How to cancel a glitched transfer order / bug trading drones between ships?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Barons
x4

How to cancel a glitched transfer order / bug trading drones between ships?

Post by Barons » Mon, 8. Aug 16, 05:29

Hello,

I'm playing the latest version with numerous mods in free play/teladi outpost start.

I captured a xenon ship and issued an order to a marauder phoenix to transfer 20 construction drones to it. It's been ages and both ships are stuck on waiting for drones.

I've tried adding and removing from squad, clicking on the planned trips and clearing them, and assigning another ship as the leader but nothing has got them un stuck.

It's possible this was caused because the xenn ship isn't able to carry drones? I just noticed it doesn't have a units drop down in its details like my other ships showing how many drones it can hold.

Thanks for any suggestions.

***EDIT***
One solution to cancel the trade is blowing up one of the ships. Once I blew up one I was able to order the remaining ship to stop it's current task. However I'm still running into an issue when I try to transfer the construction drones.

So I captured a 2nd marauder phoenix and it's badly damaged I sent an order to my original marauder phoenix and told it to transfer dones to it.... same issue as with the xenon ship.

Both ships have cargo drones but the trade still freezes up shortly after exicutting the trade. Is this a known issue with a workaround by chance?

I really don't want to keep blowing up my own ships (selling them also works) =P

Thanks for any help or suggestions really what I'm trying to accomplish here is getting captured ships repaired as fast as possible. If there is a better way thats really what I'm after here.

The first marauder phoenix that I captured took 4 real hours to repair not in game hours but like angrily waiting, then giving up and doing other stuff, checking back to see if it had made any progress, and then angrily waiting some more 4 hours. Imo that's excessively slow.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 9. Aug 16, 17:59

Moving to Universe gameplay forum as the OP has a modded game and is asking for play suggestions rather than a technical fix.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 9. Aug 16, 18:44

Try changing captain. It works sometimes.

At any rate, if you don't find a solution, you can always sell the ship instead of destroying it.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

gorman2040
x4

Post by gorman2040 » Tue, 9. Aug 16, 20:15

It happened to me a few days ago.

In your case check if the drone bay is not destroyed.
If it is you can't assign drones to the ship (but it should block you at the transfert menu)

In my case with fully functional ships, I canceled the blocking trades and added a third ship to transfert drones (cargolifters as I though they were the problem).

After the third ship trade completed my stuck ship soon finished his tarde and wasn't stuck anymore.
"Show me your wares!"
Specs: i5-12600K, 32GB DDR4-3200, 1TB NVMe, RTX2060 Super. Saitek X52. LG 4K TV.
X3 Reunion, X3 TC, X Rebirth and now X4, still shooting Xenon and charting the universe since 2006.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Tue, 9. Aug 16, 21:20

Wareexchanges between ships can't proceed if the player remains in the same zone. Once u travel to another zone it should finish pretty quickly. What also could've caused it might be a destroyed dronebay, not entirely sure on this one.

Barons
x4

Post by Barons » Tue, 9. Aug 16, 22:59

iforgotmysocks wrote:Wareexchanges between ships can't proceed if the player remains in the same zone. Once u travel to another zone it should finish pretty quickly. What also could've caused it might be a destroyed dronebay, not entirely sure on this one.
Oh cool, didn't know I had to leAve the zone. I'll try that next time. Thanks for the help.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 12. Aug 16, 17:25

iforgotmysocks wrote:Wareexchanges between ships can't proceed if the player remains in the same zone. Once u travel to another zone it should finish pretty quickly. What also could've caused it might be a destroyed dronebay, not entirely sure on this one.
It's the collision prevention codes. Once you get out of zone, that code is disable, and the transfer can proceed!!!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 12. Aug 16, 17:35

i think the actual issue is something diffrent: i recently rewrote the parking Scripts and according to Comments in the Scripts the last movement Step (move_strafe) has to be executed/started after the Ship Stopped, otherwise it will jump a few centimeters when trying to reach the exact Target Pos and therefore never stop the movement.. (and i tried it anyway - didnt work out, as stated)

(moving works diffrent Out Of Sight so leaving the area where the Ship is visible fixes this)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”