in a usable state.

I made it for LU, but it should work for vanilla AP or any mod that doesn't also make changes to the 00144.dat or 00244.dat files.

The new voice is a bit faster than Betty which may result in gaps in certain phrases. Also, I'm not 100% sure about a few pronunciations... Betty wasn't sure either.
Last edited by Alkaiser on Fri, 2. Dec 16, 18:05, edited 4 times in total.

gal@cticfear
x3tc

Post by gal@cticfear » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 21:01

Hi,

I am using this mod and I think it is a refreshing change over the default after hearing it for so many years so thanks for that. Anyway, I am using this with LU Mayhem, and there is a minor problem with the way it says "sanctuary"- there is a bit of distortion at the end of that word. Could this please be fixed somehow? Thanks.

Alkaiser
xr

Post by Alkaiser » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 21:02

I'll take a look.

Sorkvild
x3tc

Post by Sorkvild » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 15:16

Any sample or at least description of what user can expect after installation of this mod?
Elite Dangerous| I survived the Dragon Incident ... then I took an arrow to the knee
We want the Boron back!

ion_cannon_1
xr

Post by ion_cannon_1 » Fri, 16. Dec 16, 08:52

Just tried the mod. The voices are pretty similar to the original voices (IE: Same "gender'), but they do sound pretty nice in a way I can't really explain.

Definitely worth a try, it's a nice change of pace. Thumbs up from me. :)

enenra
x4

Post by enenra » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 00:22

May I ask how you went about doing this? I'd love to mess around with those files myself.

Haven't tried the mod yet but I assume you're using a text to speech program?

azile0
xr

Post by azile0 » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 04:39

I'll check it out, maybe make a video to show it off.

Makita
x4

Post by Makita » Sat, 4. Mar 17, 15:38

I must admit, this is impressive. Nice work and thank you.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”