Shipyard maintenance orders : queing them all in one single visit ?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Browser_ice
x4

Shipyard maintenance orders : queing them all in one single visit ?

Post by Browser_ice » Sun, 29. May 16, 19:00

I think it would be more realistic if when I am sending a ship to a shipyard to be repaired, improved and/or done equiped, that all of this would be done in one single visit.

Instead for each action, I have wait that the current maintenance order is done, wait for my ship to move away from the shipyard, wait for the shipyard officer to be ready to accept the next order, give it the next maintenance order, wait for my ship to dock to the shipyard and repeat this whole cycle for any of the above 3 maintenance orders.

Can this be fixed in the next patch ?
Steam X-Superbox, XR, playing X4
WIndows-10
Intel I7-3770
16Gb Memory
Nvgidia GTX-1060

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Mon, 30. May 16, 01:48

While I agree it's a PITA as currently implemented, I don't see how your proposed solution would be 'more realistic'.. unless you mean the equipping/outfitting/repairing all being done in 1 visit, in which case I agree it makes much more sense.. with an added time penalty

(thinking about it, that last may be why the stages are conducted 1x1: it momentarily frees up the dock for NPCs to get a look in..)
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Mon, 30. May 16, 04:44

why implement this only for a limited use case? in think it would be better to add a generic command queue, similiar to the Shoppinglist but which can be used for any command to chain several of them. (needs seperation of permanent orders, which would fill the command queue when empty, and executed orders which actually perform a specific action and then exit instead of the hybrids between these which aure currently used by EGO)

i am working on something like this myself, although its currently limited to Trading for Stations only, but plan is to eventually cover everything which can be done by employees
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

PowerPC603
xr

Post by PowerPC603 » Mon, 30. May 16, 09:36

It should be do-able because when trading multiple wares with a station, it's done already.
When unloading Fusion Reactors, Reinforced Metal Plates, Energy cells and Bio optics to a construction vessel, my Rahanas stays in place and delivers ware after ware, without undocking and redocking between wares.

This could be improved as well, because right now, my ship has 50 cargo drones onboard but only uses the required amount per ware to deliver it.
So when I have enough Energy cells for 2 drones, fusion reactors to fill up 4 drones, reinforced metal plates to fill up 3 drones and another drone for the bio optics, that's how they're launched.

First 2 drones, wait for those to return, then send the next batch of 4 drones, wait again for those 4 to return, then another batch of 3 drones, wait for those to return again and finally 1 more drone.

Why not allow the game to use all drones at the same time and deliver all wares at the same time?
Then it should use 10 drones in one trip to complete all 4 deliveries at once (only when they can be delived at the same docking station of course such as a construction vessel).

So for giving service in a shipyard, this could be done as well.
Give multiple orders and stay docked until they're all finished (unless some action needs to be done at another docking station).

To expand this for servicing your capital ship, repairing, improving and equipping drones could be done at the same time as well, if the same docking station provides all these orders.

The game could be modified to execute all orders at the same time at the same docking station whenever possible.

I can't imagine going to a car repair shop IRL, asking for an oil change, wheel change, repairing a dent in the bodywork and installing a new radio, and having to go out and back in after each order.
They can do all those things in one visit (instead of 4 separate visits) and probably all at the same time as well, if there are 4 mechanics in the car shop.
One mechanic can do the oil change, another can do the wheel change, a third will repair the dent and a fourth can install a new radio.
GamePC: 64bit Quad-core i5-3450 @ 3.1GHz, 12GB RAM, nVidia GeForce RTX2070 8GB, 22" LG Full-HD LED-monitor, Windows 7 Home 64bit

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Mon, 30. May 16, 16:03

It would be much simpler if they just did this: once you select the "modify a ship" option, instead of sending you in another submenu where you choose the type of modification, they should let you go through each window one after the other the other, just like when you have a ship build.
First, the window where you select hull repair percentage, then follow up with the upgrade window, then follow up with the drone selection window, then get to the final confirmation window.
Sure, you get 4 windows instead of two every time (you always get the confirmation window anyway), but it's still wayyy waster than having to give separate commands for everything.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”