Yaki advice, among other things!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Grail89
x3ap

Yaki advice, among other things!

Post by Grail89 » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 19:42

Hi all,

this is my first serious play through of this game (X3AP), ive just messed around a bit before, but now have caught the bug and cant stop playing!

So ive been friendly with the Yaki and want to help maintain their factories in weavers tempest. Ive bought a Wheat farm L with the intention of supplying the distilleries there and then selling their products to the IBL forges.

My idea was to use a logistician CLS guy to jump in the fuel for everyone from Akeelas Bacon as they always seem full and under used, but i cant see the option in his waypoints to make him do this.

Ive read (lots and lots, but it never seems to stick) some tutorials that says he needs to be a logistician to use a jump drive. Whats the process to get him to load up and then fill up my wheat farm and every other factory in weavers tempest with cells? Or is that too much to ask of him?

Obviously i want to make my own power eventually down there, but it all seems a bit daunting with SPP's needing crystals, crystals needing food and wafters etc

Am i right in starting with wheat? And what would be your logical progression next?

Also some more questions whilst im here if you'll be so kind :)

Do the yaki offer station building missions? I'd like to populate their sectors with other stations if possible.

And finally (for now :) ) I helped build an independant station in Neopolis Memorial with the same intention of populating the pirate coridoor. It was a scruffin farm, seemingly harmless. Then some argon dude in a bomber comes and blows it up!
So are all independant stations likely to be destroyed eventually?

I also have a weird patrol mission in Hatikvah's Fate that wont end, it was offered by a split guy, but no enemies showed up, im hostile to the Paranid so it started tagging their ships, now i cant get it to progress as they always keep coming :/

Sorry for so many questions in one thread, I hope thats ok!

Thanks for any advice!

Grail

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 20:14

If you want a ship to simply supply your own factory it may be easier to just use CAG. It's less involved and you don't need to figure out how much to buy, for how much and so on. You simply need to set it to right type, set which ware and it will do the rest automatically.

Be advised CAG needs to be... err... http://www.x3wiki.com/index.php/CAG just check on ranks even tho I use them I tend to forget at which rank they can deal with intermediate wares and at which they can jump.

Now once you need to supply a specific NPC factory with something then you need CLS. Or if you built your own structures there a simple sector trader may suffice. Won't be as efficient and will complain a lot once there is nothing to shuffle but it will "function".

CLS offers full control, what to do, where, how and why. I personally use CLS to either supply military ships with stuff(usually just do it myself... I'm a lot faster and I have things set up to accommodate that) or "camp" for specific things early on like rare weapons and so forth. But the script is very robust... Here is link to Tims CLS "long ramblings" http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=334255

Check the sticky in this part of forums for guides any time you need help or just post. http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=162408

As far logical progression I'd start with base, always in demand wares. But there is no wrong way to go really. Only way you can build wrong is placing small mines on good asteroids... since building a mine permanently removes that asteroid(the only way to permanently remove an asteroid) so you are permanently get screwed. In yaki space I have a self sustained complex that produces space weed, space fuel, squash mines and tracker mines. Yaki love me for it. But you are right to start small... wheat will work since it feeds distilleries that are already there, you can also never go wrong with a power plant since e-cells are used by absolutely everything. Plan ahead for future and build your stuff nearby so when/if you decide to make a complex you won't need to play "pull the station" game.

On missions. There are very few limitations on what a race can offer as missions. You won't see boron asking you to kill boron in any way shape or form unless something goes horribly wrong. Aside from that it's a matter of luck and in case of building missions it's a matter of what is needed. Yaki offered me plenty building missions but sooner or later they will stop once there are plenty yaki owned stations in the sector already.

There are no "independent" stations, when you get a build mission a specific race offers that mission and that race gets ownership when you transfer it. If it was a pirate that offered the mission then the station belongs to them and they are hostile with everyone so argon blew it up... if it was offered by paranid then they are also hostile with argon and we return to previous point.

Glitched patrol mission is... too bad. Even if you enabled scripts I can't think of plausible way to help you without simply experimenting. Could be anything, close proximity caused military ships of "mission enemy" race to continuously pour in or the mission was bugged to begin with. Who offered it and who was the enemy? If someone offers you a defend station/sector mission in your currently targeted sector that MIGHT sort both missions out.

