General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BurnIt!
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

NEWS: X-Universe Wiki

Post by BurnIt! » Wed, 27. Jan 16, 14:24

Egosoft is pleased to announce the release of its official Wiki system, where you can read and even contribute content regarding the latest X-Universe games.

Head over to the Wiki now to see what's there already.

[ external image ]

http://wiki.egosoft.com

-Skipp-
x4

Post by -Skipp- » Thu, 28. Jan 16, 14:56

Just a quick tip - get rid of the port in the URL :wink:

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 28. Jan 16, 16:43

sysryn wrote:Just a quick tip - get rid of the port in the URL :wink:
Or add a Redirect in the main virtualhost (requires mod_alias):
RedirectMatch ^/confluence/(.*) https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence/$1

Or even better reverse proxying for transparent goodness.

ProxyPass /confluence/ http://internalip:8292/confuence/
ProxyPassReverse /confluence/ http://internalip:8292/confluence/
ProxyPassReverse ..."add backend internal redirects as needed"

:lol:

Bluemmanuel

Post by Bluemmanuel » Thu, 28. Jan 16, 17:14

Great job. Now all the information of ships was looking at a wiki.

One question: When do they will put the expansion? I buy the game on a single base combo + expansions and is not displayed :cry:

vadiolive
x4

Post by vadiolive » Thu, 28. Jan 16, 22:04

Well i like efforts , but i find this wiki(soft) bit not usefull (i can blame mediawiki for this) its bit hursh to find things

its can work to internal things , but not to overall public

beside all this , interresing egosoft feed wiki with info
not only customers

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 00:26

Bluemmanuel wrote:One question: When do they will put the expansion? I buy the game on a single base combo + expansions and is not displayed :cry:
Expansion (presumably you mean DLC) info will be added when the DLC is released. There's no point in adding it now as features are yet to be confirmed/balanced, leading to constant edits
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Fri, 29. Jan 16, 08:59

vadiolive wrote:Well i like efforts , but i find this wiki(soft) bit not usefull (i can blame mediawiki for this) its bit hursh to find things
Would you please elaborate on this! Is your feedback about the features to edit and create articles or rather about the written articles within the wiki instead?
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

voidofone
x4

my thoughts

Post by voidofone » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 05:46

Hello,

I think this was a good idea and really appreciate a wiki.
I also think that confluence was a good smooth functioning and well integrated choice.

As a customer, thank you for this opportunity - wikis in general are really helpful for digging for accurate information. Forums are designed to bury content (unless stickied). Egosoft has a really awesome community and I am excited to see the wiki contributions.

Side note but I am sure is covered,
Do you guys (egosoft) have methods in place to prevent abuse or misuse of this wki content in it's non-login form?
Just trying to help and think ahead 8)

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Mon, 1. Feb 16, 12:06

Couple of wiki updates from the weekend:

ubuntufreakdragon wrote a nice guide for making separate profiles for different groups of mods for different play-through. Requires some background knowledge but a neat idea (EN and DE).

The Gameplay guides section is hopefully a little easier to use now. Changes made were largely driven by the nice increase in the number of guides. The hierarchy is now, hopefully, easier to find thinks within by making child pages fewer and deeper. The list of 'guides elsewhere on the web' was quite long and clumped together, rather than grouped by type or with similar types of guides on the wiki. That list was split and merged into related child pages. Lastly, the location where the 'guides elsewhere on the web' was (Gameplay guides page) was replaced with "Other substantial guides to Rebirth" to help users of the wiki be aware of other places too.
Last edited by Sparky Sparkycorp on Tue, 2. Feb 16, 12:25, edited 3 times in total.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Tue, 2. Feb 16, 20:42

I've removed all the mostly irrelevant and off topic posts about Roguey's site. Now back to the subject of the Wiki.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

StoneLegionYT
x4

Post by StoneLegionYT » Tue, 2. Feb 16, 22:11

This topic open to criticism?

If so that is not a wiki. It's some busted up script of a site.

Not only that but normally the person who sets up the wiki has to setup some basic rules, and layout but also included some sort of formatting guideline.

I'm sorry but I suggest using something like media wiki but if the devs don't have the time or talent to setup the base wiki properly I suggest waiting or looking for a community member to do it instead.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Wed, 3. Feb 16, 00:35

Kane Hart wrote:This topic open to criticism?
Constructive criticism? Yes please, but we should make use of the Wiki - support thread as it isn't on-topic for this thread. I've replied to your points there in a post here.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 27. Feb 16, 00:02

Hi there,

New patch! New questions! New confusions! Yes, it's that happy time again, Update Weekend.

If you're here, you're already in the right forum to share low-spoiler experiences and views.

It's quite a big patch but as you may have seen in today's X-Universe News, Egosoft have produced a couple of videos to introduce the kinds of changes you can expect.

In addition to that, there's also a guide to the main features of the 4.0 update and HoL DLC on the wiki and on Steam that was put together by players and Egosoft to provide a bit more info, with a few links to supporting guides on the wiki.

If you have any questions or feedback on the extent or type wiki/Steam content, feel free to post that here. Otherwise, threads in the wider forums would be ideal for general discussion of things the features themselves.

Regards,
Sparky

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”