[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 5. Sep 17, 08:03

lostboron wrote:My next try to capture the zone consisted of waiting for the xenon to build a station so that they control the zone, so that I can invade and capture it. I looked at a xenon CV arriving with F3, trying to build something. I think the I was in the way. I got a crash to desktop.
the "K" builders seems to be very buggy under some unknown circumstances, you could try to let xenon build the station OOZ, but it could be the k-builder also will disapper

the other option to get the zone from RoC is simple to buy them by diplomatics

Helian
xr

Post by Helian » Sun, 10. Sep 17, 16:02

Charon_A wrote:Started as a xenon, all NPCs on xenon matrix are hostile, the only 2 who are not hostile are ship dealers. So I cannot hire or trade. Is this a known issue?
CWIR 1.65RC-493-1-65
Have the same issue. Is there any fix for this? Really wanted to try conquest all the universe as a Xenon, but hostile lifeforms at my home station prevent this. And really badly need for exactly one Xenon station - Warehouse for the player to setup auto mining small empire for supply the shipyard. Otherwise i don't realize how to buy new I and K's for my invasion fleet.

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Thu, 21. Sep 17, 13:07

Hmm... i recently started another round and for some reason i'm unable to get rid of the split. I can't take over the sixth scripture so they just keep spawning tons of fighters and 3-4 cap ships every few minutes.

(Yes, there were no other cap ships or stations in the zone, i even wasn't able to build an outpost there when the entire zone was completely empty apart from my cap ship)

Any idea why that's happening? ^^

Thanks. :)

Oberon245
x4

Post by Oberon245 » Fri, 22. Sep 17, 21:31

Helian wrote:
Charon_A wrote:Started as a xenon, all NPCs on xenon matrix are hostile, the only 2 who are not hostile are ship dealers. So I cannot hire or trade. Is this a known issue?
CWIR 1.65RC-493-1-65
Have the same issue. Is there any fix for this? Really wanted to try conquest all the universe as a Xenon, but hostile lifeforms at my home station prevent this. And really badly need for exactly one Xenon station - Warehouse for the player to setup auto mining small empire for supply the shipyard. Otherwise i don't realize how to buy new I and K's for my invasion fleet.
I have returned to playing again and am running into this same issue. Has anyone found a work around of fix yet?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Fri, 22. Sep 17, 22:45

Must've been a change how stations are populated. I'm working on a mod that adds a new faction with a similar problem, only that my population pretty much disappeared. Didn't wanna spent much time trying to track it down, but i'll take a look.

Edit: Hmmm, i threw 4.1 and 4.21 in git and didn't come up with anything that could explain it. Inventory item lists have been moved from setup.xml to libraries/parameters.xml, the lists most likely can't be accessed via md.list and that's why we can't buy hyperjump crystalls and probes.

Replacing the lines 207 to 215 in md/conquer_mod.xml with:

Code: Select all

<do_if value="not param.itemtraderlists.junkdealerlists.{1}.indexof.{[ware.inv_probe, 1, 2, 45]}">
					<append_to_list name="param.itemtraderlists.junkdealerlists.{1}" exact="[ware.inv_probe, 1, 2, 45]" />
				</do_if>
				<do_if value="not param.itemtraderlists.equipmentlists.{1}.indexof.{[ware.inv_probe, 2, 5, 85]}">
					<append_to_list name="param.itemtraderlists.equipmentlists.{1}" exact="[ware.inv_probe, 2, 5, 85]" />
				</do_if>
				<do_if value="not param.itemtraderlists.equipmentlists.{1}.indexof.{[ware.inv_hyperdrivecrystal, 8, 15, 85]}">
					<append_to_list name="param.itemtraderlists.equipmentlists.{1}" exact="[ware.inv_hyperdrivecrystal, 8, 15, 85]" />
				</do_if>
        <do_if value="not param.itemtraderlists.equipmentlists2.{1}.indexof.{[ware.inv_probe, 2, 5, 85]}">
          <append_to_list name="param.itemtraderlists.equipmentlists2.{1}" exact="[ware.inv_probe, 2, 5, 85]" />
        </do_if>
        <do_if value="not param.itemtraderlists.equipmentlists2.{1}.indexof.{[ware.inv_hyperdrivecrystal, 8, 15, 85]}">
          <append_to_list name="param.itemtraderlists.equipmentlists2.{1}" exact="[ware.inv_hyperdrivecrystal, 8, 15, 85]" />
        </do_if>
fixes at least the probes and jump crystalls.

Edit2: And i just saw that it was also tried not to spawn lawinforcement npcs, but i'm still getting all the station chatter and relation punishment when shooting on another faction when starting in albion.