Start paying attention to the "talking heads". Pirates have different drabs then normal races so teladi will be sporting a fancy eyepatch, boron will have armor... split.... ermm... I don't have a clue they sport rugged look either way and paranid look even more like douchbags.
Last edited by hisazul on Sun, 17. Jan 16, 20:23, edited 1 time in total.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

MrFiction
x3ap

Post by MrFiction » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 20:15

You can do pirate missions in the pirate station two sectors up from Weavers Tempest. After about 10-20 missions (for me) I could dock everywhere in Weavers tempest.

For the CLS you need to train him/her first. You can hire a CLS pilot and make it circle between four stations continually. After a while it will "level" up and you can set him to buy Ecells using his jumpdrive. But in your case I would just use a CAG. A CAG will buy energy cells in nearby sectors (probably all the way up in Paranid Prime) and after his first training he can sell the products locally. After a while he can use a jumpdrive as well.

And yes, Yaki offer station building. Have fun!

Grail89
x3ap

Post by Grail89 » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 20:43

Hi thanks for the fast replies.

I haven't looked into cags yet, ill give it a go. Does the rank of a CLS guy transfer to CAG or would I have to start again and train him up?

Also im enemy with the paranid so I'd definitely have to jump in the energy.

"After a while it will "level" up and you can set him to buy Ecells using his jumpdrive."

Thats basically what I wanted to know, Ive enabled him to use the jumpdrive, do i just set the waypoints as normal? Buy in akeelas, and unload to weavers and he just jumps? Or is it more complicated than that?

Reguarding the CLS, ive had a bunch of guys training in argon prime region, probably got about 3 logisticians now. Its pretty sloppily done though, I get them to buy their trade good from 3 or so stations then just keep generating waypoints to sell as they level up.

I wanted to use him to buy cheap ecells from the two SPP's in akeelas beacon then load it into the wheat farm, and excess drop off to the local factories then return, I got a super freighter for the job so he could fill up the wheat farm quickly, I think it said 25k e cells and he can carry 12k i think so after a few trips i was hoping he could start putting more into the local stations.

As for the other issues. That scruffin farm was indeed from a pirate, shame about that, although it was right in the main flight path of neopolis memorial, I build them another station in danna's chance thats a bit out the way, do race ships actively hunt stations or just what they bump into?

Also the patrol mission was the split guy who looks like a pirate but isn't. Ive got pretty good at learning the pirates now as im trying to be friendly with them. Maybe ill try leveling the whole sector when I can afford to outfit the deimos I just forgot to return on a mission.

On that same topic, all the pirates on the western half of the universe map are friendly to me now, but i recently started exploring the east and there's alot of pirate stations there that are red. Are they handled sperately? Ive had guys constantly selling space fuel and weed to the pirate stations in the west, will it eventually turn the eastern pirates blue?

Thanks again, ill go read up on the CAG script. (Man i suck at taking in tutorials :P)

Grail.

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Yaki

Post by Bill Huntington » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 20:54

Grail89, you've picked a good area of the game to explore.

When you have the money, a self-sufficient complex in Weaver's is good way to spend it. I build it for max energy and SF. You can make it back many times over and guarantee a steady supply of IBLs and Spacefuel (SF).

This is usually the second complex I build in a game. In TC, I build a SF complex in Avarice. In AP I build it in the Unknown next to Legend. Weaver's can produce a lot of SF but the few customers that come are usually destroyed by the Yaki, sometimes before they buy your product. So I transfer it regularly to my other complex and it sells out there. You could automate this part if you choose, but a regular check-up and a MORT works fine too.

I use Mk 3 Traders in my game but they don't do well in Weaver's. Stupid ones don't start even when there's obvious trades. The smart ones do okay but not great.
Last edited by Bill Huntington on Mon, 18. Jan 16, 04:56, edited 1 time in total.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 22:39

While ranks of CLS and CAG do not transfer to sector traders or universe traders they are interchangeable between CLS and CAG. They have some ranks that have different names but ranks are kept and change according to whether its CAG or CLS so they can be swapped anytime.

Another trick, if you start CLS/CAG at their "home" sectors trading station their rank can be higher then starting. When you hover over CLS/CAG hommands press info button, "i" by default it will give... "general" information on command. At the bottom it will say who made it and "lore" sector go to that sector, dock at trading station and start CLS from there if you didn't get higher rank then fire and repeat until you do. That way you can skip first 1 or 2 ranks.

