[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

snajpa
x3ap

Post by snajpa » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 18:16

Joubarbe wrote:DAs are designed with "later in game" in mind. On the long run, I think they are more efficient as they are now in 2.1.3. If you just starting a game, don't put too many DAs, it's often useless.

(Freighters don't overstock when you put Overstock to no... It's just that there can be a few of them on the same job; that's not Overstock)
(DAs never look at the Overstock option, they buy/gather up until 100%)
I mean when You set overstock to YES then they do and that's perfectly to be expected.

--from LU wiki--
"When a ware is set to overstock, Freighters will continue to stock the ware despite the capacity settings. Additionally, Dock Agents WILL NOT sell wares set to overstock."

well mine don't really care, they sell no matter if YES or NO as soon as it's above capacity and i like that change even if unintended.

Yes couriers are nice and they can do many things but i wish there was some kind of "overview menu" or something.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 18:42

No, it's intended. Overstock is only available when you set the source to one of your station. So it's a little bit weird. And that's why I completely deactivated the Overstock consideration for all DAs. Plus there were some weird code that wouldn't work.

snajpa
x3ap

Post by snajpa » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 18:54

Joubarbe wrote:No, it's intended. Overstock is only available when you set the source to one of your station. So it's a little bit weird. And that's why I completely deactivated the Overstock consideration for all DAs. Plus there were some weird code that wouldn't work.

Mmhhhmmm now it make sens, thanks for info.

BTW just one more small question:

Can You explain to me the mechanics behind research ?

i tried to look inside the scripts but that didn't yield anything constructive to me.

How is sector research rating related to actual research speed ?
- is it like for example 100 SRR (Sector Research Rating) means that in that sector i can expect to gain 100 points in one hour(just an example) in particular ship/wpn/missile, and 87 points in 87 SRR sector ?

I did changed research update cycle to 1 sec and after measuring progress in 87 and 104 SRR sectors respectively i didn't notice difference or was it too small time frame to feel any difference.

Basically in how much time i can expect to research something that costs 100 points in 100 SRR sector compared to 50 or 150 SRR sector.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 19:18

No idea, my hamster coded that.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 19:23

Joubarbe wrote:
VincentTH wrote:
I was able to reproduce the problem (same station, different ship). The ship has plenty of EC to jump home, but choose to fly to the gate instead. The ship died a few seconds after I save the game. (Look at South gate in Brennan Triumph. There is no property of mine in that sector, so the ship has no business being there)

save game
You mean the ship that get destroyed 200ms after I load the savegame? Yeah... great.

Freighters could be improved I agree. They are vanilla. You shouldn't need more than 2 to do Sanctuary to Sanctuary wares transfer though. I've spent more than a day trying to get the Dock Agents smart, I won't do it again.
That's the best I could do, it died too fast after I received the attack warning.
I suspect (no proof) that the Automatic addition of Sanctuary ware automatically turn on buy orders of products that I don't need, causing the DA Buy to get un-wanted product. I will try to manually set the buy option at the Sanctuary to No, then just turn on the things I really want., to see if that fixes the problem.

snajpa
x3ap

Post by snajpa » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 19:25

Joubarbe wrote:No idea, my hamster coded that.
Interesting... :?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 19:26

VincentTH wrote:
Joubarbe wrote:
VincentTH wrote:
I was able to reproduce the problem (same station, different ship). The ship has plenty of EC to jump home, but choose to fly to the gate instead. The ship died a few seconds after I save the game. (Look at South gate in Brennan Triumph. There is no property of mine in that sector, so the ship has no business being there)

save game
You mean the ship that get destroyed 200ms after I load the savegame? Yeah... great.

Freighters could be improved I agree. They are vanilla. You shouldn't need more than 2 to do Sanctuary to Sanctuary wares transfer though. I've spent more than a day trying to get the Dock Agents smart, I won't do it again.
That's the best I could do, it died too fast after I received the attack warning.
I suspect (no proof) that the Automatic addition of Sanctuary ware automatically turn on buy orders of products that I don't need, causing the DA Buy to get un-wanted product. I will try to manually set the buy option at the Sanctuary to No, then just turn on the things I really want., to see if that fixes the problem.
It has nothing to do with the station command. If it's not set to "Buy", nobody will buy.

