[X3LU][Script] Mineral Exploitation Pack (Mineral Courier + Nividium Miner)

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

all_other_names_taken

[X3LU][Script] Mineral Exploitation Pack (Mineral Courier + Nividium Miner)

Post by all_other_names_taken » Fri, 19. Oct 18, 13:12

Don't be fooled by the pompous title, it's just a couple of simple scripts. Still, I hope someone finds use for them. This is my first attempt at making a script for a game, so be gentle.

Mineral Courier

Why?
I've seen quite a few people (myself included) asking if there was an easy way to automate collection of minerals from a mineral carrier and the answer was - not really. You could use the normal courier, but the setup (and adding new carriers to the list) is a bit tedious. After all, there are 17 types of minerals to setup the collection and drop-off of. Also, manual labour in LU is a heresy. So I've created...

What?
Mineral Courier. In fact, it's not just a courier, but an 'agent' as well.

How it works?
It collects minerals from a mining carrier and then sells them, then proceeds to the next carrier in the list. The list is setup much like the normal courier (I ripped off the menu from the Courier script(s) and removed unnecessary options).
When initiated, the courier will first sell any minerals it may have in its cargo hold, then proceed to watch carriers and make runs. It will make a run when one of the following conditions is met:
1) The total volume of all the minerals in the carrier is greater than 90% of the free cargo volume of the courier.
2) The total volume of all the minerals in the carrier is greater than 80% of the free cargo volume of the carrier.
3) One hour has passed since the last run and carrier has at least some minerals in the cargo hold. (This is especially useful for the case if both courier and the carrier are TL)

When selling minerals, if the courier is homebased to a station, the money will go to the station account, otherwise it will go to the player's account. The homebase setting has no other influence on the courier's operation.
When looking for a station to sell, the courier considers sector security complaints. The range of search is its jumpdrive fuel auto resupply minus 10 jumps (so it doesn't run out of fuel completely), so set the auto refuel to a reasonable number (30-50 at least).

Ship requirements:
- TS or TL ship (I don't think anything other than those is reasonable)
- Trade Command Software MK1
- Trade Command Software MK2
- Transporter Device.

Slots taken:
Text file ID 9080
Command ID 423 (COMMAND_TYPE_TRADE_23)

Nividium Miner

Why?
I was wondering if maybe mining was more profitable than SCHs (for same investment). My preliminary findings show that they are roughly on par, though mining requires much less initial investment (can begin earlier in the game) and also scales much more easily (you can add as many miners homebased to a mining carrier as you want, regardless of how many docking slots the carrier has).
However, I noticed, if the miners stumble upon Nividium, the competition is over. Miners easily make twice the money in the same amount of time for same investment as SCHs.
So, first I went and manually scanned for Nividium debris and sent my miners there, but then someone yelled 'Heresy!' so I quickly equipped my miners with Mineral Scanners and gave them new instructions in the form of...

What?
Nividium Miner.

How it works?
The behavior is exactly the same as the regular miner (the script is a carbon copy with only one modification), except it disregards the junk debris (Ice, Ore and Silicon Wafers) and looks exclusively for Nividium.
There is also the accompanying script for mining carriers 'Nividium Mining Fleet: Carrier'.

Ship requirements:
- Any miner ship (hint: TS miners are inefficient when compared to fighters)
- Mobile Drilling System in laser slot(s)
- Special Command Software MK1
- Mineral Scanner

Slots taken:
Text file ID 9081
Command ID 522 (COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_22) Nividium Miner
Command ID 523 (COMMAND_TYPE_SPECIAL_23) Nividium Mining Fleet: Carrier

Downloads:
Mineral Courier

Nividium Miner

Instructions:
Copy the 'addon' folder from the archive(s) to the root folder of LU. Doesn't overwrite existing files.

Permissions:
Anyone can do anything they want with my portions of the scripts. For the rest, ask LitCube.

Looking forward to your comments.

OneOfMany

Re: [X3LU][Script] Mineral Exploitation Pack (Mineral Courier + Nividium Miner)

Post by OneOfMany » Tue, 30. Oct 18, 14:51

Thanks for thse scripts, I'll give them a try in my new playthrough.

lilbean

Post by lilbean » Mon, 12. Nov 18, 16:35

This looks awesome and should save me some carpal tunnels syndrome around configuration of couriers! You should get it added to the Litcube mod list here - viewtopic.php?t=380168

all_other_names_taken

Post by all_other_names_taken » Mon, 12. Nov 18, 17:37

lilbean wrote:
Mon, 12. Nov 18, 16:35
This looks awesome and should save me some carpal tunnels syndrome around configuration of couriers! You should get it added to the Litcube mod list here - viewtopic.php?t=380168
Thanks!
I'm glad someone found it useful.
Before adding it to the list, let's first get some feedback about the functionality and eventual major bugs and stuff.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”