Seriously...

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 13:45

Thats a misconception, Bernd said that the limits of the X(3) engine were clear for quite a while. TC is built on X3 and so is AP, there are no fundamental changes other than the Mission Director between those.

MFG

Ketraar

ajax34i
x4

Post by ajax34i » Thu, 18. Aug 16, 14:33

I think there's something advantageous to continuing to add plots or new areas to older games, and the reason is because there are VERY FEW space combat simulators and we're starved for them. I'm pretty sure I'd buy more X3:XX continuations or just plot / mission additions to X3AP. And if the next game after X-Rebirth is going to take a while, I'd like more X-Rebirth content.

And unfortunately, this next game better take a while. Because the quality of X-Rebirth has demoted Egosoft from its previous "buy their games" position to my regular "wait to see if it's good first" attitude that I have with most games. So it better be good, and right away, cause I'm perfectly willing to wait a few years for the 3rd DLC to finish fixing the bugs, and for the bargain bin price if it's not good on release day.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”