NEWS: Updated X3TC and X3AP

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

NEWS: Updated X3TC and X3AP

Post by CBJ » Fri, 8. Jul 16, 16:12

X3: Terran Conflict 3.2d and X3: Albion Prelude 3.1a are now available.

These are small technical updates for Windows only and do not contain any new gameplay features.

• Fixed selection of wrong graphics card on systems (particularly laptops) that have dual graphics.
• Fixed issue with menu performance on systems with particular AMD graphics hardware and driver combinations.

For Steam users, both games should update automatically provided your Steam client is configured to do this. For GOG users, both with and without Galaxy client, the update is available from GOG. For everyone else, the patch for X3TC can be found in our download area.
Last edited by CBJ on Fri, 21. Apr 17, 13:50, edited 1 time in total.

NEMESIS165
x4

Post by NEMESIS165 » Sat, 9. Jul 16, 14:13

is there hope we get patches with new gameplay features for X3AP?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sat, 9. Jul 16, 14:29

In [url=http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?p=4616836#4616836]this[/url] post CBJ wrote:
BlackArchon wrote:This is rather disappointing when there are so many suggestions what players want (http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=378073).
This is a purely technical update. It does not preclude the possibility of us doing something with some of those ideas in the future. That possibility has not gone away just because of the time that has passed since we last talked about it. :)
YorrickVander wrote:Unfortunately I don't have hardware that had issues with the current live version. Would it be possible to add a borderless window mode though? The Linux version has this but not the Windows :(
Again, not as part of this update, but we are aware that it is fairly high on some people's list, so it would definitely be considered if and when we get the chance to do some more substantial work in this area.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Denurk
x4

Post by Denurk » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 09:07

А хде обещанный графон,исправление хитрых багов облегчающих игру..и тд тп в X3TC..:roll:

('Where are the other promised improvements in graphics, bug fixes and UI etc in X3TC?' - Please post in English in the EN forums. Alan Phipps)

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 14:28

I'm not aware of any such "promises" having been made. Could you point to where this has happened?

Denurk
x4

Post by Denurk » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 17:14

CBJ wrote:I'm not aware of any such "promises" having been made. Could you point to where this has happened?
Если я начну писать на английском вы все равно не поймёте :lol:
Вроде ж как было предложение улучшить бекграунды,не? :wink: И я вот сейчас играю в режиме dead is dead,могу банально умереть от отключения електроэнергии,не говоря уже о соединении с интернетом..

roundowl
x3ap

Post by roundowl » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 19:35

Denurk, есть же специальная секция для русскоговорящих пользователей. Если ты напишешь плохо на английском, кто-то всё равно попытается вникнуть. И напротив, открывать переводчик с русского многим не захочется. ("There is a special section for Russian speaking users. If you'll write a bad sentence in English, someone will still try to understand it. However, many people will not want to open a translator from Russian.)

AFAIK, "dead is dead" still saves you at stations and allows you to reload a save if you didn't die since last save. I may be wrong.

Denurk
x4

Post by Denurk » Mon, 11. Jul 16, 21:38

roundowl wrote:Denurk, есть же специальная секция для русскоговорящих пользователей. Если ты напишешь плохо на английском, кто-то всё равно попытается вникнуть. И напротив, открывать переводчик с русского многим не захочется. ("There is a special section for Russian speaking users. If you'll write a bad sentence in English, someone will still try to understand it. However, many people will not want to open a translator from Russian.)

AFAIK, "dead is dead" still saves you at stations and allows you to reload a save if you didn't die since last save. I may be wrong.
А я думаю,кому надо переведет,я же этим занимаюсь когда чем то интересуюсь..

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Tue, 12. Jul 16, 00:20

Oh.
Well... so much for getting excited about the X3 Universe.
How many pages of excited feedback about X3 in that thread?
All for naught.
Sad.
Thanks anyway.
Listening to customers hasn't been egosoft's strong point since Rebirth was in beta, at least.
I guess sales aren't a company focus, which I find rather odd.
*heavy sigh*

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 14. Jul 16, 18:35

@ Monkeyfister: Please read again post 3 of this thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

phantomrock2
x4

Yes I Know

Post by phantomrock2 » Fri, 15. Jul 16, 19:26

So ok this is only a minor fix.
However, I have had to leave the X-Uni for games such as Star Wars Old Republic and Star Trek Online where at least I have to pay for a subscription but in the end the developers really have to listen to what the players would like to see in the game. I enjoyed playing on a game that was not Internet persistent where I controlled the flow of the game. I cannot get anything started in XR because there are not enough missions to support advancing such as taxi missions. I do not know what is going on but I enjoy the Egosoft games but it seems as if the players are not even asked what would we like to see before you did what was done a while ago.

So many of us fell in love with X3TC and X3AP and now we feel very alienated
[" thank you "]

roundowl
x3ap

Post by roundowl » Sat, 16. Jul 16, 10:22

phantonrock2, you see, you've made a good point. SWOR and STO have a subscription, which means (1) if a game is bad, people will leave the company with no money, and (2) as long as the game is played, company gets stable income.

X, on the other hand, is a one-off product. Once you've paid, you no longer provide Egosoft with money, which means they work for what they've earned long ago. Other games counter that with useless DLC, Egosoft does not.

I'm surprised Egosoft even tried to fix some issues with the game. I'd just sell it and be done with it. That's why I'm no game developer.

(Oh, and Deep Silver ruined some series in the past, don't blame Egosoft for that.)

Denurk
x4

Post by Denurk » Mon, 18. Jul 16, 12:35

Я готов еще купить DLC,в котором все будут совмещены TC и AP :wink: Но только не будет там этих сумашедших корпусов,которым и щиты не нужны :!: :roll:

Mental_Matt
x3tc

Post by Mental_Matt » Thu, 21. Jul 16, 16:42

Absolute Pathetic should never have existed. Having neglected original TC expansion's data, rejected, ever compared it after? It is an accident-on. HUD lines switch bug/hack is gone there, however. Not even wonder actually why same didn't happen to tc, there's a stats mafia or something similar in the forum, I heard.

Elucca
x3tc

Post by Elucca » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 20:28

Is there still hope for a fix to the (rather severe, it's keeping me from playing) FPS deterioration over time? The issue has been tracked down detailed by the community over here: http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=386039

I think at some point a dev mentioned it might get fixed, or that part of it was fixed.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Thu, 11. Aug 16, 20:50

Yes, there is hope, as Xenon_Slayer's post from the second page of your linked topic and CBJ's post from the thread I linked above both indicate.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Elucca
x3tc

Post by Elucca » Sat, 13. Aug 16, 01:32

That's nice to hear. Was just curious if that information was still current. :)

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 27. Aug 16, 12:55

Would a recompile of X3 for newer processors (like relying on SSE2 extensions) bring more performance? I think Egosoft could do this withut much effort (I assume there isn't any assembler code used in X3), and if this is a way to improve performance, then this might be a low hanging fruit.

People with such old CPUs which doesn't support SSE2 are surely out of use now.

Post by 961414077 » Sun, 25. Sep 16, 08:44

is that possible we will have 5.0 update for X rebirth or any other new game under X series in under making?

jambock
x4

Post by jambock » Tue, 13. Dec 16, 01:16

Since you're still patching the game i have an opinion/idea/request etc...
Installing mods is a little complicated and tiresome; woul be cool if (with the permission of the creators) you (Egosoft) could make an optional "DLC" that bring the major overhaul of the game, like XRM and others; being optional it will not force anyone to use it but on the other hand would make easier to those who want to use install them, and , maybe, if possible play the game modded but as if it wasn't. Just an idea.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”