[X3AP] best ships to capture? ships that can not be bought

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Space100

[X3AP] best ships to capture? ships that can not be bought

Post by Space100 » Sun, 24. Jul 16, 22:06

I'm having fun with the catch, I have the headquarters. Best ships to be captured for each class?, and then reverse engineer .....I've caught M6 Hyperion vanguard :twisted: , I have used my M7 Grifon Sentinel to attack and reduce the shields, and my M6 Heavy Hydra Boron to lauch 8 marine and reduce shield (some ions arms :boron: ), 4 drones to distract and on target. In the M6 Hyperion there was sentry lasers and polarized hull :rofl: . My marine about four stars combat and 4 stars meccanic :P
I have also heard of a Paranid M3? which can be loaded with missiles for bombers.
But it is rare to find, suggestions?

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Mon, 25. Jul 16, 00:23

The X3TC Stats and Resources Compendium (Excel spreadsheet) and Rogueys Website are two excellent references.

If you don't have Excel, you can download a Viewer from Microsoft or pick up a public domain spreadsheet that can convert from Excel to it's format. Even if you are playing AP, the Compendium is a worthwhile tool. The Ships tab indicates what ships are unique, can be boarded or captured, and able to be reversed engineered.

Roguery has information for all of the X series games from X2 to X-Rebirth.

The Advanced Perseus can be found as an abandoned ship in TC. It can be bought at selected shipyards in AP.

RAVEN.myst
x3tc

Re: [X3AP] best ships to capture? ships that can not be bought

Post by RAVEN.myst » Mon, 25. Jul 16, 22:51

Space100 wrote: I have also heard of a Paranid M3? which can be loaded with missiles for bombers.
I suspect that here you may be referring to the Medusa Prototype - if so, you're out of luck as the on.y way to get it (if I'm not mistaken - and without cheating it in with a script) is by playing as the Unholy Traitor game-start. This ship is a M3+ that is able to fire certain missiles that otherwise are only available to M6 ships.

If you want to cast your ambitious gaze upwards some, then you can look at boarding the Terran and ATF capital ships, all the way up to the Valhalla super-destroyer. Be warned, however, that your marines' mechanical skill will need to be maxed out, as most of those ships have very thick hulls.

Good hunting! :)
-
Boron passenger: "You must hurry - my testicles are drying out!"
-
Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”