EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish
Log inRegister
 
Trump
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 364, 365, 366  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
Author Message
mrbadger





Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 5655 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 08:18    Post subject: Trump Reply with quote Print

What on earth is going on here?

How is it that Trump, a pathalogical lier who is clearly channeling Hitler can be allowed to be the front runner for the Republicans?

He's getting his followers to do Nazi salutes, encouraging violence at political rallies of his opponants (while denying he is responsible for violence at his own), and claiming he will force Muslims to be on a register. Then there's the wall thing, which is now looking like a moderate aspect of his campaign...

So, what? How is this guy even in the running for leading the Republicans? Why hasn't he been kicked out to be an independant?


_________________
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RegisterMe



MEDAL

Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Posts: 714 on topic
Location: London, UK
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 10:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Because, unfortunately, many in the US electorate are extremely angry with the Democrats, traditional Republicans, and politicians in general.


_________________
Gavrushka wrote:
The problem with 'freedom of speech' is it makes wackos think they have something of value to say.

*WE WANT THE amtct BACK*


Rapier's search
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrbadger





Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 5655 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

so they want to re-create Pre-WW2 Germany?

I suspect that this isn't what they want exactly, to vote in a dictator (and that is what he would be) but neither did Germany I beleive.


_________________
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
berth



MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Joined: 06 Nov 2004
Posts: 614 on topic
Location: rhubarb rhubarb
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 10:44    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Well, IF he gets the nomination (which seems likely) then I think there are two possible explanations:

1) USA sleepwalking into extreme insularity/protectionism/insanity.

2) A cunning Democrat plot to ensure Hillary finally gets her chance.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
muppetts





Joined: 10 Oct 2003
Posts: 573 on topic
Location: Netherlands
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 11:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

To start with you are repeating the same mistakes the media are and forgetting rule 1 with Trolls, you don't feed em. He does not make his supporter do Nazi salutes and that is classic media manipulation for the mass's. They do a made up oath of allegiance but framing everything this guy does in a serious light is exactly the problem. He is not a supporter of Hitler and he is not the problem, the electorate are.

Trump supports one thing, Trump. He will do and say anything that people want to hear and since the majority of the GOP are white, right wing, xenophobic, closet racists, that's what you get. You don't seriously think he gives a stuff about what he says, he has no actual belief system beyond himself. He is at the center of a perfect storm which has lead him to where he is now.

PS the electorate are not pissed off with the Dems, the majority (who will vote the dems back in again) are very happy with Obama. You are talking about Republicans, who are angry at everyone because they lost to a Black guy and because the USA is a deeply racist and paranoid country Smile


_________________
VURT The only Feathers to Fly With......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mrbadger





Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 5655 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 11:29    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I don't think Trump thinks he is, or is trying to emulate Hitler.

Thing is, he is, as you say, an egotist flying high on discontent of the masses. If he gets power he'll do *anything* he can to keep it (tiger by the tail and all that). He may get there by default.

The establishment won't like him, will try to block everything he does, so it'll be his browncoats that get him what he wants, and what they want (probably more the latter).

When reason fails, violence often follows.


_________________
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chips





Joined: 19 Mar 2004
Posts: 771 on topic
Location: UK
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

What's this Nazi salute business? Not heard anything about it. Any links as it sounds like cobblers.

Shouldn't need to exaggerate or fabricate. Just need to de-construct his garbage with evidence and facts.


_________________
Guides, Help and Walkthroughs
X3 Reunion tutorial - Starter controls and Mission 1 & 2 Walkthrough
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
mrbadger





Joined: 28 Oct 2005
Posts: 5655 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

well he didn't call it that, but linky


_________________
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. ... Niccolò Machiavelli
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Morkonan





Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Posts: 1602 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 14:44    Post subject: Re: Trump Reply with quote Print

mrbadger wrote:
What on earth is going on here?

How is it that Trump, a pathalogical lier who is clearly channeling Hitler can be allowed to be the front runner for the Republicans?

He's getting his followers to do Nazi salutes, encouraging violence at political rallies of his opponants (while denying he is responsible for violence at his own), and claiming he will force Muslims to be on a register. Then there's the wall thing, which is now looking like a moderate aspect of his campaign...

So, what? How is this guy even in the running for leading the Republicans? Why hasn't he been kicked out to be an independant?


Never underestimate the capacity of human beings to be stoopid.

I agree that it's ridiculous. Trump seems like the moral equivalent of The Antichrist... Nothing but demonstrable ignorance seems to come out of his mouth, but people are lapping it up and praising it as wisdom.

If he gets elected as President, I am very seriously considering moving to Canada. I like Canadians and it's pretty, up there. Plus, I don't have to learn another language, depending upon where I settled.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Antilogic





Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Posts: 590 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Cruz is worse.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
berth



MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Joined: 06 Nov 2004
Posts: 614 on topic
Location: rhubarb rhubarb
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

mrbadger wrote:
well he didn't call it that, but linky


I really don't think that's "getting supporters to do Nazi salutes".

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Antilogic





Joined: 06 Apr 2005
Posts: 590 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 14:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

berth wrote:
mrbadger wrote:
well he didn't call it that, but linky


I really don't think that's "getting supporters to do Nazi salutes".


It's really not. There's a lot of overreaction in this thread and in general.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Avis





Joined: 06 Nov 2002
Posts: 1214 on topic
Location: The Empire
Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Antilogic wrote:
berth wrote:
mrbadger wrote:
well he didn't call it that, but linky


I really don't think that's "getting supporters to do Nazi salutes".


It's really not. There's a lot of overreaction in this thread and in general.


Chips saved me having to reply to original claim

Chips wrote:
..
Shouldn't need to exaggerate or fabricate. Just need to de-construct his garbage with evidence and facts.


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT



Joined: 29 Apr 2003
Posts: 35807 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 15:02    Post subject: Re: Trump Reply with quote Print

Morkonan wrote:
If he gets elected as President, I am very seriously considering moving to Canada.

Are you aware of the Bricking It for Canada campaign? Wink

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Morkonan





Joined: 25 Sep 2011
Posts: 1602 on topic

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Mon, 14. Mar 16, 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Antilogic wrote:
berth wrote:
mrbadger wrote:
well he didn't call it that, but linky


I really don't think that's "getting supporters to do Nazi salutes".


It's really not. There's a lot of overreaction in this thread and in general.


While I might agree, in theory, I have to say that I think the reason Trump called for this is pretty clear.

Not long ago, Trump boasted that he could "...stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters..” 1.

I think he asked the crowd to "swear" a vow to vote for him for two reasons. The first is to send a message to the Republican party that he truly controls his entire fanbase and they're not going to switch boats in midstream, so-to-speak. The second reason is simple - He did it for the lulz, just to see how far he could actually push his... "cult of personality" into emulating the fans of another, well-known, leader. In my opinion, that fits well within his general personality - His ego needed feeding, that day.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 364, 365, 366  Next
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum
Control Panel
Login Data
The time now is Tue, 19. Jun 18, 08:12

All times are GMT + 2 Hours

[ Disclaimer / Impressum ] | [ Privacy Policy / Datenschutz ]

Board Security

Copyright © EGOSOFT 1989-2018
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Template created by Avatar & BurnIt!
Debug: page generation = 0.10577 seconds, sql queries = 29