[X3LU] Mayhem 3.21b

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Sun, 26. Feb 17, 17:20

Joubarbe wrote:Version 2.08 (26/02/2017)

Instructions: overwrite files. No need to update .cat/.dat files.
  • FIX: Asteroid collisions with player mines. EI files updated.
  • FIX: Blueprint market (was only showing Argon ships).
  • FIX: Player stations did not have default shields (they had more).
  • FIX: All ships are properly undocked when you disassemble one of your stations.
Also, the mod archives are now in .zip format and the link to Mayhem 1 has been fixed.
Wow, that is great! Thanks for this wonderful mod, and constant support for it!!!!

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 02:20

is anyone else getting a corrupted game with the 2.08 upgrade? My game freezes just 30 seconds or so after the last save. I played with 2.08 all night, but now the save I had freezes.

Any ideas?

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 03:51

I just wanted to say that is is an excellent mod and really forces you to change the way you think about things. I managed to get a small operation up in my core sector, but am a bit daunted on how best to expand. It seems that the key thing will be get a nearly self sustaining set of sector up as soon as possible, but I foresee lots of trouble with the infrastructure needed for SPP. How do you recommend building out your first sectors and how do you guys handle moving resources from distant sectors?

At first blush, it seems that each of my sectors should become self sustaining using the Plutarch asteroid gear, but it does feel like you'll have a ton of trouble keeping the SPP running. Do you guys just buy crystals? I'd also like to keep a minimum stock on my sanctuaries, but don't seem to be able to find a way to do that.

Thanks again and congrats on a great mod!
I'm your worst nightmare....

Apocalypse Incorporated; destroying a planet near you!

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 04:15

You can't build a self sustaining sector. It takes 7 factories to build support for just one SSP So you can't Corbin a lot of extra factories after that.

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 04:24

Got it, so what would you recommend then? I feel the first sector can focus on station building resources and then import crystals and the second sector could then help with ship resources.

Also, how aggressive are the first raids? I want to blitz to grab an unoccupied sector, but the cascade of decreasing rep feels like a big risk to me getting wiped out early.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Tue, 28. Feb 17, 06:24

The Cuban Nightmare wrote:the cascade of decreasing rep feels like a big risk to me getting wiped out early.
If you want to avoid that and don't mind a bit of grinding, work to get your Boron rep up to 8. Once you hit 8 the decreasing rep mechanism is halted, and you can safely conquer all the sectors you want as long as your Boron rep doesn't drop below 8. Just remember that there is still a rep hit for conquering sectors, so you still got to be careful. Think of it as a reward for sucking up to a peace loving species or something. :p
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Wed, 1. Mar 17, 02:37

Fair enough, I did notice you can toggle that feature in the options and so I did for my first play through since RL is leaving me limited time to play. I got a reaper, a few freighters and my first mining baldric set up so things are moving along. I got a scan of a sirokos and a marauder so it seems the next steps are to get a TL, expand the mining fleet and set up my next sectors.

Out of curiosity, is there a way to blue prints for a race you are friendly with? I'd like to get Terran ships, but not necessarily be an outsider.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Wed, 1. Mar 17, 02:59

The Cuban Nightmare wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a way to blue prints for a race you are friendly with? I'd like to get Terran ships, but not necessarily be an outsider.
It'll require some effort, but if you can manage to find a decent battle between terrans and some other faction it's just a matter of waiting til the right moment and then scan whatever ship you want when their shields drop below 5%. The ship you're scanning will turn hostile, but as long as you don't shoot at it there shouldn't be any rep loss. The ship you scanned will also turn friendly again if you jump out and leave it alone for a while.

If you want something like a TL, which usually doesn't enter combat, I'm afraid you have to find one and shoot at it til the shields drop low enough for you to scan it. If you take care and don't damage the hull, the rep loss is negligible though.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 1. Mar 17, 17:02

Zaitsev wrote:
The Cuban Nightmare wrote:Out of curiosity, is there a way to blue prints for a race you are friendly with? I'd like to get Terran ships, but not necessarily be an outsider.
It'll require some effort, but if you can manage to find a decent battle between terrans and some other faction it's just a matter of waiting til the right moment and then scan whatever ship you want when their shields drop below 5%. The ship you're scanning will turn hostile, but as long as you don't shoot at it there shouldn't be any rep loss. The ship you scanned will also turn friendly again if you jump out and leave it alone for a while.