Training doesn't have to be pretty, CLS/CAG level according to flight time. You can set CLS to buy 1 cell and then sell it to what ever and repeat that until its maxed. It has no impact on how fast they level, all that matters is traveling.

Races don't really "seek" anything they just have ships that trade or military ships that patrol. Pirates and xenon can launch an attack, Kha'ak too in TC. For others it is simply a matter of military ship running into something.

As far as your pirate reputation goes. Pirates don't function like all other races, their ships/station always have a chance to be hostile towards you. Even if you absolutely max your rep with them at 1 million, you will still run into hostile pirates that will attack your ships/stations and pirate stations that respawned/generated back after being blown up/removed can still end up hostile. You can find pirate stations that offer "friend/foe hacking mission" where you pay to switch them to neutral state. Laser towers will never switch in my experience, best you blow them the hell up.

Before you ask, Yaki function normally tho same as all other races. If you are in the positive reputation then they are never hostile towards you unless you shoot them. They have no illegal wares so that will never trigger attack either.

If you have excess space weed/fuel get into the habbit of using bartering. Feature is mostly unused by people or at least it hardly ever gets mentioned but it's not entirely random. Bartering offers are partually random and partially depend on what sector buys/sells and how much it has. I keep stock excange in Senators Badlands empty of weed/fuel/mines and I often find barter for weed and fuel. When it's full tho... barter may only have offers for like 1 space weed... which is pointless.
“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.” - Albert Einstein

Grail89
x3ap

Post by Grail89 » Sun, 17. Jan 16, 23:19

OK thanks, so i can transfer some of my cls guys to cag duty and give that a go, will have to be tomorrow now before I try.

I love the barter function, but it seems like you need to be really high rank for anyone to trade with you. So far ive sold a few missles to argons, but no other races seem interested even though im quite high rank with them.

Ive got the basic jist of CLS and training them/setting waypoints, ive read through some posts on here mostly, I just get confused setting up all the commands and was mainly hoping for someone to tell me what to do :)

Oh well ill keep experimenting till i get it working.

One more question, do you need to start a new game for the tubeless complex mod? Or can i use it now and carry on, after reading the station building guides it sounds like its something I might want.

Thanks

Grail

hisazul
xr

Post by hisazul » Mon, 18. Jan 16, 01:17

You don't have to restart for that mod. Most mods will function once installed unless otherwise specified. Mostly the ones that require restart are overhaul mods.

fireanddream
xr

Post by fireanddream » Mon, 18. Jan 16, 16:14

CAG and CLS pilots share their levels (I thought it was a bug first) so you can just set a external cls flying between two stations to train a pilot up.

You can take station building missions from the yaki, I've taken a lot of those from our best friend already. Problem is, the stations they ask you to build are random, so you can get a paranid hornet fac and a teladianium foundry and a argon crystal fab, etc. If you wanna SUPPLY the yaki, I'd say build a complex supplying their four original stations and set the cag trading range at 2 jumps or something. If you wanna populate the sectors I'd just have like 10 UTs and a couple generic food/crystal/silicon/ore production complexes somewhere, or simply have your own best selling complexes with a bit of resource leftover, and chances are your cag and UTs will visit those stations automatically.

Triaxx2
x4

Post by Triaxx2 » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 03:01

If you hire pilots at the Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, they tend to start at a higher level than the pilots hired elsewhere. The best is one level below the requirement for using the Jump Drive.
A Pirate's Revenge Completed Now in PDF by _Zap_
APR Book 2: Best Served Cold Updated 8/5/2016

The Tale of Ea't s'Quid Completed

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin » Tue, 19. Jan 16, 03:13

Triaxx2 wrote:If you hire pilots at the Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, they tend to start at a higher level than the pilots hired elsewhere. The best is one level below the requirement for using the Jump Drive.
Actually the best is Cargo Messenger, which can use a jump drive.
Trapper Tim's Guide to CLS 2

On Her Majesty's Secret Service-Dead is Dead, and he is DEAD

Not a DiD, so I guess it's a DiDn't, the story of my first try at AP
Part One, in progress

HEY! AP!! That's new!!!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”