[EDIT/MOD] CWIR Shipyard Edits V1.3

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Thu, 23. Feb 17, 07:12

alright thanks :) Ill look into trying to update this mod to incorp all the new ship mods into it around this weekend if I can at all
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

"Time is the fire in which we burn"

Reaper's Mod Index

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Mon, 27. Feb 17, 03:22

Mod has been updated accordingly :) let me know if I missed anything!
"We are the middle children of History. Born too late to explore the earth, born to early to explore the stars."

Reaper's Mod Index

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Mon, 27. Feb 17, 23:57

HI Reaperxvii

I just tried this today and after various way of play i had an issue so don't have a go at me because i have an issue with it i'm just reporting what i've come across and i'm sure this mod needs more work and i'm not knocking it.

Before i installed this mod shipyards were all fully stocked and the builders had ships to build.

After i installed this mod and various starts beta/none beta i found i had no ships in any shipyards and the builders had noresorcess to build with.
Last edited by JESS 246 on Tue, 28. Feb 17, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 01:16

I wouldn't think this would be caused by my mod as it doesn't actually effect the standard npc shipyards (minus the pmc one). It only effects a player shipyard.

Basically each shipyard has an xml file, all this mod does is add in the macro name of whatever ship you're wanting to add to the shipyard so it knows to build it. Do you have a screenshot or anything so I can take a look please?

Reaper's Mod Index

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 04:37

Hi Reaperxvii

Hope this works there are two pictures here in this Dropbox link below under newfolder the first one is Pic 1 this is without your mod and the second Pic 2 is with your mod both showing my Capital shipyard ship order window from my capital shipyard.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/41reci1jyinn ... DBMea?dl=0

It is as i said with mod no ships without mod there are ships and i'm only reporting the facts [/img]

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 05:52

Maybe can you try with a manual installation ? (version 1)

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 08:21

i would suggest to change the way it works into a seperate mod that only adds the additional ships into the cwir-buildmodules by patch instruct (similar to SomeShips for some SYs) instead of overwrite all files
the required shipmods (with min-version) and cwir can be added in content.xml as dependency, so this can switched on/off and will only work in case the requirements are fullfilled

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Wed, 1. Mar 17, 22:20

@Jess - What shipyard is that? I would try the installation using version one while I look into the issue :/

@Marvin Martian - I'll have to look into doing it that way as I've never attempted that before :)

In the mean time I also updated the mod pack to maybe fix version 2, would you try that and let me know if the problem persists?

Reaper's Mod Index

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Wed, 1. Mar 17, 23:58

Hi Reaperxvii

The station in question is an Albion Capital Shipyard i built in sector Azure Barrier.

I gave the Mod another go all day monday in varing ways from the use of "BlackRains CWIR" with/without your mod parts had not used version 1 it now crashes the game on save load or new game start load without mod alls Ok.

As for Version 1 not to clear where or what file assuming it goes into assets/propts if they go there the installation instructions not that clear but i've just tried the mod again this time on installing version 1 into props and i found the game works stations have ships to build.

There's is possibly something wrong with version 2 and noticed you may be doing an update will try again that and i'll let you know.

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Thu, 2. Mar 17, 03:48

Some files may be out of date. Repaer you should only do one version based on the version 2, and remove unecessary files (outside props\surfaceelements\macros).

And if it works, a patch like MM said would be great, I think I'll go for that for the 4.1 and next CWIR update. (Thanks MM by the way, didn't know it was possible to patch an extension)

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Thu, 2. Mar 17, 22:35

Thats the odd thing though is version 2 is up to date, I copied over all of the present cwir files, then just replaced what I needed with version 2 :/

@Jess - Installation 1 goes into cwir\assets\props\surfaceelements\macros :)
Also, what other mods are you using? Are you using CWIR and Player Shipyards? Do you have a crash log by chance?

Reaper's Mod Index

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 02:32

Hi Reaperxvii

I had installed version 1 into the right place and it's working fine now i installed your part into the "BlackRains CWIR" and i'm using that with player shipyards mod with a few ship mods like all those in your header posts download info.

Sorry i had no crash report of the issues i did a full reinstall of the game to do the mod recheck with a fresh clean game if there was a report it may have got deleted when i did that.

I'm sorry if i upset things with you but for me the version 2 didn't work no idea why if it's the same and doing the manual install of v.1 and i'm having no issues with your mod and the others mentioned as far as i can tell so i can leave it at that.

I know you and other authors of mods do very good work and if it wasn't for you modders this game would mundane and players would soon get bored of it.

TheRealBix
x4

Post by TheRealBix » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 09:37

and i'm using that with player shipyards mod

No no no bad bad bad, you shouldn't use this ! Shipyard are available in CWIR you shoudn't use any other shipyard mod ! It's annonced in CAPITAL letters in the CWIR post, careful !

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 12:10

Hi TheRealBix

Thanks for info i don't know why i missed that not to use Player shipyards etc. will stop that right away though somehow game works but mite explain some lagging i'm having.

Thanks again.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sat, 4. Mar 17, 16:39

I think that should fix your problem jess :)

Is everything working as accordingly now?

Reaper's Mod Index

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Sat, 4. Mar 17, 22:28

Hi Reaperxvii

Yes all's working well i know i missed the player shipyard mod but that wasn't the cause i did try the mod with out other mods anyway it's working now.

JESS 246
x3

Post by JESS 246 » Mon, 6. Mar 17, 15:00

Hi again Reaperxvii

Though everything is working well now i notice this in my mods i was using that was another combat mod that also i think effected your mod and is called "Denied Space Initiative mod" i no longer use it but thought you might like to know about or check if it is likely to effect your mod.

Reaperxvii
x3ap

Post by Reaperxvii » Sun, 12. Mar 17, 23:38

@Jess - Glad to hear everything is working :)

I try to keep this mod in line with how Blackrain has CWIR set up but would anyone like the MM Argon ships to be in the Hertic Vanguards shipyard? I have a file for my personal game set up for that reason, as well as adding my ships :P

Reaper's Mod Index

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”