Changing the <remove/> line in md/inituniverse.xml to:

<remove sel="//cue[@name='CreateLawEnforcementNPCs']"/>
fixes that aswell.
Last edited by iforgotmysocks on Sat, 23. Sep 17, 14:46, edited 4 times in total.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 11:00

iforgotmysocks wrote:I'm working on a mod that adds a new faction with a similar problem, only that my population pretty much disappeared. Didn't wanna spent much time trying to track it down, but i'll take a look.
Might I suggest for them the name Dwemer? :D

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 23. Sep 17, 12:27

Sparky Sparkycorp wrote:Might I suggest for them the name Dwemer? :D
Good one. ^^

lostboron

Post by lostboron » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 00:10

This mod has renewed my interest in XR for a while, and it is clearly gathering a lot of efforts. But i've been encountering many issues lately, and I feel new users should be warned of them to avoid frustration. Here are a few:

- zones can actually often not be conquered. Some of the reasons include hidden ships in zones that cannot be destroyed because they are located too far away from the center, 0 build spot left (which is the case for most Xenon zones and some others), and stations that cannot be destroyed (e.g. the Xenon matrix in XZ beta); because of that, some factions cannot be eliminated

- outpost building often fails without explanation, so you have to figure out if a bug is in effect or not

- station boarding often does not work, the marines do not all reach the target and the process stalls forever, sometimes triggering screen blackout and loud noise

- some shipyards do not work, for instance I built a DeVries shipyard that was making me pay on top of providing the resources (yes, the money was really deducted from my account) - I did not have that problem with an Albion shipyard

There are also good features that I did not expect:

- I was able to board an I and a K, even though this is not supposed to be possible in 4.1 (it is not possible to give them ammo and drones, and weapons are not visible in the information, but they seem functional aside from that).

- Capital ships jumping near target when they are not too far away - this partially alleviates the pathing bugs for capital ships (it is still very hard to move with many capital ships - they keep blocking each other from far away, and this is an issue for this mod because it requires building large fleets)

- factions are willing to pay 300M for a zone in Sable Vortex that they will lose to the Xenon shortly afterwards (no, I will not abuse this "feature"!)

I feel like I am still missing many bugs and features, but should I add these notes to the wiki ?

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 00:19

lostboron wrote: I feel like I am still missing many bugs and features, but should I add these notes to the wiki ?
Please feel free to add anything you think helpful/useful/interesting to the Wiki. And thank you for considering doing so :)

The Wiki retains a record of changes so even in the hypothetical case of incorrect information, it's not difficult to remove added content or revert changed content to a previous state.

roy35150
x4

Post by roy35150 » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 15:18

Is anyone still working on the mod?

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 16:29

I don't think Blackrain is gonna abandon this one. ^^ Apart from a few bugs the mod still runs fine.

lostboron

Post by lostboron » Sun, 24. Sep 17, 17:13

I edited the wiki.

Btw, has anybody managed to destroy the Xenon matrix in Schrödingers Drift ? With a dozen capital ships around, I can't get it below 38% (I was able to destroy the other station in that zone). This is the zone most Xenon ships seem to be coming from, and with the best defenses...

lostboron

Post by lostboron » Mon, 25. Sep 17, 03:24

I did some debugging on it. In conquer_mod.xml / Destroy_Stations_cue, I get $Stations.{$i}.hullpercentage = 38.5, $Cmpnent.count = 3 and $Flag1 = 200. I had to change global.$BROozHull to 40 to get this info.

So clearly that station is far from being destroyed, and yet I destroyed everything I could. I did notice a "construction:20%" on the lower right window, I don't know if this is relevant.

I will have to change the numbers significantly to get rid of that station...

A.Persyn
x3tc

Post by A.Persyn » Tue, 26. Sep 17, 16:11

Marvin Martian wrote: the "K" builders seems to be very buggy under some unknown circumstances
This appears to be caused by a missing connection in units_size_l_xenon_outk.xml.

<connection name="connection_builddummy01" tags="build_dummy build_dummy_npc ">
<offset/>
</connection>
Adding this code (copied from vanilla CV) fixed it with no more errors or crashes.

SiD_azer
x4

Post by SiD_azer » Fri, 29. Sep 17, 10:04

seems to work with 4.21 beta

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 13:23

hi !! this mod is very very very crazy and it work very very well with X Rebirth VR but i want to know how i can translate this mod in other language (in French) because when i try to translate the "T" file. in game the name of things is in Unknown
If a guy have a soluce...can he help me please

PS : when i shoot on xenon ship they speak with me same is human it's normal or this is only VR version ?

PS 2 : where i can found transport ship marines for boarding enemy ship ?

Thank you

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 13:54

tuyijop wrote: PS : when i shoot on xenon ship they speak with me same is human it's normal or this is only VR version ?

PS 2 : where i can found transport ship marines for boarding enemy ship ?
1: Yeah, it is. I think their addition has something to do with the xenon gamestart.

2: You can't buy "boarding ships" as far as I can tell. I've seen such ships on certain occasions, but they are only used by NPCs once in a while.
You can, however, add marines to any capital ships you own. Should you start a boarding operation while these ships are in your squad, they will send their own marines to assist you. Beware, though. The rules of assisted boarding are way different that those of standard boarding. I never managed anything else than heavy losses.
More info here

As for your other question, I'll let the devs themselves answer you.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 14:13

thank-you very much for your help :-)

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 17:54

now just help for translate :-)

tuyijop
x4

Post by tuyijop » Tue, 3. Oct 17, 19:39

hi !! sell a ship or donate a ship...what is the diference for me credit for sell..ok but if i donate at my faction ?

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”