ussdefiant
x4

Post by ussdefiant » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 21:07

just to be sure i haven't mucked something up somewhere, i start a new From Scratch game in 2.1.3, claim freebie freighter, data scan it, go off and jump through a couple gates. Races are showin all neutral to each other like in the tutorial stage of the default start and i haven't gotten any messages since the first one. Is this expected behaviour?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 6. Aug 17, 21:44

Yep, first invasions start after 6 hours. Until then, it's pretty quiet.

ussdefiant
x4

Post by ussdefiant » Mon, 7. Aug 17, 23:35

Couple of balance-related observations at about 16 hours in:

1) Building an L is a project size of 279. Building 6 x Phased Repeater Guns to equip said L with is 3429. 3 x 25 MJ shields is 855. Feels like some of these numbers could stand to be tweaked.

2) Said Phased Reapers need 2400 Cahoonas to manufacture. Thats near an hour worth of production of a bakery to gun a single L.

3)I feel like i made an mistake in going for a SSP+Bakery+Cattle Ranch + Teladium fab + all the freighters for them earlyish. The money for all those resources + Station Agent Software crystals could've gone to UTs instead and i think i would've been in a much better financial situation.

4) About 80% of the missions i've seen from the corps are Blow Up This Power Plant/M7 types which i feel my Springblossom + couple of tagalongs are unqualified for. Either that or Kill 10 Invaders when said invaders are usually a ball of M3s+M6s with maybe a frigate or two tagging along.

5) I've only seen one refugee ship enter USO so far. Any way to increase the rate?

6) i feel sorta hemmed in by not having access to ore, but if i go claim Unknown Alpha for all the sweet roids in there, that triggers the OCV coming in to clense me at the 24 hour mark, yea? are Threat 2/3 invasions horrbly hard for a singe M6 to deal with?

7) Encouraging the player to make enemies early via the corps/whatever they offer is fine. I just wish i could do my mapping out of the galaxy so i can actually go places before making said enemies.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 11:12

ussdefiant wrote:Couple of balance-related observations at about 16 hours in:

1) Building an L is a project size of 279. Building 6 x Phased Repeater Guns to equip said L with is 3429. 3 x 25 MJ shields is 855. Feels like some of these numbers could stand to be tweaked.

2) Said Phased Reapers need 2400 Cahoonas to manufacture. Thats near an hour worth of production of a bakery to gun a single L.

3)I feel like i made an mistake in going for a SSP+Bakery+Cattle Ranch + Teladium fab + all the freighters for them earlyish. The money for all those resources + Station Agent Software crystals could've gone to UTs instead and i think i would've been in a much better financial situation.

4) About 80% of the missions i've seen from the corps are Blow Up This Power Plant/M7 types which i feel my Springblossom + couple of tagalongs are unqualified for. Either that or Kill 10 Invaders when said invaders are usually a ball of M3s+M6s with maybe a frigate or two tagging along.

5) I've only seen one refugee ship enter USO so far. Any way to increase the rate?

6) i feel sorta hemmed in by not having access to ore, but if i go claim Unknown Alpha for all the sweet roids in there, that triggers the OCV coming in to clense me at the 24 hour mark, yea? are Threat 2/3 invasions horrbly hard for a singe M6 to deal with?

7) Encouraging the player to make enemies early via the corps/whatever they offer is fine. I just wish i could do my mapping out of the galaxy so i can actually go places before making said enemies.
1), 2)player built equipment is indeed expensive. Its the same with ship extensions for crystals and seems intended.
3) my top money maker priorities were the reaper and some satellites. First stations should be the resource factories of your future enemy race as you have a hard time buying those. And a small OWP if course
4) Some can have a fairly short time limit. Execute, steal, rob and rescue missions are the ones i was looking for
5) no, but you can buy slaves to populate the sanctuary
6) my first invasion happened after 30 hours. I took the second sector after about 18h. A single ship will likely not be enough to handle it. Maybe with a ton of missles.
7) its a single player game. I'd see no problem in using the discover all cheat script. The refugees should you provide with the star charts anyway.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Tue, 8. Aug 17, 11:33

You've only played 16 hours, so maybe try to give Mayhem a little bit more time.

1/ Making your own weapons is expensive, and that's meant to give mid-late game an interest.

5/ In my current game, I never had to buy a single slave. I have a Sanctuary with over 30 slaves because it was full when refugee vessels came. So it depends on your game and on the location of your sectors (central sectors have a lot more chances to receive refugees). It also depends on the current alliances, because refugee ships have to make their way to your Sanctuaries; and there's often a lot of reasons for them to be destroyed.

