EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[X3LU] Internal Distribution Network 1.2b
View previous topic :: View next topic
Joubarbe

Thank you for registering your game
modified
PostPosted: Thu, 29. Sep 16, 17:58    Post subject: [X3LU] Internal Distribution Network 1.2b Reply with quote Print

Internal Distribution Network (for Litcube's Universe)

Download from Mediafire

Download from Dropbox

This mod has essentially been designed for Mayhem 2 but it works fine without it.
Update: as of Mayhem 2.1.2, Dock Agents integrate local versions of IDN ship tasks, meaning that if you don't need to create more complex networks, you probably don't need IDN anymore.

The IDN can manage several networks, each one with its own stations and ships. Its goal is to deliver resources to all factories that need it. It's very simple to use and needs no configuration per se (it reads export/import values of your factories).
There are two kind of ships: the suppliers and the transporters.

Transporters will collect wares from stations and bring them to one of the docks (Equipment dock or Sanctuary), if any.
Suppliers will look at all factories inside their network and will distribute products to fulfill their primary resource needs. They will also take products from your docks to feed other factories.

Both of them disregard the configuration of your docks.

As such, the export threshold is taken into account for exporting products ; and the import threshold for importing resources. For instance, if a SPP has 5000 out of 10000 E-Cells and an export threshold at 60%, the suppliers will not use this SPP to feed other factories. Another example: if a Cattle Ranch has 3000 E-Cells and an import threshold at 5% (the default value), this primary resource will not be considered a need by the suppliers. Same goes for the transporters: if the percentage of available products is below the export threshold, they will not be exported to your equipment dock.

Suppliers are synchronized, can refuel, and will always give extreme priority to their homebase. They will also drop their cargo if they have resources that can be useful to a factory of their network, and they always will take care of not getting rid of their minimum jumpdrive e-cells. Keep an eye on them though, they might require your help from time to time.

Note that when you remove a ship from a network, it automatically gives the order to go back home. Furthermore, its name goes back to default.

The IDN only works for player stations/docks and all ships require a Station Agent Software to be registered.

Installation

1. Install to X3\addon\scripts.
2. Assign a new hotkey.

Last edited by Joubarbe on Fri, 28. Jul 17, 18:57; edited 11 times in total
Litcube

PostPosted: Fri, 30. Sep 16, 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

OMG THIS MOD IS SO AWESOME

Litcube's Universe Wiki
Joubarbe

PostPosted: Fri, 30. Sep 16, 16:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Ahah, shut up Smile

hqz

PostPosted: Mon, 3. Oct 16, 21:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

This is exactly what Mayhem needed. I was running out of ideas to get the right setup for my factories and agents.

Thank you Joubarbe.

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Sat, 8. Oct 16, 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

1.1 released.

Added Export/Import module and a button to restart all ships (useful after an EI or if you manually gave orders to your network ships).

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Tue, 1. Nov 16, 16:34    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

1.2:

- Added Transporter and Supplier ship categories. See first page for documentation.
- No more "reset all ships" button, E/I now properly restart their tasks.
- The lists of stations and ships are sorted.
- Message added to inform you that a ship is sent home (if any) when you remove it from a network.
- If you give a manual command to a network ship, it will be removed from the said network.
- Fixed a bug where clicking "no" when asked if you want to destroy the selected network would make all ships return home.
- Added a "Auto-rename ships of this network" button. Ships will get back their original name when removed from a network.

hanuland

PostPosted: Wed, 2. Nov 16, 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thank for your effort!

I have been waiting for this! Laughing

onlinev

PostPosted: Wed, 2. Nov 16, 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

when I use IDN1.2 my supplier/transporter ships are destroyed by ore/silicon mines... I've checked 5 times and ships destoryed everytime by my mines. can you check and fix it please. My TS ships were Drake

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Wed, 2. Nov 16, 18:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

onlinev wrote:
when I use IDN1.2 my supplier/transporter ships are destroyed by ore/silicon mines... I've checked 5 times and ships destoryed everytime by my mines. can you check and fix it please. My TS ships were Drake

http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4635053#4635053

Vlad13

PostPosted: Thu, 3. Nov 16, 20:18    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hi, Joubarbe!
Thank you for your work!

Do I get it right: if there are more than one dock in the network, transporter only fills one of them?

And another question: my TL transporter is recognizing McCallum and Starliner equipment docks as valid docks but not my HQ.
Is it intended? If not could you fix it please?

Thank you!

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Thu, 3. Nov 16, 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If you get more than one dock in your network, the transporter will randomly choose one.

Your HQ is not recognized? How do you know that? You have a message in the ship command saying that no docks are found?

Vlad13

PostPosted: Thu, 3. Nov 16, 20:39    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Yes, it says Idle-%networkname%-no docks found
After 10-15 seconds it becomes Collect Ware Energy Cell for null, transporter goes to sch, loads energy cells, after that goes to some orbital defense station with "Collect ware-refuel" order (with 100k fuel cells in cargo bay), docks undocks and hangs forever just outside this defense station with "Collect ware-refuel" order.

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Thu, 3. Nov 16, 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Can you please provide a savegame? I must reproduce that.

Seon

PostPosted: Fri, 4. Nov 16, 08:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have a few ships set to be suppliers, and a few to be transporters. 4 transporters, to be exact.

I have two crystal fabs set up, but my transporters seem to be giving them the cold shoulder. I have them both set up to 0% export, but the ships just constantly overlook them.

My other stations seem to be in the same situation. The only station that they seem to be even considering as a source for my Sanctuary, is my SPP.

...Actually, while typing this I looked back over to my game, and see my supplier is going to my silicon mine to take its goods, but all my 3 other transporters are sitting idle. I have a ton of stations getting to their max limits, but none of them are deciding to to do work and just sit around.

Mods I have are LU, Mayhem, IDN, Advanced Sat Monitoring, this, and your ADS.

Pictures:

http://puu.sh/s5Yw7/df1104172c.bmp
http://puu.sh/s5YsY/5350237733.bmp

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Fri, 4. Nov 16, 10:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

@Vlad13: your problem is fixed. Will release new version soon.

@Seon: savegames make Panda happy.