Trump

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 04:35

This throwing our country under the bus in favor of Putin is possibly an act of treason, but no worries.
Just as with the latest school shooting, this will all soon be forgotten in the blur between now and the next outrage.
We have a Supreme Court position to fill, mid-term elections, and whatever else Trump may cook up on the side to stir the blur.

Grim Lock
x4

Post by Grim Lock » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 10:38

Well it's also not good news for the relatives of those who perished when MH17 got shot down. So again he has no trouble screwing shit up for what are supposed to be his allies, just to kiss butt with dictators who he should be condemning, the behaviour at the nato summit and the behaviour with putin should have been reversed. But obviously he gets a long with and likes better the people who are like minded.
Megatron: "You don't scare me, you mechanical throwbacks!"
GrimLock: "Good Megatron, we love stupid enemies"

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 11:07

- follow the money..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySZvUCFR4tk

a president breaks the oath of office..?
a huge tax swindle is perpetrated on the US electorate?
gun rights activists place the 2nd Amendment above their allegiance to the flag..?
international election fraud, money-laundering, corruption on a monumental scale..?
high crimes and misdemeanours..?
he should be placed under house arrest..?
- treason is afoot..??

- strange days indeed.. :o :o
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 11:54

Some light Trump related relief.
https://twitter.com/SamuraiKnitter/stat ... 6037352449

This Twitter thread in which careful analysis of the Queen choice of brooches suggests she may have been using them to throw shade at Mr Trump.
There's also a broader commentary of the Queen's rich history of using jewellery choice to make a point, and of Princess Michael of Kent doing the same to be racist.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 14:25

@ Bishop149

I got the message the feed has been blocked :?
Next tries I get the message "Feed taking too long to load" :?

As I've never gotten either message before even on DJT's feed
I'm having a WTF moment.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 14:36

It's working fine for me.
I can't breathe.

- George Floyd, 25th May 2020

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 17:08

A clear summary of Mueller's indictment of Russian officials including the hacking allegations and how it was carried out:

https://www.lawfareblog.com/russia-indi ... indictment

It's pretty interesting stuff, including a mistake one of the Russian officers made while creating a phishing link. Specifically, they were logged in to their own account which was then connected to the link created and that enabled investigators to connect that account to many other phishing links that had been created by it. Law enforcement never catches the smart ones...

edit: fix't link
Last edited by Morkonan on Tue, 17. Jul 18, 18:10, edited 1 time in total.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 18:00

Madeleine Albright has some level-headed advice..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d0xJ0m3-x0
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 18:30

A quote from the link that Morkonan provided above - "Put less delicately: Rosenstein has informed the president, and the world, before Trump talks to Putin one-on-one that his own Justice Department is prepared to prove beyond a reasonable doubt, in public, using admissible evidence, that the president of the Russian Federation has been lying to Trump about Russian non-involvement in the 2016 election hacking".

And then what do we see President Trump say following his meeting with Putin in Helsinki?

"President Putin says it's not Russia. I don't see any reason why it would be".

The whole world goes "huh".

Putin goes "lol".
I can't breathe.

RegisterMe
x4

Post by RegisterMe » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 19:32

I can't breathe.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 21:17

Trump is in front of the media right now:

He's telling the media to redact his comment stated at the press conference with Puntin. Doing a 180° on statements in some Orwellian attemp to not mean what he meant and unsay what he said.

(eg: One his statement about election tampering when he plainly stated "I don't see any reason why it would ..." He says "I should have said said I don't see why it wouldn't...)

And other plainly and attempt at damage control that even Fox News isn't buying.

So when he can't lie because it's on record then it's attempt to redact the record.

I say he just made it worse for himself. Again he states he accepts thee conclusions of his intelligence community then moments later doubles down on "Russia didn't do it." And chanted his "No collusion" mantra.

