Some ideas i had to possibly improve the game

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 09:29

We get it you hate DX11 and Windows 10 (i personally like 7) and you have personal issue with it ;) My point is if you can't afford new tech that is your problem and not those who wanted to upgrade. And like i said before i don't have problem using DX9 or DX11. That is not problem with XR on first place... For me DX11 is superior to DX9 and that is my opinion. If you think otherwise that is just your opinion.....

Edit: Dont get me wrong i don't like idea of Microsoft doing that on a first place. Only reason why i got new rig was to play SC. Unfortunately this is how capitalism works and they will try to find any way to milk money out of you :(
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 09:39

Well you know what they say about opinions...

Funny thing is it isn't just my personal feelings or a matter of opinion. It is a FACT that DX11 has split apart more than a few gaming communities, and it's a FACT that there are millions of us out there who are RIGHTLY UPSET about the situation. We are being told we are no longer eligible based on the age of our hardware, just so Microsoft and Nvidia can make more bucks...

Also I don't know what it's like where you live, but in my country all the jobs have been outsourced to India and China. It's not like I can just walk out the door and get a job cleaning toilets, all our country's scientists and engineers have already taken those jobs...
Last edited by Lander1979 on Sat, 2. Apr 16, 09:59, edited 2 times in total.
0101...0011...0011...0101...2!

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 09:48

Well that's something that we can agree on ;) I just hope they don't switch SC to DX12 :lol: I don't play that many different games so i don't have that many problems. Space Engineers and SC are only game that used DX11. Luckily my old PC can support DX11 but SC was way too much for it :( Thats why i had to get new pc and i hope it will be worth it.

Trust me i know i know how it is :( Unfortunately it is easy to forget how hard life can be and how to appreciate things that we have....
Last edited by Nikola515 on Sat, 2. Apr 16, 10:21, edited 1 time in total.
It's not world hunger because we can't feed poor,it's because there will never be enough to feed the rich .....

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Sat, 2. Apr 16, 10:12

Nikola515 wrote: I just hope they don't switch SC to DX12 :lol:
If the current situation is anything to go by you can count on it happening. I'd place a wager on it...

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Sun, 3. Apr 16, 23:29

apparently they chose to use DX9, so be it, its what they got and what they will have to work with..

ok, there is indeed a flickering lighting problem on the bridge mod, but a massive amount of ppl have downloaded it and are using it in their games as we speak, so they must have overcome the problem somehow (read: they can see it but they chose to use it anyway).. So Egosoft, i dont know why you shouldnt create some ship bridges.. i mean the lighting problem hasnt stopped you from creating station interiors and i dont see a lot of complaints about those, right..? please, reconsidder this decision to not make bridges, or whole ship interiors for that matter, players want them.. eventho they might not look perfect, ppl will like them.. a lot..

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 05:01

I don't think they are going to do anything in this game about it.... It is probably going to be included in next game they are building right now. All though XR got much better with HoL DLC it got a lots of bad publicity with bad start. There is no point adding all this to XR because of hand full of people (not many people are interested in XR anymore). Best thing would be for them to do this with next game. Personally I would love to see that too but I don't think it would be profitable for them. If I was them I would balance economy and improve AI because pretty lights can get game only so far. Also they should add new small features (like what they did with crafting or weapon mods ) to see how would work in next game. For example they have features like hacking or boarding but they are not balanced and not really refined. People usually ignore them because they are not rewarding or just annoying.
This is some of examples:

Hacking Stations/Ships.

There is not much reward to this because they don't have much effect on gameplay and player. Here is some reasons why I think they are useless....

1) Sabotage stations is only 1h (not 100% sure but it is short) . This wont make dent in game economy especially when it takes you 30m to find all components to build hack key assuming you already have Xenon components. Disable stations for 6 to 10h would be more reasonable.... If you have station that produce something and you want it to sell more it would be fun if you could disable NPC Stations so you could have monopoly for short amount of time.

2) You need to disable almost wholes stations and security just to steal small amount of items... This wouldn't be bad if it didn't take you long time to find all hacking components or timer is way too short for AI to take stuff and make escape. It just easier and faster to do defend station mission and just buy stuff .

3) Using drones to hack or scan stations is jut boring....

This is just about hacking.... Also drones should be big thing in XR but do to price and AI not many people are using them. I personally use them to give me more firepower in OOZ. Drones for skunk are way too expensive and week to use. In zone AI is horrible.....

So my point is if they improve features what they already have it would be much better than adding new things in game (just my opinion)

Anubitus
x4

Post by Anubitus » Mon, 4. Apr 16, 13:10

Hmm.. Well, if that is indeed the case pls give ppl the propper means to do it themselves then.. I for one would be interested in creating interiors for ships if i could learn how to do it.. Right now it seems pretty hard to do it..

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 16:24

The most obvious thing to improve the game after playing for any period of time, for me at least, is to hire a voice actor for Yisha. Hearing her read her lines is painful, especially since she has so many. It is obvious that she is not remotely used to acting.

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 16:33

One other thing that is very annoying, is that there is no quick way to cancel an action quickly while you are in the radial menu. If you get attacked while you are looking at missions, you have to wait until the person stops talking before you can even do anything. By then your shield are gone, and you can't boost away.

I am also not a fan about the poor ui for controlling your ships. It takes a dozen options to have your ships do anything, and you can only adjust them one at a time. It takes forever and makes commanding a fleet in battle untenable.

Lander1979
x4

Post by Lander1979 » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 17:08

martimus wrote:Yisha.
You just insulted a famous actress. Yisha's voice is "Anna-Sophia Lumpe" , Google it.

Nikola515
x4

Post by Nikola515 » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 18:17

martimus wrote:The most obvious thing to improve the game after playing for any period of time, for me at least, is to hire a voice actor for Yisha. Hearing her read her lines is painful, especially since she has so many. It is obvious that she is not remotely used to acting.
I don't think it is acting as much as how bad acting script is written. Who on Earth would talk like that ;) Anyway i think they need someone who can write text....

martimus
x4

Post by martimus » Tue, 5. Apr 16, 20:36

Lander1979 wrote:
martimus wrote:Yisha.
You just insulted a famous actress. Yisha's voice is "Anna-Sophia Lumpe" , Google it.
If that is true, why is she so awful? The inflection she uses, and strange starts and stops during every line makes it seem like she doesn't know what she was doing.

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 07:24

Its probably an artifact of how the line of dialogue was created.

I used to work for a small telecoms company that produced answering systems.

Each individual digit was a file, to speak a telephone number you played the digit files in the correct sequence.

It may well be that some of the dialogue has been produced by splicing together multiple files.

I have certainly noticed this in other big budget titles, some have made me smile because the effects applied to the recording in post processing have been very different and very noticeable.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

BigBANGtheory
x4

Post by BigBANGtheory » Wed, 6. Apr 16, 15:55

martimus wrote: I am also not a fan about the poor ui for controlling your ships. It takes a dozen options to have your ships do anything, and you can only adjust them one at a time. It takes forever and makes commanding a fleet in battle untenable.
I logged this in the L3+ Devnet Ideas forum its a long standing issue with X series, I personally wouldn't expect it to be solved in XR but Egosoft has been more open to change than ever before so its worth supporting.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”