[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 17. Jun 17, 15:09

skullwarrior wrote:You have to match the CV class with the station class, albion CV with albion stations, DeVries CV with DeVries stations an so on, let me know if this helps
i doubt it. any CV can Repair any Station Type. only the Build Options are restricted by the CV type (and this is only a soft restriction - you can pass the build process any Station macro to build)

the problem is that the Map Stations dont have a build spot to which they are attached to, and therefore no CV can attach itself to the Station (build spot) which is required for Repairs.
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 17. Jun 17, 16:12

UniTrader wrote:
skullwarrior wrote:You have to match the CV class with the station class, albion CV with albion stations, DeVries CV with DeVries stations an so on, let me know if this helps
i doubt it. any CV can Repair any Station Type. only the Build Options are restricted by the CV type (and this is only a soft restriction - you can pass the build process any Station macro to build)

the problem is that the Map Stations dont have a build spot to which they are attached to, and therefore no CV can attach itself to the Station (build spot) which is required for Repairs.
Yeah if the station was one spawned at creation of the game (defined by zones) then you can't attack a CV to it. I would either get the engineer mod and put an engineer on the station to repair it, or sell that particular station and build a new one. Or just keep it the way it is

mowza

Post by mowza » Sat, 17. Jun 17, 23:16

BlackRain wrote:
UniTrader wrote:

Yeah if the station was one spawned at creation of the game (defined by zones) then you can't attack a CV to it. I would either get the engineer mod and put an engineer on the station to repair it, or sell that particular station and build a new one. Or just keep it the way it is

as i said i DID get the engineer mod and i did put engineers inside the stations but despite the engineer status being "repairing" the hull% doesnt go up it stays the same and i have had the stations for awhile now.

the stations are probably there from the begining of the game : two med dispenceries in smokesack zone at the top most albion sector.i guess i cant finish them then, but why isnt the engineer rapairing :(

zerlix
x4

Post by zerlix » Sun, 18. Jun 17, 11:38

Please provide an alternative download link.
Nexus does not work for me. Trying to restore my password for 2 hours and I do not get mail from Nexusmod.

X2-Illuminatus
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)
x4

Post by X2-Illuminatus » Sun, 18. Jun 17, 11:50

The manual download options work fine for me without having to register on nexusmods.com.
Nun verfügbar! X3: Farnham's Legacy - Ein neues Kapitel für einen alten Favoriten

Die komplette X-Roman-Reihe jetzt als Kindle E-Books! (Farnhams Legende, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko, X3: Hüter der Tore, X3: Wächter der Erde)

Neuauflage der fünf X-Romane als Taschenbuch

The official X-novels Farnham's Legend, Nopileos, X3: Yoshiko as Kindle e-books!

zerlix
x4

Post by zerlix » Sun, 18. Jun 17, 11:58

If I try to download manually, i got this message.
"You need to be a member and logged in to download files larger than 2Mb in size."

Sry for my bad english :)

skullwarrior

Post by skullwarrior » Mon, 19. Jun 17, 15:19

Try to sell the station, and see if they can repair it.
Yestarday I started my conquest campaing against PMC, I already took a Techno-Complex from them(I fill a Gration with marines, 300 capacity) and I capture the station but in the name of Cantera, the station pass to them.
As I have been using the MICT mod, my fleet no only destroy the turrets, they also destroy stations parts, so I need to see if they can repair the station. otherwise I would have to disable MICT in order to assault another station, because with the CIWR mod, and you ships in defensive mode, they only destroy surface elements(turrets, force fields).
I like the MICT mod because it provides attacks jumps, your fleet can quickly reposition around an important target therefore quickly bring it down, without it you will watch your fleet entering combat one by one or in small groups, which can certainly result in ships cassualties.

kyrah
x4

Post by kyrah » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 11:18

I thought mict is included in cwir?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 20. Jun 17, 21:53

kyrah wrote:I thought mict is included in cwir?
It mostly is and using mict with this may cause issues

NodusCursorius
x4

[Bug] npc_architect.xml

Post by NodusCursorius » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 18:47

Version: 1.65RC
Client mods: Teldadi Outpost, Home of Light, CWIR
Error: In rebirth.log with the file extensions\cwir\md\npc_architect.xml

Code: Select all

[=ERROR=] 215.05 Cannot match path '//cue[@name='OnBoardComm']/actions/do_else/add_player_choice_return' in patch file 'extensions\cwir\md\npc_architect.xml'. Skipping node.
Your code:

<replace sel="//cue[@name='OnBoardComm']/actions/do_else/add_player_choice_return">
	<add_player_choice text="{40002,161}" section="cArch_worksomewhere" choiceparam="[0, 0, 'cluster', player.primaryship.cluster, null, null, 'selectzone', ['cArch_workat_contractor']]" position="bottom_right" chance="if $actor.isplayerowned and $actor.container.buildmodule? and not @$station and player.primaryship.subordinates.indexof.{$actor.container} then 100 else 0"/>
</replace>
Egosoft code:

<actions>
	<do_if value="player.platform and player.ship">
	    <do_if value="player.ship.buildmodule">
	        <do_if value="@player.platform.container.architect">
	            <!--Replacing Architect not currently supported-->
	            <!--<add_player_choice text="{1002,3006}" section="cArch_hasarchitect" position="top_right" comment="Work here"/>-->
	        </do_if>
	        <do_else>
	            <add_player_choice text="{1002,3006}" section="cArch_workhere" position="top_right" comment="Work here"/>
	        </do_else>
	    </do_if>
	</do_if>
	<do_elseif value="not player.platform">
	    <add_player_choice text="{1002,3008}" section="cArch_worksomewhere" position="top_right" choiceparam="[0, 0, 'zone', player.primaryship.zone, null, null, 'selectplayerobject', ['cArch_worksomewhere_objectselected', null, null, true, false, true, false, true, null, null, null, null, null, true]]" comment="Work somewhere else"/>
	</do_elseif>
</actions>
Your code is looking for
  • actions/do_else/add_player_choice_return
but the original structure is one of the two possibilities
  • actions/do_if/do_if/do_else/add_player_choice_return
  • actions/do_elseif/add_player_choice_return
Which of the two below will provide the behavior you intended?

<replace sel="//cue[@name='OnBoardComm']/actions/do_if[@value='player.platform and player.ship']/do_if[@value='value=player.ship.buildmodule']/do_else/add_player_choice_return">
</replace>

<replace sel="//cue[@name='OnBoardComm']/actions/do_elseif[@value='not player.platform']/add_player_choice_return">
</replace>
Last edited by NodusCursorius on Fri, 23. Jun 17, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.
This isn't about death. This is about what you learn from death. Never hollow.

NodusCursorius
x4

[Bug] interrupt.attacked.xml

Post by NodusCursorius » Fri, 23. Jun 17, 19:10

Version: 1.65RC
Client mods: Teldadi Outpost, Home of Light, CWIR
Error: In rebirth.log with the file extensions\cwir\aiscripts\interrupt.attacked.xml

[=ERROR=] [=ERROR=] 0.00 Cannot match path '/aiscript/interrupts/library/handler/conditions/check_any/check_all/set_value[@name='$fleerespond']/@exact' in patch file 'extensions\cwir\aiscripts\interrupt.attacked.xml'. Skipping node.
Your code:

<replace sel="/aiscript/interrupts/library/handler/conditions/check_any/check_all/set_value[@name='$fleerespond']/@exact">global.$Disable_MoveFlee</replace>
<add sel="/aiscript/interrupts/library/handler[@name='AttackHandler']/conditions/event_object_attacked" pos="after">
    <check_value value="this.defensible.isclass.ship and not this.ship.pilot.$brattackhandler?" />
</add>
Egosoft code:

<check_all>
    <check_value value="this.combinedskill ge 20" comment="at least 1 star on average"/>
    <check_value value="not this.isclass.computer"/>
    <check_value value="this.command.value != command.attackobject and this.ship.primarypurpose == objectpurpose.fight"/>
    <check_any>

<check_value value="((this.skill.morale * 20) + ((this.ship.primarypurpose == objectpurpose.fight) * 20) + (this.ship.shieldpercentage * 2)) lt 120"/>
    <check_value value="((this.combinedskill)hp - ((this.ship.shield + this.ship.hull) / [event.param.dps.all, 1hp].max)) gt 70"/>
    </check_any>
    <set_value name="$fleerespond"/>
</check_all>
Your code is looking for
  • check_any/check_all/set_value[@name='$fleerespond']/@exact
but the original <set_value name="$fleerespond"/> does not have exact

I do not know how to add a single attribute to an existing element. What should I do apart from replacing the entire line?
This isn't about death. This is about what you learn from death. Never hollow.

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Thu, 29. Jun 17, 18:45

i'm having a major issue with capital ships not firing on stations that have no turrets left and after reading through the comments a bit i see i'm not alone so i tested a few things.