Only now with the Republican leadership decrying him Trump is going to have to either appease the party or pull the rug out from under them. Your guess is as good as mine.
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 22:13

Also one of the things he has said was that the summit with Putin was a better summit than the one he had with the NATO members, which isn't exactly the best thing to say in the current dilemma he finds himself in, it's like pouring petrol/gas over a fire to try and put it out.

The way I see it, Trumps biggest problem is himself. He is AS dumb as they come, doesn't read anything that is given to him, while not be able to listen and digest anything that is being said to him.

Listening to him rant on yesterday about the Clinton email server I came to the conclusion, he has no idea what an email server is. This is something he should have checked up on many, many moons ago. I think that because it uses the word server, he thinks it is a person like a waiter who serves things, in the case of Clinton that would be emails. In other words I think he thinks the Clinton email server was a person that was getting all of Clinton's email and serving them up for her. I say this as one of the things he said yesterday was, where is the server and what does the server have to say, the server doesn't say anything as it is a computer.

There is also the point that Trump does not even know how to use a computer and very rarely uses email, so it is no surprise that he doesn't know what an email server is. But if you are going to repeatedly refer to something, at least find out what it is you are talking about.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 22:18

Hank001 wrote:...Only now with the Republican leadership decrying him Trump is going to have to either appease the party or pull the rug out from under them. Your guess is as good as mine.
The thing is, they're just not doing it enough. Even Rand Paul, who's status as a declared "Republican" is laughable, jumped on Trump's imaginary bandwagon, yesterday, stating his agreement with Trump doubting the legitimacy of the investigation/statements made by federal agencies concerning Russian involvement. Even Rand Paul? YGBFKM :) (Of course, his push was more regarding surveillance and the Patriot Act, CIA, FBI, and I just got my post flagged by the NSA, etc...:) )

So far, a lot of the traditional Republican talking heads are adding "but" to everything, then pushing on with "look what Hillary did" and "aliens ate my Christmas Presents" and other equally distracting commentary not related to the subject at hand.

What's it going to take before these people can look into a camera and say "Yeah, OK, Trump is inept, at best, and corrupt, at the worst."

We'll see. The next indictments from Muller should be focused on American citizens allegedly involved in all this stuff. (Either that or he'll turn to "teh internetz" (websites, bank transactions evidence, etc) and hold off on US indictments until later. But, how much later can he stall on that?)

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 22:39

@ felter

Why Trump said today that he left the other NATO leaders were feeling Terrific about him! :? Yeah that's what I said.

@ Mojrkonan

Yeah and Rand Paul was the ONLY top Republican Trump could find... Seems Trump was hunting up a spokesman the second he got to Air Force One. I heard the conversation with Mitch McConnel got interesting. Trump wasn't a happy camper. I was busy with press releases, but when McCain's release hit the wires it was pandemonium. Both the Republican leadership of the House and Senate have denounced Trump's denial of the intelligence reports and now the GOP's legal staff is seeing if they can supena Trump's transater to testify in hearing about what happened at the closed door meeting with Putin. :D. Yeah it's getting that deep.
Frankly I'm glad I stayed home today. :)
MIND THE GAP

felter
xr

Post by felter » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 23:13

So I finished reading that report (more than Trump ever did) and all I can say, LOL those pesky Russians. They most certainly were not experienced hackers, I would say their knowledge on the subject was at the level of script kiddies. I really enjoyed the part that they used CCleaner to cover their tracks (even typing it made me giggle).

I can actually see it making it onto the big screen, but I don't know if it would be a drama or a comedy.
Florida Man Makes Announcement.
We live in a crazy world where winter heating has become a luxury item.

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 23:23

felter wonders:
I can actually see it making it onto the big screen, but I don't know if it would be a drama or a comedy.
Into fade
Scene: Unnamed golag in Siberia. Snow is blowing hard enough to obscrure all except the foreground until from the background appears walking to foreground a line on chained prisoners guarded my a few uniformed figures with weapons at ready....

