[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Sun, 16. Apr 17, 20:16

Dmitry2017 wrote:Hi, guys!
Very amazing mode for LU universe. Many thanks, Joubarbe :))

Can anybody say me for Mayhem 2.09b in MLCC Otass McCallum docks does manage missiles or now not ? In original LU this trick worked good. In my game I can't set missiles to MLCC dock manager only energy cells. I use all mods versions same as Joubarbe description.

P.S. Sorry for my english.
I'm afraid it's quite hard to understand what you're trying to say.
If your question is, does MLCC auto manage missiles? Yes, it does. This mod changed nothing about MLCC, it is the same as in Litcube's Universe.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Dmitry2017

Post by Dmitry2017 » Sun, 16. Apr 17, 21:19

Thank's men.
I solved this problem. After some times I remember how MLCC rulers in LU worked. Thats now all right.

Dmitry2017

Post by Dmitry2017 » Mon, 17. Apr 17, 13:15

1. Who know can Dock Agents, Couriers, IDN ships auto-jump away if they are attacked by enemy ? For exmample that can do Universal Traders.
2. How can i capture a small miner ship( like M4, M3 or TS) with some count of miner laser ? I don't want to by it in race station.
3. Can this mod be played with condition not by any poduct on race ?
4. Can race militarry fleet use my jump beacon or not ?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 17. Apr 17, 20:03

Dmitry2017 wrote:1. Who know can Dock Agents, Couriers, IDN ships auto-jump away if they are attacked by enemy ? For exmample that can do Universal Traders.
2. How can i capture a small miner ship( like M4, M3 or TS) with some count of miner laser ? I don't want to by it in race station.
3. Can this mod be played with condition not by any poduct on race ?
4. Can race militarry fleet use my jump beacon or not ?
1. I don't think they can [EDIT] or they do so slowly: Most of my dead traders are IDN traders. [/edit]
2. I believe the default bail rate in MayHem is much lower than vanilla LU. Also, after it bails, the probably of equipments that are still onboard is lower compared to LU. I believe there is also a bug introduced in 2.09b which I will post following this message.
3. I don't understand the issue
4. No, they can't, only you can use your jump beacon.
Last edited by VincentTH on Mon, 17. Apr 17, 22:31, edited 1 time in total.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 17. Apr 17, 20:07

@Joubarbe

I don't see any bailed ships in my newly started 2.09b game (will all Life Setting at default), either by me or by any NPCs. It has been 24 hours into the game, and I have raised my rank with Boron to 7+40%, Argon level 6, Teladi level 6 (meaning lots of fighting).

Only 3 mods installed: IDN, Satellite Monitoring and Bounty (plus the misc mod that allows TL to pick up Lasertower). Start was the Quick Start with all options at default.

Once I change the bail setting to LU from MayHem (after 24 hour game time, Combat level 20+) I see ships bailing by NPC almost immediately.

I did not see this problem in prior versions of MayHem.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 18. Apr 17, 19:02

VincentTH wrote:
Dmitry2017 wrote:1. I don't think they can [EDIT] or they do so slowly: Most of my dead traders are IDN traders. [/edit]
Why are your IDN traders in hostile sectors?
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Tue, 18. Apr 17, 22:45

Sirrobert wrote:
VincentTH wrote:
Dmitry2017 wrote:1. I don't think they can [EDIT] or they do so slowly: Most of my dead traders are IDN traders. [/edit]
Why are your IDN traders in hostile sectors?
Hostile came to my sector instead!!!! In my setup, IDN node sometimes span 2 sectors, e.g. US beta and Y Alpha. US Beta has defense at the North gste, but hostile slip past the defense and break havoc in Alpha, killing IDN freighters.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Tue, 18. Apr 17, 23:55

VincentTH wrote:Hostile came to my sector instead!!!! In my setup, IDN node sometimes span 2 sectors, e.g. US beta and Y Alpha. US Beta has defense at the North gste, but hostile slip past the defense and break havoc in Alpha, killing IDN freighters.
Yikes. Needs more lasertowers.
And Orbital Weapon Platforms.

