editting saved games

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

John McG
x4

editting saved games

Post by John McG » Sun, 3. Apr 16, 10:43

I used to be able to open a saved game with a program such as Crimson editor to add small cheats to my game. Now I see the saved games have been changed. I can open them with WinRAR which gives me a 'notepad' view, but if I alter anything, for example to give me a few more credits, it seems to change it, but when I save it, then open it to check, nothing has been changed.
Any suggestions please?

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 3. Apr 16, 18:26

Since version 4.0 savegames are compressed in a gzip archive. Therefore you will have to unpack the file first, before you can edit it, and will have to repack it afterwards. Alternatively, you can also disable the savegame compression in the game options.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 3. Apr 16, 18:43

no need to repack it, just remove the compressed save of the same file name or it may be preffered over the edited one ;)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

John McG
x4

Post by John McG » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 12:05

Thanks to everyone, you have been a great help.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”