(High drama is my vote at least for the bumbling hackers)
MIND THE GAP

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 23:47

Mightysword wrote:I focus on the things that create that platform to begin with.
You mean such as having a black (actually half-breed) President? Are you saying Trump supporters would crawl back into the swamp from whence they came and join their alligator friends, If we had a constitutional amendment banning blacks from the White house?

Probably that wouldn't be enough on its own. According to those you've aligned yourself with, we also need to prevent women from having an alternative to back-alley abortions, turn National Parks into mining wastelands, solve the violence epidemic with more guns and other 'cleansing' measures.

This platform of which you speak and that you proclaim is not understood, is in fact very well understood. Hillary called this platform a basket of deplorable's. Your thin veneer of intellectual reason, doesn't hide your clear allegiance.
Last edited by Observe on Wed, 18. Jul 18, 00:07, edited 2 times in total.

red assassin
x3

Post by red assassin » Tue, 17. Jul 18, 23:50

felter wrote:So I finished reading that report (more than Trump ever did) and all I can say, LOL those pesky Russians. They most certainly were not experienced hackers, I would say their knowledge on the subject was at the level of script kiddies. I really enjoyed the part that they used CCleaner to cover their tracks (even typing it made me giggle).

You mock, and yet they've delivered literally everything they set out to do. The infosec community has this weird collective obsession with how clever things are, and yet all that really matters is results. APT28's "script kiddies" have successfully broken into targets left right and centre and stirred a monumental volume of international s***, and thus far faced no meaningful consequences.
A still more glorious dawn awaits, not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise, a morning filled with 400 billion suns - the rising of the Milky Way

Bishop149
x3

Post by Bishop149 » Wed, 18. Jul 18, 00:07

Hank001 wrote:Trump is in front of the media right now:

He's telling the media to redact his comment stated at the press conference with Puntin. Doing a 180° on statements in some Orwellian attemp to not mean what he meant and unsay what he said.

(eg: One his statement about election tampering when he plainly stated "I don't see any reason why it would ..." He says "I should have said said I don't see why it wouldn't...)

And other plainly and attempt at damage control that even Fox News isn't buying.

So when he can't lie because it's on record then it's attempt to redact the record.
Absolutely incredible, does he actually believe ANYONE is going to fall for this BS. Rarely have I seen anything quite as pathetic and sniveling as this video, the man has all the backbone of jellyfish. Even more disgusted than normal by this useless excuse for a human being.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsjrEu4Vrw0

He pulled something very similar on his recent trip to the UK, within hours of his giving the interview to the Sun in which they VIDEOED HIM saying that he didn't approve of our PMs current Brexit plan and that it would jeopardise any future trade deal with the US he was denouncing the interview HE GAVE ON CAMERA as "fake news".
We literally have the tapes you utter moron.
I'm starting to think the man is actually deranged, he might seriously believe that he can rewrite reality to match whatever is going in his head at any given moment.
"Shoot for the Moon. If you miss, you'll end up co-orbiting the Sun alongside Earth, living out your days alone in the void within sight of the lush, welcoming home you left behind." - XKCD

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 18. Jul 18, 00:18

Bishop149 wrote:Absolutely incredible, does he actually believe ANYONE is going to fall for this BS. Rarely have I seen anything quite as pathetic and sniveling as this video, the man has all the backbone of jellyfish. Even more disgusted than normal by this useless excuse for a human being.
Earlier I was going to quote his back-peddling statement, but I was amazed how hard it is to quote words that make no sense.
Trump wrote:I don't see any reason why I wouldn't' or 'why it wouldn't be Russia'. Sort of a double negative.

I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place. Could be other people also. A lot of people out there.
He seemed very proud of his use of the term 'double negative'. Probably he heard it being used somewhere. When he said 'probably a lot of people out there', he meant Obama of course. :roll:

Return to “Off Topic English”