Trusted Courtier (+3 Boron rep) and still hostile

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sendrock
x3fl

Trusted Courtier (+3 Boron rep) and still hostile

Post by sendrock » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 18:12

Hello,

I tried X3AP a few days ago, and I took the Bankrupt Assassin starter plot. So, I was an enemy of Borons and Paranides, I killed many ship to get some Cr in the beginning (-4 rep with boron). After that, and because boron could destroy my first and only one station in agron's territory, I decided to take few missions to raise my reputation to the +3 level and focus on paranides only for the Cr.

Now that I'm in this +3 reputation stage, I can acces boron's core sector, but so many ships are still red to me (even with the setting "Ally" in my Shift+C panel). And all the laser turret I saw were red too, and they just fire at me even if the local police is blue to me. The strange thing is that when I ask the local police to help me, they send reinforcement, but they'r red to me, and they attack me with the laser turret.

Sometimes I can apologize and they turn blue, but sometimes, patrol won't talk to me when I try, and they just stay red and destroy my ship.

Any way to avoid that ?

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 18:20

Those are individuals that you somehow upset during your early days as a miscreant. They don't care that their government has accepted you, they remember you for who you were.

Option one... kill them. Apologize to the local police/military when they arrive and do some more missions to restore your rank. Rinse and repeat.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

sendrock
x3fl

Post by sendrock » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 18:24

Hmmmm, ok, some of them are huge for now, and I can't deal with them but I'll try later. And for the laser turret, I suppose it's the same thing, I have to destroy them and then apologize ? (but with their shield, fiuf, it's not so easy for now :D). Btw , thanks for your reply

Honved
x3tc

Post by Honved » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 19:07

Many of the individual ships with a grudge will eventually get destroyed as they wander into pirate or other hostile sectors. The laser towers are a longer-term issue.

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 23. Aug 16, 21:11

As I have said before, there is no problem in the universe that can't be solved with a brace of tomahawks, and bombers are cheap, m8.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Post by RAVEN.myst » Thu, 1. Sep 16, 02:26

This sort of situation is standard for any of the game starts that have you initially at odds with some factions - additionally, some stations will also remain red to you after you've mended fences (some of these seem to be related to ships homed to them that you have at some point antagonised.)

There are two easy ways to fix the vast majority of grudge-holders:

1. The standard apology comms option will work most of the time. Sometimes, you may have to be insistent (2 or 3 attempts may be required). Also, some ships have a sort of authority, for example: if you successfully apologise to a TL in a sector, chances are that pretty much any other still-hostiles in the sector will follow its lead and forgive you without you having to comms them. (This also works in a more limited way with law-enforcement patrols - if you placate the patrol leader, the underlings go along, though it's not always obvious who the patrol leader is.)

2. I'm not sure whether this second method is an unintended bug (and thus an exploit) - it works in AP but not in TC (as I discovered in a recent re-visit of TC), so either it's an intentional new interaction in AP, or an unintentional new bug :D Anyhow, it works as follows: leave the sector but either leave behind or send in some other ship or object, then look into that sector (advanced satellites SEEM to work most reliably, but that may be observer bias on my part). Reds that are marginal (ie. essentially sitting the fence) will turn neutral, and this even often works for pirates (which can't be apologised to). This trick will win over those few stubborn cops that don't even give you an apology option, as well as sorting out some odd cases where ships appear as red on the main view but blue on the sector map. With regards to pirates: this will sort out those that aren't far into the hostile attitude, but any pirate "clans" (determined mostly by where you are, which Anarchy Port/Pirate SE you're nearest to) that you've annoyed too much will not respond to this. However, if you're not averse to doing this, then it's worthwhile, upon entering any sector filled with red pirates, to quickly drop a satellite, pull a U-turn back out the sector, and then look at the sector's map from OoS. This last is very important: the attitude adjustment of this trick ONLY works if you look at the sector from OoS with one of your properties present there - if you don't, their attitude stays the same, and they simply blow away your satellite or emissary. Ships are affected, but stations are not, so you will still need to find an NPC offering IFF hacks; also, despite being "ships", orbital weapons platforms usually don't respond to this treatment either (perhaps requiring a much better faction relationship), and can't be hacked either, so these can become a thorn in the side.
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

manniac
x2

Post by manniac » Wed, 14. Sep 16, 07:25

Pretty much what Raven said. I just started a Poisoned Paranid game last week and found myself in same position - whole paranid race was red to me.

Once I finished the plot and got my Hyperion, I got into a tricked out Kestrel (parked inside my Hyperion) and went to every single paranid sector. When encountering paranid red ships, I would comm them and apologize for weapon fire.

Took about 1-2 hours, but in the end, 99.99% of paranid assets were peaceful. I had 4 stations that were still red, no way to pacify those directly, just roam around and look for lightbulb missions - sometimes they offer to hack a station for you. These missions occur within 3 sectors from the station you want to pacify.

For the last piece of the puzzle, the lasertowers, what Raven said. Normally I would come in the sector on my Kestrel, full of advanced sats, drop one in the middle of the sector, then move to the next. When encountering a hostile lasertower, I order my Hyperion to jump in the sector I just left, then quickly look at that sector through sector map. Lasertower gets insta pacified. I'm not using this as an exploit, only to solve a bug - hostile lasertowers.
Magnate
Ace 1st Grade
142 ships
68 stations

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”