[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 09:56

Might be observing some weird behavior with npc carriers but I'm not sure.
I'v been invading the sectors in omecron channel one by one. Last evening, I attacked Tiger Theta which is a split Core.

After I destroyed the split shipyard, a Teladi Emeus (teladi are allied with the split) with 30 landed M3s Jumped in for defence. But it did not launch any of the docked ships. My 2 kvasir destroyed some M6/M7 and took the Emeus's shields to around 30% then I had to retreat.

Second attack, I took the split trading station down. The same teladi emeus jumped in with 30 landed M3's. Also, a Split Tiger jumped in with 30 Landed M3's. None of the two carriers launched its ships... I took their shields to 50-60% and then had to retreat.

On another note, there is an important exploit with the way races react to player attacks. From what I experienced, races mostly send a defence fleet after I destroy a station in a sector. But if I retreat just after they jump in, they jump out. So I jump in again, destroy a station and jump out.
This allows me to invade most sectors (at least those that are in the poorly defended omecron channel) without a fight.

All observations are when I am in sector.
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

gal@cticfear
x3tc

Post by gal@cticfear » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 18:13

Hi, first I would like to say this great mod has brought me back to this game after a while of not playing so thanks for your work.

I do have a question however(apologies if it is obvious, I searched and couldn't find any references to it): in the tutorial messages, one of the tips says "if you provide different types of food you receive a bonus" is this true, and what are the bonuses? Thanks.

myrmidon
x3tc

Post by myrmidon » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 18:27

Jonzac wrote:Quick question. You all have been mentioning "Transporters" and "Suppliers". Did something change in IDN, because all I see are ships assigned to a network. I have never seen that network bring completed products back to the Sanctuary. A I missing something?
...Quick answer: A complete implementation of the IDN networks is required with these keys:

a) good numbers of both Suppliers and Transporters (50/50 ratio?)
b) a single Sanctuary where all IDN networks drop their stuff (such that a large pool of resources if available to all IDN networks)
c) The Sanctuary must be listed in every IDN network to provide a (main) supply source, and a (required) transport destination.
d) Small IDN networks and not a single huge one per Jourbarbe.

Longer answer:

From http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=392034

It says:

Transporters will collect wares from stations and bring them to one of the docks (Equipment dock or Sanctuary), if any.

Suppliers will look at all factories inside their network and will distribute products to fulfill their primary resource needs. They will also take products from your docks to feed other factories.

IDN efficiency requires a great deal of transport of resources back to a dock (the Sanctuary for example). Currently, I view the ratio of Supplier to Transporter to be 50/50.

Wrong: I had 18 Suppliers in three different "Supply networks" and only 4 transporters in a single "Transport network" that only pulled *completed* products back to the Sanctuary. For example: I only pulled MeatSteak Cahnoonas back to the Sanctuary, but not Argnu Beef. I ended up with a bunch of starving factories.

Right: After Joubarbe's recommendations: I balanced out Suppliers vs. Transporters *and* added the Sanctuary to each IDN network...and things started working again. Perhaps the Sanctuary is where the Supplier "first looks" when needing a Resource for a factory.

So going with a balanced approach, with everything going back to the Sanctuary, mostly fixed my IDN networks. 4 Suppliers, 4 Transporters in each network of, say 10 factories provides adequate coverage. It is not perfect...among my six full sectors there are @2-3 factories down for the need of resources on average.

I also have ECell Couriers for each SPP to pull back to Sanctuary. Those Solar Power Plants are very efficient.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 21. Nov 16, 19:46

gal@cticfear wrote:Hi, first I would like to say this great mod has brought me back to this game after a while of not playing so thanks for your work.

I do have a question however(apologies if it is obvious, I searched and couldn't find any references to it): in the tutorial messages, one of the tips says "if you provide different types of food you receive a bonus" is this true, and what are the bonuses? Thanks.
They work faster.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Wed, 23. Nov 16, 12:40

I do not know what is going on.

