EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

New X game wishlist!! write here features you need in next X game
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Ericmor

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Thu, 5. Jan 17, 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Guys, something i almost forgot: customizable music!
Remember Morrowind, were you could add mp3 tracks to exploration or combat?
In x3, tracks 0001.mp3 to 0005.mp3 (i think, don´t remember quite well) were the combat tracks... i used to back them up and rename power metal tracks to copy over the combat music, it was awesome... if X4 had a 'exploration' music folder and a 'combat track' music mp3 folder, it would be friggin AWESOME. Being able to add your own music to the game is always extreme. Pity, GTA 5 didn´t did that right, always so buggy.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 5. Jan 17, 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

in XR its already pretty simple to replace the existent tracks and from what i have seen you can define individual soundtracks via mod down to the Zone Level (thats the part i am sure about) and possibly even to (the sorroundings of) Ships and Stations (not sure about that, but very likely) - sadly in mst cases only Cluster or Sector soundtracks are used..

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter Wink

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help Wink
RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Fri, 6. Jan 17, 00:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Hmmm, that's good to know - do you know whether it would be simple (and safe - ie. without breaking the game) to replace or remove the annoying, repetitive, and above all else disproportionately **LOUD** highway loops? If so, that would vastly improve the "quality of life" (what a grandiose expression, hhahahah) of my Rebirth time... (Hmm, while I await any response to that, methinks I'll go poke around myself, in case it's stored in an obvious manner...[EDIT: Sigh... nope, must be hidden in CAT files, or something...])

Born on Lave, raised on Freeport 7...
-
The Write Stuff
caleb

PostPosted: Fri, 6. Jan 17, 00:20    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RAVEN.myst wrote:
More good stuff

Oh full customization! I'm all for it. But I also know it's a lot more work to implement, and balance, so it's probably not feasible with Egosofts budget... So at least modifiers, and modules with modifiers would be a great start. With so many ships (if we have at least as many as X3), then there would be a few that perfectly match each players playstyle when modded a bit.

But yeah, I'm all for options, and unusual tactics. And your story did remind me of old starcraft games. I do remember beating a player that had full on battlecruisers that would eat all my mutalisks. So I created 3 squads of Hydralisks, and a bunch of defilers (the ones that cast the orange cloud that blocks ranged damage), and went on to eat all his bcruisers. Tons of hilarity ensued, and it was a great time.

That's what I would like to see. Enough options to be able to flex the creative muscle, and come up with interesting combination and tactics. AI would have a problem countering this, so I would also add cloud support for this. Successful fleet configurations would be automatically uploaded, and downloaded to all clients, and the AI could build those ships. So you would be playing against other player designs, which would make for a radically more challenging game, and always changing.

Ok, getting too carried away... I remember doing all this for when Rebirth was announced, and was burned badly anyways... So I just hope we do get an X4 game with some semblance of X in it.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 6. Jan 17, 00:59    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RAVEN.myst wrote:
[EDIT: Sigh... nope, must be hidden in CAT files, or something...])

EGO just published their Cat extracting Tool for everyone today, so its not a hindrance anymore... if it ever was, i think the format of them was one of the first things figured out and extracted by the community. the format is also pretty simple, you just have to look in a cat and dat belonging together to understand it.. (ok, not the ones where the first file is binary goo, but any other will do)

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter Wink

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help Wink
RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Fri, 6. Jan 17, 01:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

caleb wrote:
That's what I would like to see. Enough options to be able to flex the creative muscle, and come up with interesting combination and tactics.

+1 (uncharacteristically succinct of me - trying something new Razz )

caleb wrote:
AI would have a problem countering this, so I would also add cloud support for this. Successful fleet configurations would be automatically uploaded, and downloaded to all clients, and the AI could build those ships. So you would be playing against other player designs, which would make for a radically more challenging game, and always changing.

Good point, and intriguing solution. I recall similar approaches being used in a couple of games some time ago (I think one was one of the Tekkens, Mirror's Edge can save races online, and some other game, I forget what, referred to a similar technique as "shadow multiplayer" or some such - again, not live MP but vs a saved profile, basically.) I really like this - throw in a little heuristics and the battle AI could become a force to be reckoned with, in an "intelligent" sense, rather than by cheating in any of the numerous ways that game AIs are made "harder" (yes, I'm looking at you, Sins of a Solar Empire! Well, not ONLY you - in particular, many strategy games like to resource-cheat to achieve "harder AI"...)

UniTrader wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:
[EDIT: Sigh... nope, must be hidden in CAT files, or something...])

EGO just published their Cat extracting Tool for everyone today, so its not a hindrance anymore... if it ever was, i think the format of them was one of the first things figured out and extracted by the community. the format is also pretty simple, you just have to look in a cat and dat belonging together to understand it.. (ok, not the ones where the first file is binary goo, but any other will do)

Ah, thanks for the heads-up - I'll go take a look. Smile Of course, removing/replacing specific tracks will involve than just looking inside those CATs, but I suspect that will be covered in that tool.

-
The Write Stuff
UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)

MEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 6. Jan 17, 01:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

you can replace entire files by packing them in a subst_01.cat/dat (similiar to how its done in X3, same path in cat/dat as vanilla file) and put it inside your mod. or you can change the existing xml files with pach xmls which describe the changes done to them. these can either lie as plain file in the mod or be packed in a ext_01.cat/dat

capitalduty

PostPosted: Tue, 10. Jan 17, 23:37    Post subject: I totally agreed with you!! Reply with quote Print

johnhirix wrote:
mr.WHO wrote:
johnhirix wrote:

1. different types of ships should have their uses throughout the entire game.(currently in the late game players seldom keep their M5,M4,M3)

As I know, in X3 you start with usually an M4 or M5, then slowly you amass your credits to change the ship to M3, M3+, M6, M7 then M2 etc, in the late game it can happen that in your fleet there're only M2, M7 and M7Ms, fighters are seldom used because they can be destroyed in a battle quite easily. (whereas capital ships can emergency jump and get unscathed in most situations) Now a true fleet should not be like this, so my suggestion is that maybe fighters should be more cost efficient. With the same amount of credits, a group of fighters should defeat an M7 easily, since fighters have the con of suffering losses after each battle, M7 has the pro to jump out and preserve itself. This way players may involve fighters in their fleets.

