Modding LU and XRM

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Azher23
x3tc

Post by Azher23 » Thu, 5. Nov 15, 07:29

No because LU dos not work with the Plugin Manager. so i just made the script in the Editor. When i loaded the Ship only the docking and Launching Bays Will Appear with the Engine Effects however the hull will Not show.

Zaitsev
x4

Post by Zaitsev » Thu, 5. Nov 15, 11:14

Comment from the sideline - It's only the plugin manager itself that's incompatible with LU. The cheat package works fine, apart from some station cheats that won't function properly, and if I'm not mistaken you can use the plugin manager to unpack the cheat package .xsp and extract the script and t-folders. Install them as with any other script, and you should be good to go.

Edit: I did a bit of digging, and it appears the most common cause for invisible ships is an error in either the scene file or the textures. I have no idea if that's the case with your ship, but I figured it would be worth a shot.
I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am :D

DiDs:
Eye of the storm Completed
Eye of the storm - book 2 Inactive
Black Sun - Completed
Endgame - Completed

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 5. Nov 15, 20:59

I also had this effect when I did something wrong with editing Components.txt. I forgot to change the length of an entry there.

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Fri, 6. Nov 15, 10:31

There is no reason the Plugin Manager should not be compatible with LU, i've had the latest version running perfectly fine with LU when i was testing it

Azher23
x3tc

Post by Azher23 » Sat, 7. Nov 15, 08:41

Hmmm i will say i'm sorry but i was going off the info of the Creator for LU in the Wiki. Were he States that the Plugin Manager And Mods Not LU Vallia Will Not Work With it. Aside From that i have Tried to Make changes to thye Dummy's, Components and Bodys Txt Files. the only thing that Came away form that was me Screwing up my Cockpit Camra Placements.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Sat, 21. Nov 15, 22:18

I now have really started, at last. Currently I have all Mk I and Sentinel variations of XRM's M6 corvettes in LU 1.5.2. At first I thought the process of getting all of the necessary files and entries within several files (Bodies.txt, Components.txt, Dummies.txt, t files, ...) from XRM to LU is the most time-consuming process, but this is only a half of that. The other part is adjusting all ship's parameters from XRM to LU - this means reducing the speed, changing the weapon energy generator and the shield generator, hull strengths, ware sizes and prices according to some rules. I want the new ships to fit perfectly into LU, without overpowering or overnerfing them. But now, after the first twelve ships, I'm getting into it.

Next step: the more interesting of the M7 class ships. I'm planning to add a tag "Prototype" to their names, so that they can't be easily confused with the standard LU ship variants.

Beyondfubar
x3ap

Post by Beyondfubar » Thu, 17. Dec 15, 01:19

Keeping an eye or three on this. Black Archon this is exactly what I know I want, it seems you have other people interested as well. More ships in LU can only be more awesome, I love XRM and the mods I am able to use but about 72 hours in my computer (which totally runs Fallout 4 on Ultra!) gets to the point where SETA past x4 bogs down. I am not sure if this is vanilla with too many things happening or just the weight of so many "extras" either way Litcube built a truly unique thing: an Optimized game this is highly enjoyable, it is a shame to not add in the things that make X3 amazing. (you know like M6s with Docking bays and other awesome nonsense.)
Oderint Dum Metuant

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Thu, 17. Dec 15, 16:01

BlackArchon wrote:I now have really started, at last. Currently I have all Mk I and Sentinel variations of XRM's M6 corvettes in LU 1.5.2. At first I thought the process of getting all of the necessary files and entries within several files (Bodies.txt, Components.txt, Dummies.txt, t files, ...) from XRM to LU is the most time-consuming process, but this is only a half of that. The other part is adjusting all ship's parameters from XRM to LU - this means reducing the speed, changing the weapon energy generator and the shield generator, hull strengths, ware sizes and prices according to some rules. I want the new ships to fit perfectly into LU, without overpowering or overnerfing them. But now, after the first twelve ships, I'm getting into it.

Next step: the more interesting of the M7 class ships. I'm planning to add a tag "Prototype" to their names, so that they can't be easily confused with the standard LU ship variants.
Are there ony guides around that tell you where to find the required files that go with ships or did you find out by fiddling your way around? I`m looking to modify my own LU installation for my own use but I have no clue where to get started. I also wanted to change the weapons to something more in the like with vanilla or so. Combat seems weird in LU and it allways scares me away. The rest of the mod is just to good to put down. Yet I`m clueless on where to start.

BlackArchon
xr

Post by BlackArchon » Thu, 17. Dec 15, 16:47

Shomey wrote:...
Are there ony guides around that tell you where to find the required files that go with ships or did you find out by fiddling your way around? I`m looking to modify my own LU installation for my own use but I have no clue where to get started. I also wanted to change the weapons to something more in the like with vanilla or so. Combat seems weird in LU and it allways scares me away. The rest of the mod is just to good to put down. Yet I`m clueless on where to start.
I'm using the "Package Creator" (made by Cycrow, it is part of the "Plugin Manager") to create a ZIP archive for a ship, then I manually copy the ship's files (if the ship components aren't already there) to LU. After that, I edit the files in \types to merge the ship with LU. This is the more troublesome part.

The Package Creator is mostly working fine, but since I'm probably the only user of it, it isn't a perfect working solution (because it isn't tested enough) - there are sometimes missing files or it isn't working with some ships. Just read the last pages in the Plugin Manager thread here in this forum.

Porting weapons from XRM to LU is easier, I did this with the PALC from XRM and I understand how it's done quite well. But my current focus is on ships which is a more difficult task.

If you want to have a more detailed explanation on how it's done, please contact me on the weekend again, I'll have more time then. :)

Azher23
x3tc

Post by Azher23 » Sat, 19. Dec 15, 23:49

I'm Going to start over with a fresh install and hope thing go better for me this time around

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”