Pokemon Go

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 19:28

Jericho wrote: I was under the impression that the things would be appearing on my camera, hence the augmented reality aspect.
They should be. Do you mean that your camera activates but it doesnt draw a pokemon? Maybe there's an issue with the app on your phone.

I actually turned off that specific feature, and it instead draws pokemon on a green background.

Jericho wrote: Also I think my phone lacks an axis of detection, as the game told me it couldn't work out which way my phone was facing. So maybe that's the problem?
That could maybe explain it. On top right corner in the "camera" mode there's a switch to turn it into not a camera mode, then it'll just show ya a pokemon regardless of your facing. Try that
Jericho wrote: When the hell did I turn into my mum?
Your mom plays pokemon? ))

X2-Illuminatus wrote:but you can get some first impressions here.
Can this be done with Vodka?...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 19:46

fiksal wrote:
Of course. The industry is adapting fast.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

fiksal
x4

Post by fiksal » Tue, 26. Jul 16, 20:59

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
fiksal wrote:
Of course. The industry is adapting fast.
I havent seen the full video yet (at this moment of time), but I like where it's going!

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Wed, 27. Jul 16, 01:46

I find the game quite engaging. The premise is catching them all, to create a fighting squad, Pokemons have different Combat Power, even of the same class, and will gain more Combat Power via evolutions and leveling them up. To improve Combat Power you use Stardust and candies, both drop when you capture pokemon. Stardust is generic but candies are specific to each Pokemon. Also as you gain levels as a Pokemon trainer, pokemons with higher combat power will appear.

Gyms is where you get the in game currency and fight with other people pokemons, button mashing as said before, but gyms can gain levels, the more levels, the more pokemon it can hold and the harder to conquer for your team. I have acircuit where I conquer 3 Gyms and claim 30 gold coins, 10 from each, cooldown for next claim is 24 hours.

Walking, you do not want to expend real money? You need to walk, pokeballs and potions are collected at pokestops, 3 or 4 items per pokestop, cooldown of a few minutes. Otherwise you buy them with real money in the shop, remember you need to keep capturing pokemons to get stardust and candies, easy to use 30 or 40 pokeballs a day.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 27. Jul 16, 02:28

It does seem to follow the grinding concepts of low key social games, as you say basically the goal of this so called game is to play it, there is no failing, there is no realization, just levels and grinding. Hmm intriguing... sounds a lot a like a typical pyramid scheme. :gruebel:

MFG

Ketraar

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Wed, 27. Jul 16, 03:21

Pokemon games rely on grinding and collecting mostly, so quite faithfull to the series, but in Pokemon go you can skip a lot of the grindind by using real money. Take eggs for example, you get one incubator (unlimited uses)only, but inventory holds 10 eggs, so you could purchase 9 incubators (3 uses only) and hatch 10 eggs in one go, saving you lots of walking.

Still this is version 1.0 so many updates to come, hopefully the hability to exchange Pokemon with other players as it will boost the social aspect of the game.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 27. Jul 16, 05:38

Santi wrote:...Still this is version 1.0 so many updates to come, hopefully the hability to exchange Pokemon with other players as it will boost the social aspect of the game.
I wonder if this does happen if Pokemon Go will develop a SoJ-Economy. "S.o.J" = "Stone of Jordon", semi-rare item in Diablo 2, which was used as the basis for most all player-to-player item transactions at one time.

But, when EBay and other "real cash" sites started making their appearance, some Diablo 2 items started to get to be valued in real-world currency. Some items sold for thousands of real-world dollars (USD).

Blizzard built its economic model and set up its horribly failed marketplace in an attempt to cash-in on the trading fever of the Diablo franchise.

How long before shady characters on streetcorners will be asking passersby "Yo, got a hot Squirtnipples, here. Ultra-rare! Only fifty bucks! Ten, if you just wanna touch it.""

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Fri, 27. Jan 17, 09:09

Hey guys- prolly a little late for me to post stuff but i thought you would be interested. As most of you know, pgo is not the first augmented reality game. There are many. This one is based heavily on niantics previous game ingress. It was much deeper but there are no monsters to catch so less ppl played it. I mostly play pgo nowdays but still dabble in ingress from time to time. Some in this thread asked how the pokie stops were made. The answer is that the ingress players made them. About 2 years ago, there was a function in the game which allowed you to submit photos around your area. You accompanied these photos with a name and brief description. Niantic stipulated the locations needed to be of cultural significance. They also made some in game rewards for successful submissions. As a result the Niantic staff which consisted of around 12ppl were inundated with millions of submissions. The waiting time between submission and consideration blew out from a few weeks to nearly a year. Eventually niantic pulled the plug. It soon became obvious to us players that there was not much logic behind successful submissions- we ended up referring to nianic as the monkeys or the third team. We did note however that a well thought out submission was usually rejected but a plaque or random piece of graffiti would be accepted. Most of these things ended up as pokie stops. I have created 62 successful pokie stops in my region, no one would be able to play the game well in my area if it weren't for me and 2 other nerds.

Enjoy the game if you are still playing. I am, and still having fun with it. I also know most of the ins and outs of the game and am happy to help.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

philip_hughes
x3tc

Post by philip_hughes » Fri, 17. Feb 17, 07:50

New update guys. 80 more creatures to catch and other bonuses.
Split now give me death? Nah. Just give me your ship.

Return to “Off Topic English”