[X3LU] Mayhem 2.7.6

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

lostProfitssssArrgh

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 15:20

More on the MLCC dock problem:

I was looking at Mayhem.BuildStation.xml

line 144:

Code: Select all

if ($type == {Argon OTAS McCallum Equipment Dock} OR $type == {Argon OTAS Starliner Equipment Dock}) AND $owner == [Player]

= $station-> call script 'Lib.Cmd.InstallMLCC' : Install=[TRUE]

end
So I open open Lib.Cmd.InstallMLCC.xml and take a look. Neither of those two scripts mention the local var 'mayhem_repairSanctuary'.

I'll keep looking...

lostProfitssssArrgh

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 15:33

Bumping because I'm a big dumb455...

I had to go through the code to find out that there is an option to specify which sanctuary the MLCC ships should go to for repairs. :headbang:

I can't tell if I actually changed this myself or if it defaulted to Y-Alpha.

My apologies for the mess,
LPA

UPDATE : I ran a 'search in files' for the string "mayhem_repairSanctuary". It is only mentioned in Lib.Cmd.MLCC.S.Retreat.xml and Menu.DWM.SM.xml...

In conclusion : the default behavior IS to set the repair sanctuary to the one nearest to Legend's Home.

VincentTH

Post by VincentTH » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 17:56

@JOubarbe

Thanks for the fix. Weird bug eh?

Minor workaround for someone:

I took over Split Fire and could not build any stations. The error said there were hostile ships in the sector. After scratching my head for quite some times, I figured that those "hostile ships" were those navigation beacons that the pirates left behind, although they showed up as blue icon (i.e. non-hostile).

The workaround is to destroy them all.

Hope this helps someone!!!!!

Joubarbe

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 28. Aug 17, 18:11

I'll fix that as well. You're a bug magnet :)

mib666007

Post by mib666007 » Fri, 1. Sep 17, 22:36

SO I did the "from scratch" start. Claimed a sector(Unknown Sector Omega), the one I used in a game many patches before. Before I knew it, Argon was killing my base with a fleet. Do they attack me at neutral reputation? Also how do I see my "threat level"?

Joubarbe

Post by Joubarbe » Fri, 1. Sep 17, 22:38

Yeah, 0 is hostile.

Threat level, you don't. (will change in future)

lostProfitssssArrgh

Post by lostProfitssssArrgh » Sat, 2. Sep 17, 05:49

@Joubarbe

Got a question and a few observations (read: opinions) for you.

1. What's the time-base for the OCV invasion global var? I'm not sure whether I changed that by mistake but it seems they haven't pestered me for longer than usual (12-36 hrs right?).

2. Some suggestions for 2.2.0:

- Easy game start (mentioned earlier) : factions don't claim single-gate Unknown Sectors. PX starter ship? (no rev. engineering, see below)
- Specialty re-rolls : either give the player a one-time choice (should come blank) or remove entirely. They're exploitable as it is (reload).
- OCV ships unavailable to the player, period. They're too OP, especially the Os. I guess that also implies removing the Kyon weapons as well.
- Don't forget about the Normal start exploit...
- Same as above wr/t research exploit.
- I have some doubts about the large OWP docking 20 fighters. That's potentially 160 fighters. I might be biased because of the Os though.

Hope this helps, and thanks again for all the fun :)
-lpa

unforged

Post by unforged » Mon, 4. Sep 17, 02:02

Trying to decide if I want to play LU with Mayhem or not, especially given that Phanon+ and Rev+ are bugged. @Joubarbe: could we get some idea of your time schedule/progress regarding 2.2.0? Not to pressure or be ******, just don't want to start a Mayhem playthrough if the update is around the corner.

Joubarbe

Post by Joubarbe » Mon, 4. Sep 17, 08:19

2.2.0 is a long-term project, and I have other priorities right now. It won't happen before months.

unforged

Post by unforged » Mon, 4. Sep 17, 14:54

Joubarbe wrote:2.2.0 is a long-term project, and I have other priorities right now. It won't happen before months.
Cool. Thanks a lot for the quick reply!

edit: any chance of a patch before 2.2.0 to keep Terran/ATF allied? :P

fia168

Post by fia168 » Tue, 5. Sep 17, 18:36

Did you think that you would remove all missile ships from the game? In my opinion, they have only problems.

Jeames

Post by Jeames » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 05:03

Hi, my dock-agents (gather/supply) don't interact with my solar power plant. My energy cell source is set to the SPP, and a freighter manages to collect the energy, but it leaves me unable to automatically supply crystals. Also, I have multiple of both dock-agent types, and I constructed factories before and after without said issues. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

The save file, if of interest.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/ns3xi6a5rbonuho/X01.sav

Sirrobert

Post by Sirrobert » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 07:41

Jeames wrote:Hi, my dock-agents (gather/supply) don't interact with my solar power plant. My energy cell source is set to the SPP, and a freighter manages to collect the energy, but it leaves me unable to automatically supply crystals. Also, I have multiple of both dock-agent types, and I constructed factories before and after without said issues. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Stations are supplied by Station Agents. Dock Agents only manage goods in the dock.
Use the IDN for what you want.
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Jeames

Post by Jeames » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 09:09

Sirrobert wrote:
Jeames wrote:Hi, my dock-agents (gather/supply) don't interact with my solar power plant. My energy cell source is set to the SPP, and a freighter manages to collect the energy, but it leaves me unable to automatically supply crystals. Also, I have multiple of both dock-agent types, and I constructed factories before and after without said issues. Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

Stations are supplied by Station Agents. Dock Agents only manage goods in the dock.
Use the IDN for what you want.
The latest version uses dock-agents for supplying and collecting from stations in the same sector as the home sanctuary, and this feature works fine for every station except the SPP.

Joubarbe

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 7. Sep 17, 09:21

Did you set the import/export thresholds accordingly?

@Sirrobert: local versions of IDN are now included in Mayhem.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”