As for network, do you have an organized network? Personally I just clump all my stations in a single network, give them enough freighters, give those freighters enough jump fuel, and call it a day (they refuel every time they dock anywhere, so no chance of running out either).
Well, I have 1 network for food, and 1 for the rest. The rest gets their food from the distribution center. I may even change that back to a single network.

Either way, I collect all of that in a single distribution center, and the other sanctuaries collect their stuff from the distribution center with freighters.

What kind of setup are you running, to have several? Care to share some tips? I only have 4 sectors so far, but I see it growing soon, as I'm on my way to research an OCV T as personal ship, and already have several OCV M7s in my fleet (and man, if you haven't seen your G 1shot an M6 before, you are missing out)

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 00:40

Sirrobert wrote:
VincentTH wrote:Hostile came to my sector instead!!!! In my setup, IDN node sometimes span 2 sectors, e.g. US beta and Y Alpha. US Beta has defense at the North gste, but hostile slip past the defense and break havoc in Alpha, killing IDN freighters.
Yikes. Needs more lasertowers.
And Orbital Weapon Platforms.

As for network, do you have an organized network? Personally I just clump all my stations in a single network, give them enough freighters, give those freighters enough jump fuel, and call it a day (they refuel every time they dock anywhere, so no chance of running out either).
Well, I have 1 network for food, and 1 for the rest. The rest gets their food from the distribution center. I may even change that back to a single network.

Either way, I collect all of that in a single distribution center, and the other sanctuaries collect their stuff from the distribution center with freighters.

What kind of setup are you running, to have several? Care to share some tips? I only have 4 sectors so far, but I see it growing soon, as I'm on my way to research an OCV T as personal ship, and already have several OCV M7s in my fleet (and man, if you haven't seen your G 1shot an M6 before, you are missing out)
The limiting factor is the availability of ECells.

At the start of the game, ECs are abundant, so, say I can set up US Omega to build stations and have extra slots to build an SPP + 2 Crystal fabs (1 Scruffin Fruit, 1 Teladianium, 1 Chelt, 1 Rastar, 1 Wheat, 1 Cloth Rimes, 2 Xtal Fabs, 1 SPP). I would buy both ECs and Meatsteak from the Argon and import via Courier the SIlicon Wafer from US Beta. (At the start of the game, I limit myself to only taking US Beta, and Z-Alpha, and play nice to the Argons, Borons and Teladis, in order not to be attacked).

Now, after the OCV invasion(s), most NPC Solar Power Plants are wiped out or under hostile factions, so buying ECs is no longer an option. That forces me to group 2 sectors into one IDN network (8+ slots to produce EC, and the remaining slots for building ships etc....).

The limiting factor in current MayHem setup is the number of stations an SPP can serve. At 150% Sun, an SPP can serve 22 factories, 11 of which is used by the SPP itself (3x Cattle, 3x Cahoona, 3x Crystal, 1 SPP, 1 Silicon mine). The excess Cahoona are used for building missile, and the excess Crystal for making medium guns. That's why I would need 2 sectors to serve 1 IDN network with 1 Sanctuary and optionally 1 Research center.

I normally group my IDN network based on what I intend it to produce: Medium laser (BoFu) vs Heavy laser (Soja Husk), Station (Tela, Rimes, Rastar) vs Ship (QTube, uChip, Comp) production etc...

I would think the output of SPPs need to be increased, but that is something Joubarbe will have to decide.

Hope this helps,

phoenixfire53
x3ap

Post by phoenixfire53 » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 16:43

Joubarbe, any plans to modify the ship building sanctuary menu to account for the cost of applying a template loadout? Or at the very least run a check against the resource cost and if there isn't enough cancel the order and push a message to the log. Then add an Override:Y/N in the menu to push the request through anyway if the user wants.

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 19:08

@vincentTH
If you increase the output of the SPP, then you will also have to increase the number of feeder stations. (crystals+food+bio)

Fun-X
x4

Post by Fun-X » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 19:11

@joubarbe
Congratulations on 100 pages of posts!