Exactly! In X3 fighters were somehow useful, but logistic nightmare.
In X-Rebirth they are whole package (you buy fighter and not the equipment), but their price and more importantly lack of boosters and real carriers limit their use.

Until 4.0 the lack of mass command also kept them from use.

The last thing that make fighters crap is that they fall like flies to anything that has Plasma/JET. Fulmekron and Olmekron (they have in addition to JET also mass HIT/MA and hailstorms turrets) can deal with hundred of fighters alone.

To make fighters useful in X4 we need following things:
- fighters and drones must be cheaper (they are expendable and tend to die in mass)
- proper carriers need to be implemented.
- more anti-capship fighters need to be added and proper bomber script (lob missiles at maximum range and stay away from the target)

That way it would be like that:
Bombers can torp capships to death from distance - in order to protect capship you need to deploy fighter cover that will make short work of enemy bombers. TO have fighter cover to your capships the proper carriers need to me implemented that can ferry and repair fighters.

I totally agree with you, your ideas have more depth than mine!

ZaphodBeeblebrox

PostPosted: Thu, 12. Jan 17, 11:42    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

The hacking of stations should have more guidance.

So you land on a station and select one of the following from the hacking menu

1) Hack Station to reduce production

2) Hack Station to eject wares from storage

3) Hack Station to lower shields

4) Hack Station to disable weapons systems

Some of these may have sub-options to specify which parts of the station will be effected.

Once selected the player is guided to the parts of the station were they can collect any required tools, parts, crafting bits and pieces. Having assembled the hacking widget they are then guided to the appropriate terminal to hack. Players with higher hacking skills should be able to hack the system for longer than inexperienced hackers.

So the more you hack the long the hack is successful for.

Stealing:

Always a staple of siome RPGs make taking items from some boxes stealing and have the guards attack you if you do steal. Or have you locked up, until you pay the fine.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.
RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Thu, 12. Jan 17, 12:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ZaphodBeeblebrox wrote:
Stealing:

Always a staple of siome RPGs make taking items from some boxes stealing and have the guards attack you if you do steal. Or have you locked up, until you pay the fine.

I like this. It always bothers me that there are apparently valuable goods just left lying around, and even if you help yourself in full view of witnesses, no-one bats an eyelid. So, I would certainly like to see boxes in view of NPCs to perhaps be owned by them, with repercussions for trespassing. Boxes in plain sight but without nearby NPCs, in my opinion, ought to very very seldom hold anything of even slight value (let's not forget that we pilots tend to deal in higher amounts of credits - to station and planet dwellers, even single credits are money, if we go by the price of rations and such.) "Hidden" containers (in air ducts and such) could perhaps be left as-is, I suppose. Alternatively, some boxes (guarded, ungarded, hidden or not) could require a hack or something to open them (although, tbh, I am hesitant to add MORE purposes for that annoying click-the-squiggle "minigame".)

-
The Write Stuff
Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 13. Jan 17, 21:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Posting about stealing made me think again about the Jail section in Stations, I mean, it is a proper jail, with cells, guards, guard bunker and dining room. I do not think that you go to so much effort to just create a prop for stations and do not have any gameplay elements related to it.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Fri, 13. Jan 17, 21:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Santi wrote:
... I do not think that you go to so much effort to just create a prop for stations and do not have any gameplay elements related to it.

Apparently "someone" does. Wink

On the other hand, there may have been big plans to do a lot more with the station interiors but there just wasn't enough time available after having to deal with so many bugs/issues. Or maybe Egosoft expected there to be a much more vibrant and active modding community that would take advantage of the many possibilities that were created in the game, i.e., the jails, the crates and cases, the various unused terminals, gaming and otherwise, all scattered about the interiors.

RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Fri, 13. Jan 17, 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Santi wrote:
Posting about stealing made me think again about the Jail section in Stations, I mean, it is a proper jail, with cells, guards, guard bunker and dining room. I do not think that you go to so much effort to just create a prop for stations and do not have any gameplay elements related to it.

Nah, those aren't actual jails, they're penitentiary-themed cafeterias Very Happy

-
The Write Stuff
Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 13. Jan 17, 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

RAVEN.myst wrote:
Santi wrote:

Nah, those aren't actual jails, they're penitentiary-themed cafeterias Very Happy

The ones where instead of writing your name in the cup, they tattoo you name using Roman type in your forearm?

Anyway you can do some sick parkour jumps in them.

RAVEN.myst

PostPosted: Fri, 13. Jan 17, 23:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Santi wrote:
RAVEN.myst wrote:
Santi wrote:

The ones where instead of writing your name in the cup, they tattoo you name using Roman type in your forearm?

Very Happy "I'll have a super-max espresso, please. Put it on my tab."
(Coincidentally, I'm currently watching Starhunter, and the episode on right now involves a prison break...)

Santi wrote:
Anyway you can do some sick parkour jumps in them.

Hahahah! Hmmm, that may be a good way to avoid growing old navigating those gated stairwells...

-
The Write Stuff
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 21, 22, 23  Next