If you want something like a TL, which usually doesn't enter combat, I'm afraid you have to find one and shoot at it til the shields drop low enough for you to scan it. If you take care and don't damage the hull, the rep loss is negligible though.
I just turn it off. At a later stage of the game, that feature is OK, but at the beginning, that feature lead to your destruction pretty quick if you claim 3, 4 sectors at the start.

I would think a player should be allowed some time to set up (like 1 day) before the rep loss feature should kick in. Otherwise, people just turn it off. If you start the game, and all of a sudden 3 major races have -5 rep with you, and the few sectors you claimed (and could not defend) are getting invaded, then your game is going down fast!!!!

tearing

Post by tearing » Thu, 2. Mar 17, 17:23

that might be the reason this mod called mayhem.

or if you want, you can add some line that put a "floor" where the rep wont go down any lower because of overtime reputation loss.

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Thu, 2. Mar 17, 21:40

Or you can grow some balls and face the heat.

The Cuban Nightmare
x3

Post by The Cuban Nightmare » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 03:25

Joubarbe wrote:Or you can grow some balls and face the heat.
Well I read the documentation through and it looks like I get invaded from adjacent sectors only so you can manage it through good diplomacy. I pissed off most of the races, but managed to cap a hoshi, Aran and a tempestine to provide defense. I've fended off a few Xenon Cs but seem to be okay so far after two days in game. Great mod!

By the way, is it intentional that when you recycle an Aran that it gives you the same amount of resources as a M6? Looks to be an artefact of the ship price being around 30mm.

Also, I know you can get software upgrades by paying with crystals, but is there a way to expand the software available for upgrade at a sanctuary? I was looking for licensing options, but didn't see any way to get the software I was missing. Maybe I'm being dense, but figured I would ask

Jonzac
x3tc

Post by Jonzac » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 06:06

Most softwares upgrades are included in the basic build. Like duplex, docking comp, jumpdrive, etc

Sirrobert
x3ap

Post by Sirrobert » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 10:06

Joubarbe wrote:Or you can grow some balls and face the heat.
I still haven't had the balls to start up the game after the OCV spawned a sector next to my main base of operations. :roll:
9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm crazy. The 10th is singing the music from Tetris

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 10:11

Hey Joubarbe,

Glad to see you back. Was wondering how come this mod stopped moving forward last months.

One question, i want to change the player home sector to albion alpha. Is it enough to change the following line in setup.Mayhem.xml?

Code: Select all

<line linenr="029" indent="">
			<var>$homeSector</var>
			<text> </text>
			<text>=</text>
			<text> </text>
			<var>[Unknown Sector Omega]</var>
To

Code: Select all

<line linenr="029" indent="">
			<var>$homeSector</var>
			<text> </text>
			<text>=</text>
			<text> </text>
			<var>[Albion Alpha]</var>
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

tearing

Post by tearing » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 12:11

modding are much more complicated than that.

that might change player's home sector(i am not sure about it).
but it wont change how the starting plot behave, or other stuff.

you need to change plot script, universe map, sector stats generator etc etc and etc

Dr2i

Post by Dr2i » Fri, 3. Mar 17, 12:21

tearing wrote:modding are much more complicated than that.

that might change player's home sector(i am not sure about it).
but it wont change how the starting plot behave, or other stuff.

you need to change plot script, universe map, sector stats generator etc etc and etc
I'm actually interested in just changing the player's home sector. For other stuff i can cheat pack it into Albion Alpha.
But I am not sure of the consequences
I'm naturally unfriendly sometimes. Don't take what I say too badly.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 7. Mar 17, 17:32

I have a bug to report:
Argon captured the sector, just a few moments after I jump into the sector and claim it for myself.
But Argons continue to build stations in there :)
So they are building the infrastructure for me for free, and I can dismantle them.

eugene171
x3ap

Post by eugene171 » Tue, 7. Mar 17, 18:27

Just booted up this mod and built my first TS.

My initial strategy is to build up my home sector with some food production, get a dock agent for buying stuff for my HQ, then start my mobile mining fleet. Is this the way to go?

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Wed, 8. Mar 17, 19:53

eugene171 wrote:Just booted up this mod and built my first TS.

My initial strategy is to build up my home sector with some food production, get a dock agent for buying stuff for my HQ, then start my mobile mining fleet. Is this the way to go?
Also lay claim on a few good sectors (high research rate, high population of workers, high number of slots etc...). 3-4 are OKs, too many and you would have dug yourself a big hole in the rep department, especially if you have overtime rep reduction turned on (the default).

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”