<before: I was in the sector: shieds: 12394194>
[ external image ]

<after: I was out of the sector: shelds: 12454855>
[ external image ]

When I am in Z Alpha, the mines start to break down. But when I get out of the sector, the shield comes up again. I did not know it at first, but when the pirates rushed in the sector, while fighting against them, the strength of the two mines began to diminish.

If the distance between the mines is so close, then the mines should have been destroyed even if I was not in the sector.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 23. Nov 16, 13:40

Hmm, weird. Maybe a ship in the area that collides against the mine ?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 23. Nov 16, 13:51

@ hanuland: "If the distance between the mines is so close, then the mines should have been destroyed even if I was not in the sector."
There is no collision detection running on them when you are OOS. Touching stations that are different types and not complexed (eg your two mines) will both take damage when you are IS.

Drop an advanced satellite and then press k when IS in that sector's map to see a full model overlay and you should be able to see where they touch or overlap (usually parts of the rocks). You can tractor one mine away from the other until they are clear I would think, or just complex them or cheat them apart.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Wed, 23. Nov 16, 14:25

@Joubarbe: no.:)
@Alan Phipps:

I agree ofc. I also thought like you.

so, I already tried to disassemble PSG fac. and Silicon mine. So there was only one Mine there. Unfortunately the results were the same.

According to your comments, I tested. As far as I can see, there seems to be no conflict.

[ external image ]

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Wed, 23. Nov 16, 14:40

There is something strange.

Of course, I combined several asteroids using tractor system and then moved to this sector, but, why are they showing asteroids on the map?
maybe.... LU's bug? hm... I can not be sure.
I just built a mine on top of the asteroids I moved after combining them.
In my opinion, this is unlikely to be found as long as everyone generally uses the SCH in the LU.
Last edited by hanuland on Wed, 23. Nov 16, 14:54, edited 1 time in total.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 23. Nov 16, 14:53

Hmm yeah, I don't destroy them because of how Litcube imports mines. But what I did is stupid, I did not think of the collisions. Anyway, I still don't get how EI works (the yield is the problem), and I don't have time to look into it right now. Avoid the mining sectors :)

arenoobies
x4

Post by arenoobies » Thu, 24. Nov 16, 23:17

Umm hi there,

I have a problem, I can't seem to set the threshold of my wares in sanctuary/dockmanager.

Capacities and Sources page are fine but threshold didn't show anything :/

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Fri, 25. Nov 16, 09:08

Joubarbe wrote:Hmm yeah, I don't destroy them because of how Litcube imports mines. But what I did is stupid, I did not think of the collisions. Anyway, I still don't get how EI works (the yield is the problem), and I don't have time to look into it right now. Avoid the mining sectors :)
Joubarbe,

For info, yesterday evening I combined and relocated asteroids. When I built mines on them I had the same problem as hanuland (v2.06). BUT, I do not have this problem with the asteroids I combined and relocated in the begining of my game (v2.03/2.04).
Might be a bug that was introduced in later patches and that only applies to new mines?
I did not do any Import Export by the way.

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Sat, 26. Nov 16, 13:56

Joubarbe,

Ever since I conquered Tokyo Lambda, Argon/OTAS trading ships keep on going there even though they can't trade with any station (hostile). I keep on destroying them but they come back.

Here is a save with some ships that I didn't destroy, they just sit next to the gates: https://www.dropbox.com/s/gd31b42wxd7zh ... a.sav?dl=0

blackriderrom
x3tc

Post by blackriderrom » Tue, 29. Nov 16, 00:15

Hello, Joubarbe!

Your mod has brought me back to X3 and I've been playing it extensively over the past few weeks. Thank you a lot for sharing it with us and for constantly updating it to be even better.

I apologize if you've already answered this somewhere earlier on the thread, but I wasn't able to find a mention of this in the past few pages.

