[AP]obtaining NPC stations and disappearing transporters

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

fireanddream
xr

[AP]obtaining NPC stations and disappearing transporters

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 25. Jan 16, 14:01

Someone mentioned earlier that blowing up a NPC station, waiting for a TL carrying that station and boarding the TL can be a way to gain access to NPC stations. I noticed a solar power plant I built for a mission used crystal as a primary resource, in other words it stayed as a player version solar power plant rather than the NPC version, which produced Ecells from thin air. So, couple of followup questions:

Will special stations, like goner temple, headquarters and shipyards respawn out of thin air or will a TL carry them?

Will I get a NPC version solar power plant?

So I wanted to find a deadend sector, blow everything up and set a couple of satellites network, go seta-ing and come back if a TL appears. The Moon was my choice but funny enough I found an aldrin freight transporter (springblossom) heading toward Earth. Out of curiosity I followed, but it disappeared near the Torus. It was really bizzare, like rebirth's fake traffic bizzare. I really didn't expect traffic except maybe RRF and occasional patrols after blowing up every station in The Moon, but that aldrin transporter just put serious doubt to my plan...

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Mon, 25. Jan 16, 18:00

fireanddream wrote:Will special stations, like goner temple, headquarters and shipyards respawn out of thin air or will a TL carry them?
The former.
fireanddream wrote:Will I get a NPC version solar power plant?
No, you won't. See also [FAQ] Are player factories the same as NPC factories? and [FAQ] What is the difference between primary resources and secondary resources?.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Ship Routes

Post by Bill Huntington » Mon, 25. Jan 16, 23:48

Many NPC and pirate ships you see in the game are on a route. It begins somewhere by popping into existence. Then it carries out its route or exists for its life span, whichever. It could be mapped if someone was so inclined. I notice it more with pirates because sometimes I have to back track to their base. So a route completes and probably after a delay, another similar ship pops into existence and does the same route again. I'm not sure about the life of traders since they go where the deal is. I expect that every ship that gets destroyed is replaced, probably after a certain delay.

A note: not every destroyed station will be rebuilt. Some optional ones depend on sector traffic to justify being rebuilt.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”