EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

[X3LU] Mayhem 2.2.1
Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 173, 174, 175  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic
hanuland

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sat, 16. Sep 17, 17:46    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

dragonblue14 wrote:
hanuland wrote:
VincentTH wrote:
hanuland wrote:

By the way, there is no Argnu Beef in Sanctuary.

Cattle Ranch factory makes the Arnu Beef!!!!

I mean, there is no item list in sanctuary.

Same with BoGas - I found you have to put some in the sanctuary then add in the stockroom tab. Only then you can set buy/station sources for it.

I knew. but this is not the problem.

ha......

Are you doing this because you don't really know them?

These were the ones that existed on every sanctuary.

Are you new to Mayhem?

Falcrack

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Sep 17, 19:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I'm new to Mayhem, and first of all, I want to say you've done a fantastic job Joubarbe (Great jaerb joubarbe!).

I have a few questions for you or anyone that is knowledgeable enough to answer them.

1. Rufugees in sanctuaries. What is the point? Why do we need them? What benefit is it to have more?

2. Do NPC owned shipyards requires ware to produce ships, like player owned sanctuaries? It would be a cool feature if it did. Basically the main feature I was hoping for from X-timelines that was cancelled so long ago.

3. Are NPC trading ships equipped with jump drives and use them like UTs, or do they still take the "slow boat to China" approach of flying through multiple gates, including Xenon sectors?

4. Are different types of food consumed at different rates? Is food consumption related to production cost, with more expensive foods being consumed at a slower rate? Is there a benefit to multiple food types at my sanctuary, or is a single food type sufficient? Do different types of food help attract refugees from different areas?

5. What force level should I have ready for the 1st wave of OCV after 24 hours, assuming I have not raised my threat level by taking over sectors?

6. Why no OWPs for NPCs?

7. I haven't seen any TLs in my game so far, are they not in the game now?

8. Can I completely wipe out pirate or xenon sectors, such that they will not spawn in those sectors if I take it them over to make them my own?

That's it for now, I have more questions but will try to save them for another time!

lostProfitssssArrgh

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Sep 17, 20:58    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

dragonblue14 wrote:
lostProfitssssArrgh wrote:
Hi,

It sounds like you guys need some info on this feature:

http://litcube.xtimelines.net/wiki/index.php/Feature_DockWareMgr

Hope this helps,
-lpa

Let me rephrase. The "add default sanctuary products" command misses out on some products. You will have to add those manually.

Replace the contents of 'Mayhem.Cmd.AddSanctuaryDefaultProducts.xml' with this to add every ware in the game.
Code:

if not [THIS]-> is of type {*** UNDEFINED *** (SS_DOCK_SANCTUARY)}
display info box: text= 'Cannot apply this command on non-Sanctuary stations', icon= 66, timeout= 5000, fadeout= 1000
return null
end

set script command: [COMMAND_SANCTUARY_DEFAULT_PRODUCTS]

$allWares = array alloc: size=0

$wares = get wares of maintype: maintype= [SSTYPE_LASER]
append $wares to array $allWares

$wares = get wares of maintype: maintype= [SSTYPE_MISSILE]

$wares = get wares of maintype: maintype= [SSTYPE_SHIELD]

$wares = get wares of maintype: maintype= [SSTYPE_W_BIO]

$wares = get wares of maintype: maintype= [SSTYPE_W_ENERGY]

$wares = get wares of maintype: maintype= [SSTYPE_W_FOOD]

$wares = get wares of maintype: maintype= [SSTYPE_W_MINERALS]

$wares = get wares of maintype: maintype= [SSTYPE_W_NATURAL]

$wares = get wares of maintype: maintype= [SSTYPE_W_TECH]

$DockWareManagerInfo = [THIS]-> get local variable: name='LitQB.DockWareManager.Wares'
$DockManager.Wares = $DockWareManagerInfo[0]
$DockManager.Capacity = $DockWareManagerInfo[1]
$DockManager.Sources = $DockWareManagerInfo[2]
$DockManager.Overstock = $DockWareManagerInfo[3]

for each $ware in array $allWares
skip if [THIS]-> uses ware $ware as product
[THIS]-> add product to factory or dock: $ware
if not find $ware in array: $DockManager.Wares
$CapacityCurrent = 1000
append $ware to array $DockManager.Wares
append $CapacityCurrent to array $DockManager.Capacity
$SourceCurrent = array alloc: size=2
append $SourceCurrent to array $DockManager.Sources
append [TRUE] to array $DockManager.Overstock
end
end

