About the Hayabusa

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

palzxc

About the Hayabusa

Post by palzxc » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 14:57

Hey guys (and girls)!

Does any of you happen to know of a minor mod/script that makes the terrans start using the Hayabusa?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 18:46

Use one of the cheat script suites for whichever game (example) to create a Hayabusa just after a Terran start, transfer across and then use the cheat script to delete your original ship.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

palzxc

Post by palzxc » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 21:39

Thanks Alan, but I had thought this up myself.
I don't believe it will do what I want.

What I want is to see the Hayabusa massively replace the Baldric in the transportation of large volumes of wares (such as energy and minerals) in the Terran sectors.

Is there, perhaps, a specific file that I can modify to achieve that?
Many thanks in advance to whomever gives me a satisfactory solution.

Killjaeden
x3tc

Post by Killjaeden » Tue, 18. Oct 16, 23:21

you would have to edit the jobs file for that. In it you can modify what types of wares somebody trades, and what ships they fly etc. You can either modify the standard mineral transporters or create additional jobs that supplement them.
[ external image ]
X-Tended TC Mod Team Veteran.
Modeller of X3AP Split Acinonyx, Split Drake, Argon Lotan, Teladi Tern. My current work:

palzxc

Post by palzxc » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 17:27

Killjaeden wrote:you would have to edit the jobs file for that. In it you can modify what types of wares somebody trades, and what ships they fly etc. You can either modify the standard mineral transporters or create additional jobs that supplement them.
Thank you Killjaeden, I thought it might be something like that but I don't know where to find the job file or which part of it to modify or even the exact wording of the modification.

Can you please help me a little more with this?
Or someone else?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 19. Oct 16, 22:27

Sorry, I read your OP as wanting to start the Terran Gamestart in a Hayabusa as the Playership.

Now I see what you really want. Killjaeden has the expertise and can probably best talk you through it or refer you to a modding guide or how-to.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

palzxc

Post by palzxc » Sat, 22. Oct 16, 09:53

That's ok, still, no advice on that?
I'm waiting for some help with it.
Anyone?

sartha
x4

Post by sartha » Sat, 12. Nov 16, 17:17

You will need doubleshadow's X3 Editor 2 http://x3e2.doubleshadow.wz.cz/

Once installed, just open it up, click on the Plugins tab, then Cat Manager, then the 2nd Open button, not the first one. It should bring you to the X3TC folder, you will want to go into the "addon" folder since that's where AP is installed. Then assuming Vanilla install (no mods) open 03.cat as it has the most recent Jobs file then just open the Jobs.pck, when prompted use Job Editor.

The ships are identified in this using their (eg SS_SH_LOST_M3H) so to find out which one you want you can open the TShips.pck in the T File Editor (same way you opened the Jobs file) and you can find the ship identification on the first page of each ship entry.

For the most part you should be able to do what you want with this information. If you have more questions, feel free to ask and I'm sure someone will answer you soon enough :)
http://www.4shared.com/dir/3436478/923c ... Ships.html Home of the Wing Commander ships (xsp format) for X3 Reunion.

"Her speed and maneuverability make us look like we're standing still..." --about the Vesuvius-class Supercarrier.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”