EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Trading Algorithm (help).
View previous topic :: View next topic
ylio

PostPosted: Wed, 15. Jul 15, 14:31    Post subject: Trading Algorithm (help). Reply with quote Print

Lest call my station A
Nps stations with B and C
Nps stations B has 11999/12k of the stock i am selling
Nps stations C has 2k/12k of stock i am selling, and my ships don't stop going to B..

I know that there was a fix with the CLS software but it came out pretty late like after 3.0 albion or something, and i have like 70 trade ships allrdy, so probably something like this should allrdy exist.

When you tell the ship to sell for best price, just ignore the best price as long as it covers the price i have set and just look for the highest demand of goods, doesn't even have to look if 2 stations have equal demand witch one is closer to my station. Its like an algorithm with 2 variables, demand and the price I have set.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Wed, 15. Jul 15, 15:49    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

If you just want to buy and sell wares from your stations/complexes, the Commercial Agent (CAG) would be the better choice than the CLS. The CAG takes cargo room capacities of stations into account when buying/selling wares iirc, which should result in what you want.

ylio wrote:
I know that there was a fix with the CLS software but it came out pretty late like after 3.0 albion or something , and i have like 70 trade ships allrdy, so probably something like this should allrdy exist.

What fix are you referring to? And why does its release date matter?

Farnhams Legende und Nopileos als E-Books!

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov

"If it's not impossible, there must be a way to do it." - Sir Nicholas Winton
ylio

PostPosted: Wed, 15. Jul 15, 15:57    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Quote:
What fix are you referring to

copy/paste in addon florder or script florder.

But joke aside , i am srsly tired of reading things about this game, please don't make me read on how to use CAG Sad
Quote:
And why does its release date matter?

The later it have been released the bigger chance that the community have done something about that

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Wed, 15. Jul 15, 16:14    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ylio wrote:
But joke aside , i am srsly tired of reading things about this game, please don't make me read on how to use CAG

Okay, here you go:

Quote:
Part 19a (Intro to CAG/CLS)
http://youtu.be/2yqGUjntPWU

Part 19b (Using CLS)
http://youtu.be/5TRTYhw1UDg

Part 19c (Using CAG)
http://youtu.be/d6w5uNQJTl0

They're all from daviddowner's X3TC Video Tutorial Series (Almost everything can be applied to X3AP too.)

ylio wrote:
The later it have been released the bigger chance that the community have done something about that

Since the Commodity Logistics Software is a community script in the first place, I have no idea what you're trying to say with this. Confused I also had a look at the 3.xx changelogs from X3AP and couldn't find anything that would have caused a problem with the CLS software.

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do." - Isaac Asimov

ylio

PostPosted: Wed, 15. Jul 15, 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Quote:
Since the Commodity Logistics Software is a community script in the first place

oh fuk, i totally forgot about this bro Smile

I play terran btw.
Now what are my options then. Just don't tell me i need to drag my 70 trade ships to buy them softweres, or i just need to buy 1 TS class ship and click a few things on him

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Thu, 16. Jul 15, 20:56    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

ylio wrote:
Now what are my options then. Just don't tell me i need to drag my 70 trade ships to buy them softweres, or i just need to buy 1 TS class ship and click a few things on him

Software requirements for the CAG are pretty low. As soon as you have a ship set up for a normal trade tasks, you can also use the ship as a CAG (provided you have an own station already).

CAG readme wrote:
Ship Equipment

• A small class ship (M3, M4, M5, M8, TM, TS or TP) or corvette class (M6)
  • Fight Command Software MK1 (optional: changes CAG behavior when encountering enemies)
  • Fight Command Software MK2 (optional: changes CAG behavior when encountering enemies, in addition to Fight Command Software MK1)
  • Jump Drive (optional: can be used after special training course)
  • Navigation Command Software MK1
  • Trade Command Software MK1
  • Trade Command Software MK2

Handling

It has a level system though, which means that the pilots need to earn experience over time to exploit their full potential.

CAG readme wrote:
The ranks

Apprentice
The apprentice will take care of purchasing resources. The apprentice is carrying out his probationary period and receives no salary.
Courier
The Courier handles not only resources, but also sells products. In addition, he can deal at Equipment Docks and Trade Stations; he can also be assigned to them. The Courier gets 20 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each flight.
Supplier
The Supplier coordinates with his homebase and in-sector colleagues. He also buys fighter drones from local stations and buys more speed and maneuverability upgrades. The Supplier gets 25 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each flight.
Trader
The Trader can deal with not only products and resoruces, but can buy or sell a complex's intermediate products. He can also use the Jumpdrive. The Trader gets 30 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each flight.
Dealer
The Dealer gets information about the homebase's financial situation, and can clear out his factory's products if there are not enough credits available. Also, he pays more attention to the trader radio chatter and avoids sectors where hostiles are reported. The Dealer gets 35 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each trip.
Major Dealer
The Major Dealer stays informed of prices during flight and will change course for a better deal. He will also repair his ship at a shipyard if required. The Major Dealer gets 40 credits per Mizura flown, paid after each flight.

There is a possibility to get already qualified personnel though:

Lucike in the CLS readme wrote:
Hint: If you buy the Commodity Logistics Software at the software producer's offices at the Free Argon Trading Station in Herron's Nebula, the producer tries to provide qualified personnel. If you actually start the software at the trading station you might get lucky and receive qualified pilots from the very beginning.

As CLS and CAG are using the same pilots (just slightly different rank names), that way you can also get experienced CAG pilots. Just start the CLS, get an experienced pilot and he will work as CAG and keep his rank if you give the CAG command. If the pilot just has a low rank, dismiss him and try again.

Apart from that you can adjust a lot of different settings, but for most tasks standard settings are good enough.

If that's too complicated for you, you could have a look at the OK Traders Script by Shimrod. According to the description it has similar features as the CAG, but without any software or rank requirements.