Here's the situation:

I expanded south and took out the Xenon Core and all shipyards they had in the other sectors. I had a lot of Xenon Sectors that were far away from it that saw almost no Xenon activity at all, but as soon as their last shipyard was down, almost all of them (and some others with regular names) started being flooded by small Xenon squadrons; some even by capitals coming out of the blue.

I assume this is by design to keep them in the game and offer an expanding player a serious challenge rather than an excellent opportunity to zerg up with nearly reputation-free sectors and then steamroll the other factions, however I ran across an issue in responding to this challenge that I'm not sure is an oversight or also by design: I started deploying lasertower rings around key gates to reduce the amount of micromanagement, and I quickly discovered that almost all lasertower production in the game has ceased at the point I am at with the game, and that I cannot make lasertower production factories myself, nor can I make warheads to supply the remaning ones belonging to allied factions.

Will they be added to player production options in a future patch?

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 29. Nov 16, 17:47

blackriderrom wrote:Here's the situation:

I expanded south and took out the Xenon Core and all shipyards they had in the other sectors. I had a lot of Xenon Sectors that were far away from it that saw almost no Xenon activity at all, but as soon as their last shipyard was down, almost all of them (and some others with regular names) started being flooded by small Xenon squadrons; some even by capitals coming out of the blue.

I assume this is by design to keep them in the game and offer an expanding player a serious challenge rather than an excellent opportunity to zerg up with nearly reputation-free sectors and then steamroll the other factions, however I ran across an issue in responding to this challenge that I'm not sure is an oversight or also by design: I started deploying lasertower rings around key gates to reduce the amount of micromanagement, and I quickly discovered that almost all lasertower production in the game has ceased at the point I am at with the game, and that I cannot make lasertower production factories myself, nor can I make warheads to supply the remaning ones belonging to allied factions.

Will they be added to player production options in a future patch?
Just a comment from the sideline - What you're seeing is not "by design" per se. From what I understand it's how the game engine reacts when you wipe out all the shipyards of a race. The game use shipyards as spawning points for various ships, and if you destroy every single one of them the game does the proverbial table flip and just spawn those ships at random spots all over the place. So in some sense you brought this problem on yourself. :p

Footnote - I thought homeworlds were supposed to be unconquerable, but I guess that doesn't necessarily mean the stations there are indestructible ...
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 08:17

Now, Xenon sectors are forbidden area.
if anyone destroy the Xenon Sector's stations, xenon ships will start spawning indiscriminately anywhere within your captured sector.
This is seem to similar that ATF ships are indiscriminately spawning even no shipyard in Mayhem 1.

I think the pirate sector will be the same.

Currently, if you break all stations in the core sector and try to take over the sector, it is being denied.

Therefore, attempting to take over the core sector is pointless, and it is also dangerous to break the stations. They do not come through the sector entrance no more, they are spawned randomly in outer space of your sectors.

blackriderrom
x3tc

Post by blackriderrom » Thu, 1. Dec 16, 19:32

@Zaitsev @hanuland Thank you for your input. I wasn't aware that's how the engine worked.

I was hoping they'd just rebuild the shipyard in the core sector after a while. I scripted the shipyard back into the core sector and the spawns are once again coming from it.

hanuland
x4

Post by hanuland » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 00:17

Hello, Joubarbe.
I have a question.

I bought one 'Alpha particle cannon' from 'Trinity corp.' via 'Ministry of War' menu. The price is 1,215,360 cr. per one. At first I misunderstand this was a blueprint. Because the price is too expensive.

But the mammoth came and really left one of the 'Alpha particle cannon' in the sanctuary. hahaha.... Oh, my God.:o

However, the price of the original Alpha particle cannon is just 81,024 cr. I really can not understand why these Corporations exist. What is this about? Is it really the intended price? :(

elvin-nsk
x3ap

Post by elvin-nsk » Fri, 2. Dec 16, 06:29

hanuland wrote:However, the price of the original Alpha particle cannon is just 81,024 cr. I really can not understand why these Corporations exist. What is this about? Is it really the intended price? :(
You should rise reputation with them, the price will evenually drop down to game's average.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”