1- un-installed this mod and installed combat enhancement scripts, sent xenon I to station....it stopped shooting when turrets were gone

2- did the same with mict and the ship stopped shooting when turrets were gone

3- ran vanilla and everything went fine and the ships fired on the station till it was destroyed

conclusion, these mods share something in common but not being a modder damned if i know what it is.
Is there a file i can delete to remove this one part of the mod and revert targeting back to vanilla parameters until it's fixed?

p.s.
Could it be the line of sight changes? or just priority on station hull not working right when everything else is gone? anyhoo was there a file i can delete?

Update-
Had a battle involving 8 capitals and noticed that some were firing and some were not there was no relation to aggression setting as i did check them all and defensive/aggressive were both firing and both were not firing on other ships, i even cycled player ships that weren't shooting through the DO settings to check and they just would not fire.
They just hugged the station looking through the windows at some dog ugly grandma with what looked like a frisbee stuck in her face.

Update 2-
Ok i think ive spent waaay too much time experimenting with this lol but im now sure it is line of sight as it happens when non-hostile ships are near (not in the way just near), the reason i think this is because if i use cheats to kill them all suddenly my ships attack again, looking in your files (which confuse and mildly scare me) i see line of sight mentioned as needing to see the WHOLE target could this mean the whole station and not the just module being targeted? if so thats the problem.
either way im done with testing it so whenever you read this please point me in the direction of a file i can delete thnx :)

yerdna
x4

Post by yerdna » Mon, 3. Jul 17, 05:00

@BlackRain

Any chance you can put up the mod on GitHub?
we'd at least be able to download it without having to register on nexus.
And nexus kinda reeks of some shifty eyed Brit trying to https://www.xkcd.com/792/

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Fri, 7. Jul 17, 02:55

You do not need to register on nexus to download this, but there should be a link somewhere in the thread you can use.

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Sun, 9. Jul 17, 14:47

soooo any response to my issue? or is this an ongoing problem?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 00:27

ravayen wrote:soooo any response to my issue? or is this an ongoing problem?
This is difficult for me to answer because i havent played in quite a while. Maybe Marvin hs some ideas? I've currently started testing out the new mod we are working on but i'm not testing combat at this yime.

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 06:58

whos marvin? and you're modding a game you dont play? now thats commitment to modding :)
I do have another question which im sure being a damned good modder you could answer and i know its not exactly/directly related to this mod buuut.
Since using this mod i've taken all of maelstrom for HOA and no matter which jobs i adjust (making my own patch) xenon still instantly respawn, is there some other file that controls xenon spawning when the player is in sector/zone.
I think they are tied to player presence somehow and its damned annoying and fps killing, all i want to do is either halve the number or put a timer on them respawning but the jobs.xml seems to have no effect on xenon in maelstrom after it's taken over.
I know the cwir jobs file doesn't really change vanilla spawns so much patching in quota changes to vanilla jobs seems to do nothing hence asking if another file (MD?) could be spawning ships aswell.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 11:03

first of all, thanks for reporting, we mostly working on different mod-setups, vanilla + single mod only is sometimes less tested :/

actual cwir isn't in use because we workling on the other thing

about reports
some npc_architect differences seems to be located to Capital-Bridge-Mod, i think we will find a suitable solution for both sitations (with&-out)

we will see to add an bugfix-release

the "spawn" of defence&invasion-fleets is managed by MD meanwhile in CWIR, you can adjust this in CM_Config.xml
md.CM_Config.Settings.$XenonMax
md.CM_Config.Settings.$Squad
md.CM_Config.Settings.$Wing

ravayen
x4

Post by ravayen » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 14:23

thanks for the reply didnt know you were working on another mod looks great btw hope it works out .
The issue with ships not firing on stations usually happens when ships are too close to one another which is ok to live with.
As for the spawning i'm pretty sure its not cwir but a vanilla thing that i cant seem to find, just thought i'd ask while i was here but nps i'll figure it out :)
good luck with the other mod.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Tue, 11. Jul 17, 16:38

ravayen wrote:thanks for the reply didnt know you were working on another mod looks great btw hope it works out .
The issue with ships not firing on stations usually happens when ships are too close to one another which is ok to live with.
As for the spawning i'm pretty sure its not cwir but a vanilla thing that i cant seem to find, just thought i'd ask while i was here but nps i'll figure it out :)
good luck with the other mod.
Obviously i was playing rebirth while modding haha. CWIR hasnt been worked on much in many months now. It is pretty much done, so it shouldnt be too much of a surprise. I just started getting back into playing rebirth because of our new mod. Of course my writing/translating takes up the majority of my free time though.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”