changing gates to t.o.a's

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

devilofbelfast
xr

changing gates to t.o.a's

Post by devilofbelfast » Wed, 20. Jul 16, 02:42

hi has anone ever released a script or mod that changes all the gates (except those of the hub) to t.o.a's? I also plan to make jumpdrives a st class ware but i know how to do that.

My aim is to make the universe seem a bigger place, having to slow boat it mostly everywhere except for using a tl to jump to beacons.

I plan to use a gate building mod to create a few gates at extortionate prices for use with the hub.

Do any of you know of a script that could help me achieve the gate change or would it be an easy thing to create?

Any help would be appreciated
the four most important things iv'e found out,
1, your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
3, if gods watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining,
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 23. Jul 16, 21:20

I am sure this has been done before, but I couldn't find a working download link in a trice. So here you go:

[ external image ]

Simply download the archive, extract it to your scripts or addon/scripts folder (for X3AP), activate and open the Script Editor and run the script by highlighting the 'a.change.gates.to.toas.xml' script and pressing "r" and two times 'Enter'.

It changes all jumpgates to Transorbital Accelerators (excluding the HUB gates). The HUB is excluded based on its sector coordinates (13/8).
The script also assumes that in the initial map, gate type and gate id are identical, and that the HUB is not connected yet, which should be the case at the start of a vanilla game. Let me know, whether it works or whether it needs any adjustments.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

devilofbelfast
xr

Post by devilofbelfast » Sun, 24. Jul 16, 17:28

x2-illuminatus thank you very much im going to check it out now

*edit, just tested it and it worked perfectly. i can really see this changing the nature of my play style. The jumpdrive has now become completely useless as for some reason it wont lock onto the jump beacons now but thats something im happy to integrate into my game.

It is really going to make the game a huge place where a complex under attack on the other side of the galaxy is potentially hours flight time away if i need to intervene personally. this is going to require huge regional manufacturing facilities to support huge militaries to keep trade lanes open and secure. long term Its going to need literal fleets of destroyers and carriers with massive amounts of support craft just to keep small simple sector blocks (like the argon prime block) safe because im off on the other side of the galaxy doing something else.

im goiing to have to consider the concept of a galaxy wide trading station network with a trading station in each sector, cags buying and selling, cls transferring excess wares to the next station.

x2-illuminatus thanks again
the four most important things iv'e found out,
1, your birth certificate is an apology letter from the condom factory.
2, dont argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experiance.
3, if gods watching us, the least we can do is be entertaining,
4, Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”