$DockWareManagerInfo[0] = $DockManager.Wares
$DockWareManagerInfo[1] = $DockManager.Capacity
$DockWareManagerInfo[2] = $DockManager.Sources
$DockWareManagerInfo[3] = $DockManager.Overstock
[THIS]-> set local variable: name='LitQB.DockWareManager.Wares' value=$DockWareManagerInfo

display info box: text= 'Done', icon= 11, timeout= 5000, fadeout= 1000

[THIS]-> set local variable: name='mayhem_subMenu' value=2
START [THIS]-> call script 'Menu.DWM' :

return null

VincentTH

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 16. Sep 17, 22:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I try to answer as much as possible based on my observations (not from reading the codes, however).

Falcrack wrote:
I'm new to Mayhem, and first of all, I want to say you've done a fantastic job Joubarbe (Great jaerb joubarbe!).

I have a few questions for you or anyone that is knowledgeable enough to answer them.

1. Rufugees in sanctuaries. What is the point? Why do we need them? What benefit is it to have more?

Refugees are a way to help the player populate the workers that are needed for productions in the Sanctuary. Of course, you can collect astronauts or buy Slaves (then convert them to workers in the Hangar).

Quote:

2. Do NPC owned shipyards requires ware to produce ships, like player owned sanctuaries? It would be a cool feature if it did. Basically the main feature I was hoping for from X-timelines that was cancelled so long ago.

No. But the ship production are timed and have a quota, I believe.

Quote:

3. Are NPC trading ships equipped with jump drives and use them like UTs, or do they still take the "slow boat to China" approach of flying through multiple gates, including Xenon sectors?

No because as in vanilla, if they can do that, there is nothing left for the player to do Smile

Quote:

4. Are different types of food consumed at different rates? Is food consumption related to production cost, with more expensive foods being consumed at a slower rate? Is there a benefit to multiple food types at my sanctuary, or is a single food type sufficient? Do different types of food help attract refugees from different areas?
In previous versions, the workers prefer to consume better food than the cheap Scruffin fruit. The consumption rate is the same for all food Not sure about 2.x version, although the consumption rate has been reduced in this version. It was worse in 1.x.
Joubarbe has posted here that multiple food sources would allow faster production.
[EDIT] ( in 1.x 1 worker consumes 3 scruffin fruit or 3 meat steak in 10mins (2 units of food in 2.x).

Quote:

5. What force level should I have ready for the 1st wave of OCV after 24 hours, assuming I have not raised my threat level by taking over sectors?

If your threat level is less than 7, the invasion force is just a few M6 and a few fighters. so if you have an M6, a few OWPs and some LTs should be enough to handle them. For more details, the threat level and the corresponding OCV force is given in details in one of the "t" files.

An OCV invasion force is actually a good chance for you to scan some OCV ships for blueprints. IMHO, OCV ships are the best.

Quote:

6. Why no OWPs for NPCs?
OWPs for NPC have been disabled by MayHem mod, don't know why.

Quote:

7. I haven't seen any TLs in my game so far, are they not in the game now?
They have TLs in core sectors, you just have not found them.

Quote:

8. Can I completely wipe out pirate or xenon sectors, such that they will not spawn in those sectors if I take it them over to make them my own?

You can wipe out pirates and/or race sectors and claim for your faction, except there is one last sector for each faction that is invulnerable (i.e. you cannot claim it).

Quote:

That's it for now, I have more questions but will try to save them for another time!

Hope this helps, I may not have answered everything correctly, however, and Joubarbe has the final say as usual.

lostProfitssssArrgh

PostPosted: Sun, 17. Sep 17, 15:31    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

VincentTH wrote:
Falcrack wrote:

6. Why no OWPs for NPCs?

OWPs for NPC have been disabled by MayHem mod, don't know why.

Form the horse's (err Panda's) mouth:

Mayhem page 1 wrote:

To make things more chaotic and make Battle Groups more useful, all Orbital Weapons Platforms have been removed from the universe, but you can build your own OWPs.

