[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 15:20

Full Mayhem with all options enabled (particles in 12 and dark milky way in 13).

Mesthione
x4

Post by Mesthione » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 18:03

Dumb question, but is it possible to change a ship's color in mayhem? I can't seem to find the option anywhere, even on the Sanctuary hangar interface...

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 18:14

It's not. Probably not that hard to do, will look into it.

Hector0x
x3tc

Post by Hector0x » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 19:22

Mesthione wrote:Dumb question, but is it possible to change a ship's color in mayhem? I can't seem to find the option anywhere, even on the Sanctuary hangar interface...
It seems like you have to use a script command for that.

> General object commands > set color
The values for hue and saturation can range between 0 and 256 i think.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 19:29

256 values, so 0 to 255 :)

dontshoot
x3tc

Post by dontshoot » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 19:49

Any hints on how to get started with boarding? I fail regulary at boarding M6, because I have no scraps to make better equipment.
Is it intended to sacrifice > 20 marines per M6 when using starter equipment?

Also, can I reinforce a boarding party when they loose men? All I seem to get is a message that a boarding is already in progress. Do I have to wait until they are all dead before I can send a new wave?

Edit: I use the "better marines" perk, so they all have skills in the 20-30 range.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 20:14

You can't bring reinforcements. There's a good help section about marines in the encyclopedia.

Try to board TM first. They are the easy ones. M6 are a bit harder, and I'd recommend 3 or 4 men with caliber 2 weapons for them. Rifts of difficulty 1 are also a good training field (harder than TMs).

(yeah, many players forget that you can board TM as well in vanilla)

IceExplosive
x3ap

Post by IceExplosive » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 22:03

dontshoot wrote:Any hints on how to get started with boarding? I fail regulary at boarding M6, because I have no scraps to make better equipment.

Also, can I reinforce a boarding party when they loose men? All I seem to get is a message that a boarding is already in progress. Do I have to wait until they are all dead before I can send a new wave?

Edit: I use the "better marines" perk, so they all have skills in the 20-30 range.
How does it actually work?
I'm either dumb or missed something obvious.

I got still that basic Springbloosom, 8 marines on board, transport device installed, yet if I destroy shields of pirate M6, click on it and use Launch attack: Board marines or how is it called, I can hear 'Command accepted' and nothing happens. Marines still on board, list of boarding missions in progress is empty...

Can anyone give me a helping hand, please?

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 22:32

Do you see a countdown before the actual attack is launched, and a menu to select the marines you want to send? If not, there's a problem somewhere, probably from your side :)

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 22:43

IceExplosive wrote:
dontshoot wrote:Any hints on how to get started with boarding? I fail regulary at boarding M6, because I have no scraps to make better equipment.

How does it actually work?
I'm either dumb or missed something obvious.

I got still that basic Springbloosom, 8 marines on board, transport device installed, yet if I destroy shields of pirate M6, click on it and use Launch attack: Board marines or how is it called, I can hear 'Command accepted' and nothing happens. Marines still on board, list of boarding missions in progress is empty...

Can anyone give me a helping hand, please?
The hotkey doesn't work, you need to do that through the command console (Piracy -> Board ship)
Joubarbe wrote:Do you see a countdown before the actual attack is launched, and a menu to select the marines you want to send? If not, there's a problem somewhere, probably from your side :)
The launch marines command in the target menu seems to be doing vanilla spacewalk procedures. Pretty sure I installed everything correctly. Tested it in 2.5.0 though ...

dontshoot
x3tc

Post by dontshoot » Sun, 22. Jul 18, 22:45

Some things I noticed while boarding TMs:
If the TM has a full cargo hold, you lose all loot/scraps after boarding. They are not ejected into space. The marines however get transported to a (random?) sanctuary.

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 00:07

Ships seem to always head towards your first (?) sanctuary. I also noticed that they can refuse to jump (even if they have fuel and jumpdrive). Only my first TM jumped where I wanted it to. 3 TMs I boarded later didn't do anything (the command was "none" when I ordered them to jump).

dontshoot
x3tc

Post by dontshoot » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 00:34

That happend to me too. Most jump as they should, but I had one that did not.
They seem to head to the closest sanctuary.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 03:14

deleted
Last edited by tatakau on Wed, 12. Jun 19, 11:14, edited 1 time in total.

Happyblue
x4

Post by Happyblue » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 03:36

tatakau wrote:This might be a dumb question, because I never played LU, and only started Mayhem a few weeks ago...

I know that the colored crystals are used for ship upgrades, but what the heck are the colored minerals for? I can't seem to find a use for them!

eg: blue mineral, green mineral, gold mineral, orange mineral, purple mineral, red mineral, silver mineral, etc.
They have no use other than for selling. They are great for early game money making. Personally I take the miner start and get to the closest mining outpost as soon as I can. Fly the beginner transport in another sector and set the miner to OOS automine the outpost sector then when full sell the ore and minerals at the outpost. I got lucky in Duke's Domain this time around with a NMMC outpost and ton of Nividium as well as minerals.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 03:51

deleted

djmidex
x4

Post by djmidex » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 04:02

Joubarbe, Is it possible to make sector blacklist for "deploy satellite network" command?
My explorers always get destroyed crossing pirate sectors. So annoying.

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 04:24

deleted

Fureimuu
x3ap

Post by Fureimuu » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 05:23

tatakau wrote:Ditto on explorers, they could use some settings, as mine keep getting blown away. Not a cheap loss in early game especially, as they often are carrying satellites. Though, I don't think this is Joubarbe's script...

Another question. What is the most effective mining ship? I have Pirate Cutlass Miners right now, home-based to their Sanctuary.
Any TS pretty much. Pick the one with the highest robustness and(or) cargobay capacity. Make sure to have QJE and extra speed perks, they make a huge difference!

tatakau
x3tc

Post by tatakau » Mon, 23. Jul 18, 05:32

deleted

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”