Battlefront game, devs might be interested

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Mr. Personal
x4

Battlefront game, devs might be interested

Post by Mr. Personal » Tue, 23. Feb 16, 19:26

Observe the "player" behavior for a while in any multiplayer mode.
Not sure if this behavior is only on Xone version, but I am sure devs are interested.
Cryptarch also would like to have a word with you if you got the patience.
"it doesn't matter what is the truth, but what people believe is a true" -Unknown Dictator

"Good Artists Copy; Great Artists Steal" -Picasso

Planning how to plan.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 26. Feb 16, 12:48

Added explanation below sent by PM and also removed previous posts of misunderstanding.
Mr Personal wrote:I had to check how DICE's design decision makes the observer/player not to pay attention to the hidden multiplayer difficulty.
DICE cleverly defined in the A.I mode how bots behave by giving them some extra unique moves.

The way players understand the term "Multiplayer" nicely deceives by promising only a human opponents and by now you probably know where I am getting at. In X1 version of the Battlefront 40-90% of a "players" are bots.

Back in release of Battlefront, most game sessions were average 50% full. In January there were a quite "odd" bug relating to a name boxes on top of a players. The name boxes were missing from majority of players and the players who were missing their name boxes were behaving a quite amusing way; They were manning every misplaced turrets and when so the called players were using their turrets, the turrets always aimed from 10degree angle away from the target and closing the cap within 1-2 second time frame.

Top of that suddenly all sessions were always full and there were always room for one new player.

In my opinion that's a really great way of using "better than someone else" method. It would be a quite bad idea to spread this creative idea in public. Does my post make a sense now?
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 03:51

I'm not quite sure what this thread is about.

However, I've played Battlefront E.A. for long enough to now be max level.... I'm not proud of it. What can I say? I was bored, it was there, it was pretty...

The only "bots" in Battlefront E.A. are in the single-player modes and in the Fighter Squadron mode. There are no "team-based" bots in the other multiplayer modes.

E.A. Dice have had huge issues with server/region connectivity, account authentication delays, game matching, servers being lost by the game and other similar issues. I have seen all sorts of match-related problems, from almost entire teams getting disconnected, lag effects, dsync issues to the mysterious "one slot left open" issue. These are simple matchmaking related issues and network technical problems.

I'm not making excuses for E.A. or DICE. Battlefront E.A. sucks. But, it's pretty and a guy gets lonely, ya know? ;)

Return to “Off Topic English”