6/ Why would you only have a single M6? There are plenty of abandoned fighters, you can make a dozen of them quite easily before the first OCV invasion. You have to defend your sectors.

7/ I don't get this one. Why can't you map the galaxy? I always map the galaxy myself. In my current game, I have positive reputation with everyone, four sectors, and even though it would be sometimes easier to have an enemy to buy blueprints and make more kills, Mayhem lets me play "peacefully" the way I want.

Nefasi
x3tc

Post by Nefasi » Wed, 9. Aug 17, 23:15

ussdefiant wrote:Couple of balance-related observations at about 16 hours in:

1,2) Lasers are a valuable commodity in Mayhem. A full armament generally will cost you more than the ship's hull, especially if they are heavy weapons. Also, due to this, you'll find it more time-consuming to produce weapons for a ship. AFAIK there is a correlation between the resource cost to produce something and the time it takes to produce it. For example, a PRG is 171k whereas a PAC is only 70k or an IRE being only 23k. You most likely can't keep up with ship production if your only source of weapons is in-house manufacturing.

3) I find a mining fleet to also be a worthwhile investment. The droprate seems to be much higher in Mayhem than in Litcube Universe. UTs will help combat the reputation decay.

4) Mission rolls can be bad, othertimes they can be good. Just check to see if theres anything you can/want to do and consider them as bonuses or opportunities.

6) OCV invasions should be dealt with through a fleet. OCV ships are better than their counterparts, so you should try to always outnumber them or use superior tactics. You get a couple hours to prepare, so if you have ship hulls (I like to save M6s, M7s, M1s, M2s) you can go and spend your credits to get them outfitted with weapons. You can setup Dock Agents to purchase ore. You'll actually get the ore cheaper (usually 50 credits) if you got a good sat network up. Theres also plenty of ore in the mining outposts.

7) You can dip in reputation if you go and kill some xenon/pirates in their sectors soon afterwards. You might lose a couple ships or satelites but thats just part of the mission/blueprint market cost.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 16:45

Re: Problem with DAs

I think I now know the cause of my DAs wandering into pirate sectors. I did not realize that the default for jump range is now 50, (changed from the default 9).

VincentTH
x4

Black Crystal

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 17:47

It appears that the Sanctuary can only stock 2 Black Crystals, but I would need 3 to make the Plutarch Tractor System

Joubarbe
xr

Re: Black Crystal

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 18:01

VincentTH wrote:It appears that the Sanctuary can only stock 2 Black Crystals, but I would need 3 to make the Plutarch Tractor System
My bad! Here's a quick fix.

VincentTH
x4

Re: Black Crystal

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 10. Aug 17, 20:26

Joubarbe wrote:
VincentTH wrote:It appears that the Sanctuary can only stock 2 Black Crystals, but I would need 3 to make the Plutarch Tractor System
My bad! Here's a quick fix.
Thanks

ussdefiant
x4

Post by ussdefiant » Sat, 12. Aug 17, 20:19

wheew, those OCV ships are remarkably tanky. And fast. And i think my plan of Everything Gets 4 Thunderbolts + 4 Tornados A Sortie may be far out of my budget range.

oh, just decided to go help the Terrans swat a Paranid BG, whistle up 5 M6s and a TM via MLCC, and when i hit Go they all just wander off to their base. I'm not really sure how to get them to engage if -3 Paranid relations and transmitting Paranid Foe to them via Global Commands isn't enough.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 01:58

ussdefiant wrote:wheew, those OCV ships are remarkably tanky. And fast. And i think my plan of Everything Gets 4 Thunderbolts + 4 Tornados A Sortie may be far out of my budget range.

oh, just decided to go help the Terrans swat a Paranid BG, whistle up 5 M6s and a TM via MLCC, and when i hit Go they all just wander off to their base. I'm not really sure how to get them to engage if -3 Paranid relations and transmitting Paranid Foe to them via Global Commands isn't enough.
It's how you program their MLCC -GO codes. Once a target has been completed, they move on to the next objective. There is no way to go back to Objective #1, and you have to town them, for them to go back at it - in the same order - again.

ussdefiant
x4

Post by ussdefiant » Sun, 13. Aug 17, 02:37

nope, theres plenty of Paranid red stuff that they're programmed to shoot at, they just don't do it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”