[X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.8

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Post Reply
worsin
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu, 14. Apr 16, 01:45
x3ap

Post by worsin » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 11:32

Hello new to Mayhem...quick question.

How do you mine? I have a Caiman Mining Ship. 4 Mining lasers on it with ore collector and mineral scanner but when I approach an asteroid the lasers are grayed out and they do nothing. I'm 2km from the asteroid it's scanned and everything.

Also please make the starting station and research facility further apart. They start out so close things get clogged up and you lose ships crashing into each other. VERY annoying.

Sirrobert
Posts: 1185
Joined: Wed, 21. Aug 13, 13:55
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 13:30

Just shoot the asteroid debris. The small rocks.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

jlvitorasso
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu, 1. Mar 18, 05:52
x4

Post by jlvitorasso » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 19:21

Hi guys. I'm definitely not a newborn on x3lu universe, but i just recently decide to try this mod. Looks so promising! Anyway, i have a few questions that i can't clarify after reading the encyclopedia ingame.

1. Is there a command so i can set a NPC to do the blueprint scans for me?The fact that i have to scan every single ship of the game kinda bothered me.

2. I read here on patch notes that MK3 and QJE are removed from npc stations. So, where can i find them now? I have a trade playstyle, and not be able to use UT's would be a critical hit for me.
Have a nice day/night everyone!

EDIT: Ignore the #2, already found it!

deztar
Posts: 31
Joined: Fri, 21. Apr 17, 14:02
x3ap

Post by deztar » Sun, 4. Mar 18, 20:06

jlvitorasso wrote: 1. Is there a command so i can set a NPC to do the blueprint scans for me?The fact that i have to scan every single ship of the game kinda bothered me.
No, you can only scan manually. And why would you want to scan every ship? You just need one ship of each type, so around 15 in total.

worsin
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu, 14. Apr 16, 01:45
x3ap

Post by worsin » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 00:17

Wow, first time playing. I have not taken ANY sectors. OCV rolled in a wiped me out.

They seem way OP to me. I haven't even been able to build a fleet yet and they destroyed everything I have the first time in.

They are so fast that the starter ship is useless against them. I really don't know how you people do this considering the difficulty of OCV. They seem 2x power powerful than anything I've been able to build/scavenge so far.

Sirrobert
Posts: 1185
Joined: Wed, 21. Aug 13, 13:55
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 01:03

worsin wrote:Wow, first time playing. I have not taken ANY sectors. OCV rolled in a wiped me out.

They seem way OP to me. I haven't even been able to build a fleet yet and they destroyed everything I have the first time in.

They are so fast that the starter ship is useless against them. I really don't know how you people do this considering the difficulty of OCV. They seem 2x power powerful than anything I've been able to build/scavenge so far.
You should actually be a little more aggressive with taking sectors.
A second sector (assuming you start the basic start) will double your research, and significantly improve your economy. That means you have a bigger fleet.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

worsin
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu, 14. Apr 16, 01:45
x3ap

Post by worsin » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 01:13

Sirrobert wrote:
worsin wrote:Wow, first time playing. I have not taken ANY sectors. OCV rolled in a wiped me out.

They seem way OP to me. I haven't even been able to build a fleet yet and they destroyed everything I have the first time in.

They are so fast that the starter ship is useless against them. I really don't know how you people do this considering the difficulty of OCV. They seem 2x power powerful than anything I've been able to build/scavenge so far.
You should actually be a little more aggressive with taking sectors.
A second sector (assuming you start the basic start) will double your research, and significantly improve your economy. That means you have a bigger fleet.
I assume I should take another empty sector since I could never defeat a populated one. Right?

worsin
Posts: 68
Joined: Thu, 14. Apr 16, 01:45
x3ap

Post by worsin » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 02:55

Is repairing with space suit disabled?

Falcrack
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed, 29. Jul 09, 00:46
x3tc

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 07:15

jlvitorasso wrote: 1. Is there a command so i can set a NPC to do the blueprint scans for me?The fact that i have to scan every single ship of the game kinda bothered me.
Scanning is a very finicky, skill intensive process I would never entrust to an AI. It frequently involves hooting down a targets shields, but not too much, staying in range while it shoots at you. Or if you do not shoot at it, searching the galaxy for battles where the ship of interest is involved, jumping there, and hoping that the enemy it is fighting will do the shield depletion for you, without killing your target ship before you scan it, so that you do not suffer a rep hit with the faction of the ship being scanned.

hqz
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 10. Jul 16, 11:28
x3ap

Post by hqz » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 11:24

I haven't played since 2.09 and I'm going to start a whole new playthrough.

I'm curious about the best choice of factories during the early stages of the game. Is is better to build factories for your own use in order to reach some sort of self-sustainability, or do you try to build factories that produce wares that you can sell so that you earn more credits?

And in case it's the second one (building for money), which factories do you usually consider the most profitable ones?

hqz
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun, 10. Jul 16, 11:28
x3ap

Post by hqz » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 11:28

Is there a place outside of the game where the changes to the weapons are listed?

Before the changes I would just rely on http://blubb.najut.org/x3/ to compare weapons and theorycraft some interesting ship loadouts. So I'm wondering if there's an equivalent for Mayhem.

And if not, would it be possible to get the changes as a CSV or XML or JSON by any chance? Otherwise I'll just try to dig for the info myself inside the cat/dat files.

User avatar
Joubarbe
Posts: 3596
Joined: Tue, 31. Oct 06, 13:11
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 11:56

There's no such thing for Mayhem. The only thing changed is the damage output: some weapons are anti-shield, others are anti-hull. That changes the damage value to a ratio of 1:3.

Self-sustainability is what you should aim for at first. See how you deal with the OCV.

@worsin: repair laser is deactivated indeed. If you really struggle to fight back the OCV, there's still the Vagrant gamestart, where the OCV feature is disabled.

V-virus
Posts: 20
Joined: Sun, 1. Dec 13, 18:01
x4

Procedural Generation Universe

Post by V-virus » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 17:21

PROCEDURAL GENERATION UNIVERSE FOR MAYHEM (current version 2.3.7)

-New x universe
-Random generated planets, suns, asteroid fileds, gates, race regions, stations.


DOWNLOAD this mod

Falcrack
Posts: 1260
Joined: Wed, 29. Jul 09, 00:46
x3tc

Post by Falcrack » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 17:32

I am about to do a fresh Mayhem game. The install instructions on the 1st page of this thread indicate to install Mayhem over a fresh LU 1.7.0 install. But, LU is on version 1.7.2, so I was wondering if I should do an install over 1.7.0, or 1.7.2.

Hector0x
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon, 18. Nov 13, 19:03
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Mon, 5. Mar 18, 17:39

hqz wrote:I haven't played since 2.09 and I'm going to start a whole new playthrough.

I'm curious about the best choice of factories during the early stages of the game. Is is better to build factories for your own use in order to reach some sort of self-sustainability, or do you try to build factories that produce wares that you can sell so that you earn more credits?

And in case it's the second one (building for money), which factories do you usually consider the most profitable ones?
The factory slots are too valuable to use them for money making in the beginning. You should produce the goods you need, but can't buy. An enemy race gives you more opportunities for missions or piracy.
"Hard pounding, gentlemen. Let's see who pounds the longest." - Arthur Wellesley, Duke of Wellington, British general and Prime Minister

Post Reply

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”