And thanks for all the hard work.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 19:14

phoenixfire53 wrote:Joubarbe, any plans to modify the ship building sanctuary menu to account for the cost of applying a template loadout? Or at the very least run a check against the resource cost and if there isn't enough cancel the order and push a message to the log. Then add an Override:Y/N in the menu to push the request through anyway if the user wants.
What actually happens if you order to build buy template, and there is not enough to fulfil the template? Doesn't it just build regular without the template?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 19:21

Fun-X wrote:@vincentTH
If you increase the output of the SPP, then you will also have to increase the number of feeder stations. (crystals+food+bio)
I am not familiar with the codes, but can't we just increase the SPP output, but keep the input the same, say, from 5K currently to, say 7k, keeping the input the same (assuming 150% Sun factor)?

phoenixfire53
x3ap

Post by phoenixfire53 » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 19:30

Sirrobert wrote:
phoenixfire53 wrote:Joubarbe, any plans to modify the ship building sanctuary menu to account for the cost of applying a template loadout? Or at the very least run a check against the resource cost and if there isn't enough cancel the order and push a message to the log. Then add an Override:Y/N in the menu to push the request through anyway if the user wants.
What actually happens if you order to build buy template, and there is not enough to fulfil the template? Doesn't it just build regular without the template?
Yeah, typically you'll get a bunch of ships missing weapons/shields. As it works now, you need to manually calculate the cost and compare to your stockpile.

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Wed, 19. Apr 17, 20:03

phoenixfire53 wrote:Yeah, typically you'll get a bunch of ships missing weapons/shields. As it works now, you need to manually calculate the cost and compare to your stockpile.
Can't you just manually equip them? Once you hover over the right buttons in the sanctuary, you just need to hit enter a bunch of times and done.

Unless you equip hundreds of fighters at a time (in which case you'd probably already have massive stockpiles of everything you need, so that'd not be a problem), it's almost no extra work.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 20. Apr 17, 01:29

VincentTH wrote:I am not familiar with the codes, but can't we just increase the SPP output, but keep the input the same, say, from 5K currently to, say 7k, keeping the input the same (assuming 150% Sun factor)?
Short answer: No. Long answer: everything is connected, so you can't increase output without increasing resource consumption, and it will also affect things like price (not important to the player, but still), how much end product the station is able to stock and amount produced per cycle. In other words it's a gigantic clusterf**k, and changing one thing will affect everything else.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Dmitry2017

Post by Dmitry2017 » Sat, 22. Apr 17, 20:54

I killed the transport ship and do not see the fallen cargo, why?
I'm using a Bounty mod installed according to the instructions.
If I am delete this mod, then everything will be corrected or not?
I do not see surrendering ships, as in the usual LU?
My combat rating is 20.
Last edited by Dmitry2017 on Sat, 22. Apr 17, 23:29, edited 1 time in total.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Sun, 23. Apr 17, 00:22

Dmitry2017 wrote:I killed the transport ship and do not see the fallen cargo, why?
Did it have any cargo in the first place? If it's empty then chances of it dropping something appears to be quite low. Also, if you have attacked only a handful of ships and nothing has dropped then you might just have been unlucky.
Dmitry2017 wrote:I'm using a Bounty mod installed according to the instructions.
If I am delete this mod, then everything will be corrected or not?
Depends on what you mean by "corrected." As far as I know the bounty board mod doesn't affect anything you have mentioned here.
Dmitry2017 wrote:I do not see surrendering ships, as in the usual LU?
My combat rating is 20.
From the opening post:
Joubarbe wrote:Ships bailing rates have been lowered. They are higher when the attacker is one of your ships. Optional feature.
Also from the opening post:
Joubarbe wrote:Fixed FLC: loot chances are always the same. Optional feature.
In other words your combat ratning won't affect any of this. Also, remember that salvage crews will fly around and claim ships (unless Joubarbe disabled them), so if you're unlucky you will rarely see any abandoned ships because they have already been claimed by NPC salvagers. Also, how's your satellite coverage? With Mayhem things are kind of all over the place, but your best shot is still to park satellites in known conflict areas, as they see frequent invasions and thus there is a higher chance you'll see ships bail there. In fact, I recommend parking satellites in all sectors and then install the Satellites Monitoring mod, as it allow you to easily see dropped wares, abandoned ships and number of enemies in any given sector.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”