EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[MOD] Black Market Seminars
View previous topic :: View next topic
strude

Thank you for registering your game
modified
PostPosted: Wed, 5. Aug 15, 15:19    Post subject: [MOD] Black Market Seminars Reply with quote Print

So here it is, my first ever published mod. Be gentle Surprised

Black Market Seminars allows for virtual seminars to be available through black marketeers.

There is only a small chance that a trader will have any given seminar, and at most three copies. Prices for all seminars are between 1 and 2 million credits.

To install, just subscribe through Steam Workshop
Black Market Seminars
Or download from the Nexus
Black Market Seminars

Note that when adding to an existing game, seminar items will not be available until the player changes zones.

To uninstall, just go to any black marketeer and ask them to stop selling seminars. You can then save your game and unsubscribe/disable the extension. Seminar items will still be available until the player changes zones.

Anyway, if it sounds interesting, have a play and let me know what you think.

Mod uses page 777001

Last edited by strude on Fri, 2. Oct 15, 09:22; edited 2 times in total
Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Wed, 5. Aug 15, 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Nice idea! Nice to have another way to gain these without all the small talk.

Ezarkal

PostPosted: Wed, 5. Aug 15, 20:42    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks a lot! I'll have fun with this! Thumb up

Ezarkal

PostPosted: Thu, 6. Aug 15, 04:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

It's good and fun, but I think the probability of a dealer having a seminar is way too high. Most of them I've seen had at least one or two, and I saw one with as much as 6 or 7 of them. (no more than 3 of any single seminar, as you said, but it had 3 kinds of them.)

Still, it's a good addon from what I've seen so far.

strude

PostPosted: Thu, 6. Aug 15, 09:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Ezarkal wrote:
It's good and fun, but I think the probability of a dealer having a seminar is way too high. Most of them I've seen had at least one or two, and I saw one with as much as 6 or 7 of them. (no more than 3 of any single seminar, as you said, but it had 3 kinds of them.)

Would you say the chance of a seminar appearing is too high or there are too many copies available? Or both?

I've set the the chance of each seminar at 15% with each having up to three copies. This was because black marketeers don't appear in the remote trader list, so the player needs to at least go to each station and comm a docking platform to see black marketeers at each station.

Ezarkal

PostPosted: Thu, 6. Aug 15, 13:22    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'd say both. Black market dealer are a little harder to find, but not if you know where to look. You can easily find 5-6 in some bigger stations, so it's still very easy to find every kind of seminar.

The way I get it, if they are within the 15% for holding the seminar, then they get a random number of them between 1 and 3, right? Then I'd suggest around 3 to 5% chances for holding seminars. But once again it's your mod, and thus it's your call.

On the other hand, I noticed they have a pretty fair price (1-1.5M each), so it balances out.

Overall it's a great addition, like I said earlier. Thanks!

strude

PostPosted: Wed, 19. Aug 15, 04:10    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Having played it a bit more, I've decided to leave it as is for now. Most times when I've been looking for a specific one around Albion, it's a bit of a search. Perhaps a bit easier in OL where the stations are bigger, but that's to be expected in a larger economy I would think.

XenonSurf

PostPosted: Wed, 19. Aug 15, 20:50    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

A very good-sensed mod, thank you so much Smile
I think it's still tricky to get what you want and the price is high but ok. A good alternative to the hard minigame.

[EDIT]
It doesn^t work with Marine Officer, that^s too bad...

XenonS

strude

PostPosted: Thu, 20. Aug 15, 02:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

XenonSurf wrote:

[EDIT]
It doesn^t work with Marine Officer, that^s too bad...

XenonS

You mean having the seminar to increase boarding experience? It is available as a ware, but I thought it didn't seem right to allow training for something that is supposed to be experience. It is possible to find a 5 star experience marine officer though, and since you only really need one the entire game, I figured it was pretty reasonable.

Unless you meant something else?

XenonSurf

PostPosted: Thu, 20. Aug 15, 03:06    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

No, I don't mean the MO's Experience, this one cannot - and should not - be trained, only your nr. of boardings will slowly increase it (vanilla).
I mean the 'Combat' training. I've got it and I tried it out inside my Skunk with various NPCs. It would work on a Defense Officer whose skills are unknown yet: the 'Train' tab is active.
But if I tell my MO to show its skills, it won't work on his 'Combat', the Train tab is greyed. The MO is the most critical NPC to be trained, and because of the game impact I wouldn't mind to pay much more (say double) for his training.

I suppose I have to get another train unit by the Black Market Dealer for it?

Please don't consider this to be a lament of any kind, I highly enjoy *any* mod attempt, be it successful or not in the first place. I know there is always room for additions Smile

XenonS

strude

PostPosted: Thu, 20. Aug 15, 03:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Combat seminars should be available. I've seen them in my game. As long as you're aware that one seminar only allows one training, then it's used up. If you want to train twocombat stars, you'll need two combat seminars.

XenonSurf

PostPosted: Thu, 20. Aug 15, 04:03    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I don't understand you, my MO has 1 star in Combat and i have got 1 Combat training from the dealer (shown in my Inventory too). Are you saying I need 2 units to change my MO from 1 star to 2 stars? And I would need 4 units to change from 3 stars to 4 stars?
This would be very expensive...

XenonS

strude

PostPosted: Thu, 20. Aug 15, 04:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

No, just one unit per star.

I don't make any changes to the way seminars work in game. Just make them available through a different channel (instead of having to play the small talk mini game for them)

XenonSurf

PostPosted: Thu, 20. Aug 15, 08:26    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I have taken a look at the files, I understand now: only the BOLD skills are subject to be changed, like Engineering for engineer, Leadership-Navigation for Captain etc. But why does the Combat not work on MO? It should.

XenonS

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

PostPosted: Thu, 20. Aug 15, 10:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I can't remember which skills are bold for the MO but only the bold skills are taken into consideration by the game engine IIRC. So if combat is not bold, it was a decision taken by Egosoft and it shouldn't matter from a game perspective how many combat stars they have.