EnglishGermanFrenchRussianPolishItalianSpanish

[X3LU] Anarkis Defense System - Joubarbian Edition (1.03b)
View previous topic :: View next topic
apL

PostPosted: Sat, 8. Jul 17, 22:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Forgive me if I'm being stupid...

I bought my first carrier (griffin) in LU but I'm struggling to adapt to it/use the commands properly, so I installed this and the menu is fantastic - a lot of very useful (repair bay...) tools/commands. But I only seem to be able to see Carriers that I am not currently in? So is there no way to be able to use ADS for my own Griffin whilst I am flying it? As the commands seem much more straight forward and simple than using the Carrier Command system in the player console. Not to mention I have to keep changing ships to use the repair bay Sad

Joubarbe

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 9. Jul 17, 20:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ADS is about automation and some internal commands would be incompatible/weird if applied to the player ship. ADS is huge and I really don't want to make two versions: one for the player ship, another one for his other ships; the major feature of ADS being the Automated mode.

apL

PostPosted: Sun, 9. Jul 17, 21:36    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

No problem, I would never ask you to make anything specific ^^ just trying to understand the limitations and uses.

So ultimately, if I ever want to repair my own fighters, I should dock it and then jump in another ship, then open ADS and use the repair bay?

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Sun, 9. Jul 17, 22:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Repair bay is a convenience. A little bit cheaty. Prior to that, you had to go to your Sanctuary to repair your ships.

Do as you wish Smile

apL

PostPosted: Mon, 10. Jul 17, 04:09    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I want to ask "Its possible to repair the ships without undocking them, when your carrier is at your HQ?" - but I will not yet, until I am able to afford both a HQ and a carrier in my save to test it first myself xD

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Mon, 10. Jul 17, 09:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It will be possible in Mayhem 2.1.0 Sanctuaries, but not in vanilla HQs.

Hector0x

PostPosted: Fri, 11. Aug 17, 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I've got a question for you ADS/Mayhem users. After 37h into Mayhem i now have a frequent desire to target stations with my carrier wings. And their homebase carriers are managed with ADS.

How do you guys usually issue an attack order against stations?
- the automated mode only reacts to ships.
- there is a manual command "clear sector". But that also seem to ignore stations
- carrier command software (attack my target) or manual commands to all docked ships don't work on ADS managed fighters

So the only solution i found was disabling ADS for all docked ships, then issue the manual attack order for all docked ships of the carrier. After the strike a manual ADS retreat order gets them back in the carrier and i can hit ADS "activate all docked ships" again. But i also have to switch the carrier from manual to automated because i used the retreat order beforehand.

All this is a bit tedious. Am i missing something? Is there an easier way with less clicks? If not, maybe an additional manual ADS command like "invade sector" (attacking everything, closest first) or "attack" (a specific ship or station) could help here.

I'm using M7 carriers so it would definitely be worse with TM's.

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Fri, 11. Aug 17, 23:02    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'll look into it. I think that Clear sector should also affect stations.

EDIT: see this post.

Sinnerman49

PostPosted: Sat, 26. Aug 17, 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Maybe Im dense, but can someone walk me through a defense grid setup?

I added an M6 to my home sector defense grid, defense grid is on (though if I toggle this, it gives me an error that "Reset Mode Activated".....)

The automatic name changing never does anything with the M6 I've added to the grid, and when I spawn a pirate in the system, the M6 does nothing.

Am I missing an "ENABLE" function? I've got the sector set to be monitored in the grid....

The M6 shows "Member" but does nothing.