Secret Service Licence

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

strude
x4

Secret Service Licence

Post by strude » Sun, 8. Nov 15, 10:35

Should this be a permanent part of my game?

I got the SS Licence by following all the missions it presented, but just noticed that it doesn't appear listed under my Argon rep with my other Argon licence. Is it suppose to display there, or have I lost it for some reason?
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 8. Nov 15, 11:19

Unfortunately, this sounds like a long-standing bug that I don't remember seeing it stated as having been fixed.

Basically, the old bug was that we could start the SS mission chain at Argon standing +20 and that chain can only be done once, but the standings requirement for the SSL was/is Argon standing +25.

In the past, myself and others have completed the SS mission chain before reaching +25 and then, once our Argon standings change a bit more, the game seems to notice we don't have +25. The SSL was removes and since the chain is unique, we could not regain the SSL.

Rebirth 2.0-era bug report*:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=368036

* This may potentially have been overlooked since there was a misunderstanding at one point since it seemed like someone said it was a transitory issue.

-------

Edit:

In terms of permanency, I think it should be permanent as long as we keep our standings above +20, or maybe lower as a bit of a buffer (in case of derp), given it cannot be replaced.

Maybe the easiest fix would just be to change the standings requirement for the SSL to +20 (or lower if adding a buffer).

strude
x4

Post by strude » Sun, 8. Nov 15, 22:07

That sounds like my situation. Got the licence when I hit 20, and am currently at 22.

If I get my argon rep to 25, can I edit the save to put it back in?

Or could the rep of 20 be changed with a mod?

Should I report it in the tech support forum? I have a dozen or so mods, so it's likely to be disregarded.
Gaming PC: Gigabyte H270M-D3H | i7 7700 | 16Gb DDR4 | Gigabyte GTX1060 6Gb OC | Asus Xonar DGX | Window 10 Home 64bit | Samsung 256Gb SSD

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 8. Nov 15, 22:54

I'm afraid I don't understand how the code works enough to say. Someone in the other thread mentioned doing something like that but I don't know if that means it worked properly (maybe it opens up new missions but I am not sure).

When I get to the point myself I'll fire up a beta thread if one isn't available but I've not started the chain yet so it would be a while.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”