Roc Habitations?

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

BGrey
x4

Roc Habitations?

Post by BGrey » Sun, 8. Nov 15, 23:23

What is the deal with these things? The ones in Glaring Truth were buying just water but the ones in Barren Heart weren't buying or selling anything. I went in and looked at all the information points and I see that they are completely full on their products (food) and resources (food, energy, water).

I didn't check the ones in Glaring Truth but I assume when their water order is filled they will be in the same spot buying and selling nothing.

This was with the free play start.

eMYNOCK
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by eMYNOCK » Mon, 9. Nov 15, 01:41

The Habitations have the role to provide "living Space" and consume Food... too bad that they never were what they were supposed to be.

If you want some usage from the Habitations check my Signature and my Workshop... the "Canteran Handmade Technologies" Mod gives them a useful usage at last somehow.

Regards

ezra-r
x4

Post by ezra-r » Tue, 10. Nov 15, 19:15

Yes, Egosoft should make them use/consume their resources or something, I don't see the point of having them around for nothing.

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 10. Nov 15, 21:22

With the new piracy mechanic in v4 it's possible that Reiver Titurels will now steal their food (& other resources? - needs checking). However I agree that they should be allowed to consume resources if left unattacked..
Wiki X:R 1st Tit capping
Wiki X3:TC vanilla: Guide to generic missions, Guide to finding & capping Aran
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

I know how to spell teladiuminumiumium, I just don't know when to stop!

Dom (Wiki Moderator) 8-) DxDiag

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 10. Nov 15, 22:12

There are about 3 models for RoC Habitation stations but they basically come in two types, possessing either one or two Canteran Food Rations production lines:

Cycle time: 15 minutes
Production: 10 x Food Rations per cycle
180 x Energy Cell used per cycle
60 x Water used per cycle
60 x Food Rations used per cycle

The basic problem, that I think eMYNOCK was referring to, is that they eventually become completely full of all resources and then stop putting up buy or sell orders. Their production method wants to use more Food Rations than it produce but something seems to break. Perhaps because of shared storage or/and because the Manager is "Searching for trades" but controls no ships.

Even if they didn't get full up and break, there seems to be a large surplus of Food Rations in DV despite the lore suggesting they need food. The potential surplus being available from the Crystal Castle, which has two Albion-like production lines that produce 17k/hour each while spice is available (not noticed a a problem with that so far but I've not kept a close eye on it).

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Tue, 10. Nov 15, 22:34

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Crystal Castle, which has two Albion-like production lines that produce 17k/hour each while spice is available (not noticed a a problem with that so far but I've not kept a close eye on it).
In my current 3.6x start I've now noticed Crystal Castle running out of spices when I switched to v4.00b2; this forced me to build a Foodstuffs Supply fab in DV rather earlier than I wanted to (I was originally intending to wait & save & cap the HoA Staples Farmery CV in MA for my DV Spacefuel needs..)
Last edited by Snafu_X3 on Tue, 10. Nov 15, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
Never played AP; all X3 advice is based on vanilla+bonus pack TC or before: AP has not changed much WRT general advice.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Tue, 10. Nov 15, 22:42

Spacefuel?!? I didn't realise that was a ware option from expansions!

brb, off to catpure another friendly CV :D

Snafu_X3
x3tc

Post by Snafu_X3 » Sun, 15. Nov 15, 00:14

It's always nice to be right.. :)

..what was I right about? ;)

Oh BTW the new looting mechanic gives ships a much better chance (time in-range of PMs) to survive trading in TO.. however we'll have to wait for the next update to solve the overpowered beam weapons' glitch.. :(

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 15. Nov 15, 00:59

Snafu_X3 wrote:It's always nice to be right.. :)

..what was I right about? ;)
Basically anything Dune-movie-related :D

Spice needs in your game that I'll be watching, and spice as a product of that food station :)

Edit: Replaced incorrect quotation.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”