Falcrack

PostPosted: Sun, 17. Sep 17, 23:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Back to the topic of food, when there are more varieties of food present, is each individual food type consumed more slowly? For example, if only one food type is present, it will be consumed at a 100% rate, but if 5 type of food are present, each will only be consumed at 20% of their normal rate. Is this how it works in Mayhem?

Also regarding food consumption, some foods are more expensive than others. Are the more expensive varieties consumed more slowly? If all varieties are consumed at the same rate, it would make the most sense to only get the cheapest food types. If our workers can live entirely off of ramen noodles, then ramen noodles is what they will get the rest of their lives!

Falcrack

PostPosted: Sun, 17. Sep 17, 23:27    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Another question, is there a way in Mayhem to relocate stations in your owned sectors, like OWPs can be relocated? Maybe make it so that they can no be relocated while enemies are in a sector? I find after building up my stations in my starting sector, their placement is not conducive to an efficient operation, and it would be nice to position some factories in a more logical fashion. Or move factories to a more defensible position, instead of right near the gate, given that we cannot place OWPs too near the gate to defend those factories.

Joubarbe

PostPosted: Sun, 17. Sep 17, 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Ramen noodles are lame. Their calories/density factor is low. Always prefer rice, lens and semolina. Trekker advice.

Disassemble your stations and rebuild them. And in the first place, don't build them where you don't want them.

lostProfitssssArrgh

PostPosted: Sun, 17. Sep 17, 23:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Falcrack wrote:

...when there are more varieties of food present...

I just looked through the code and it seems that all food types are treated equally regardless of their cost. A type of food is chosen at random when it's time to eat.

Also, a 1% production bonus is granted for each extra type of food available beyond 1.

Flacrack wrote:

...is there a way in Mayhem to relocate stations in your owned sectors...

Nope. You'll have to go through the script editor to move a station.
EDIT: Master Panda did include a non-cheat way of moving stations Smile

Falcrack

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 01:38    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Joubarbe wrote:
Ramen noodles are lame. Their calories/density factor is low. Always prefer rice, lens and semolina. Trekker advice.

Disassemble your stations and rebuild them. And in the first place, don't build them where you don't want them.

The calories/cost ratio of ramens, however, is extremely high!

VincentTH

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 08:01    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Falcrack wrote:
Another question, is there a way in Mayhem to relocate stations in your owned sectors, like OWPs can be relocated? Maybe make it so that they can no be relocated while enemies are in a sector? I find after building up my stations in my starting sector, their placement is not conducive to an efficient operation, and it would be nice to position some factories in a more logical fashion. Or move factories to a more defensible position, instead of right near the gate, given that we cannot place OWPs too near the gate to defend those factories.

It is even worse for me.

In V-Beta, I destroyed the pirate shipyard and every ship, except one miner which is Invulnerable. I put in a fleet of 7G's+Washi's pounding on it, but it would not budge. As a result, I can't build anything in the sector!!!! Sad

Sirrobert

PostPosted: Mon, 18. Sep 17, 09:40    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Invincible ships is an early sign of a bad install.

Falcrack

PostPosted: Tue, 19. Sep 17, 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Question: What do slaves do? I had a few just show up at my sanctuaries. What benefit if any do I derive from them?

lostProfitssssArrgh

PostPosted: Tue, 19. Sep 17, 15:42    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

When a sanctuary receives population beyond its capacity (through refugees or offloaded from your ship), the extra people are turned into slaves. Doing so turns them into 'cargo' ware and allows you to transport them, providing that a 'Cargo bay life support' upgrade is installed. Slaves can be turned back into population using the command at the bottom of the docking bay page.

EDIT: additionally, slaves can be bought at Pirate stations or Strong Arms HQ (in Thynn's Excavation) if you need to populate a Sanctuary quickly.

Falcrack

PostPosted: Tue, 19. Sep 17, 16:08    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Thanks for the clarification! Also, I have collected a few artefacts. I read that they can boost research. Do I need to transfer them to a research station? I tried to dock, but I couldn't. Do they provide a research boost on my ship, or do they need to be located in my sanctuary?

Post new topic Reply to topic Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 140, 141, 142 ... 173, 174, 175  Next