[MOD] Conquest and War in Rebirth! Release Version 1.60 10-30-2016

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X Rebirth.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Rickardus1701
x4

Post by Rickardus1701 » Wed, 25. Jan 17, 16:06

The problem that i'm getting at, is that there is no "more" or "Voyager" I've never seen those options before. they have been missing since 1.3/1.4 i assumed.

After going into property>call captain, this is what i am presented with:

http://oi64.tinypic.com/e7zedk.jpg

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 25. Jan 17, 16:18

yeah right, you use only this mod -- that won't work in this case :S Carriers or Techsupport would bring that link normaly but under this condition

i add Adv_com.zip at http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php? ... 03#4607103 that only adds the "more..." link but have no further function

Rickardus1701
x4

Post by Rickardus1701 » Wed, 25. Jan 17, 16:48

Oh wow!

Why in the world isn't it included with CWIR, or linked in the description :O

Thanks anyway, i have looked and looked, and i probably still wouldn't have figured it out XD

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Wed, 25. Jan 17, 16:56

the feature is not essential to the mod and the functions are like a Qick&Dirt buld bonus of the intended feature we had build - so nobody think about that

Rickardus1701
x4

Post by Rickardus1701 » Wed, 25. Jan 17, 16:59

Ah fair enough!

Yeah the plunder is an excellent idea! really makes the game more immersive, and adds great potential for pirates.

That's the reason i wanted to use it! :D

Rickardus1701
x4

Post by Rickardus1701 » Thu, 26. Jan 17, 11:53

Marvin Martian wrote:the feature is not essential to the mod and the functions are like a Qick&Dirt buld bonus of the intended feature we had build - so nobody think about that
Funnily enough, after trying this for a few hours, the command works, and the ships seem to patrol and use cargo drones on enemy wreckage, but i see no wares? Not from warships freighters or anyone, nor on the station supposed to be recieving the wares.

does the Plunder command take a while to cycle for the stolen wares to appear on the station?

I have been doing this under test circumstances, still no wares plundered.

http://oi65.tinypic.com/2me24hi.jpg

See the picture, i have 3 ships of differing types conducting "plunder".. However in 1 hour of plundering there are no wares present on the station or ships. I can confirm the ships are using cargo drones to gather something, but it appears to do nothing, and is only for show.

johnycamaro
x4

Post by johnycamaro » Fri, 27. Jan 17, 10:35

I boarded a xenon k builder ship. i built a matrix nut can not build the lv and nedium docks for the matrix shipyard. And i build a xenon station that works but now i have xenon utility crafts flying at station as enemie to me.

Marvin Martian
x4

Post by Marvin Martian » Fri, 27. Jan 17, 14:07

Rickardus1701 wrote:the ships seem to patrol and use cargo drones on enemy wreckage, but i see no wares?
i shortly tested the function on an universal storage ship and ware got collected

here latest update of this feature, but this only adds the option to assign the ship to a station for plunderpatrol (instead of need to be docked) and have some small infos at start of the job
also you can call the pilot to change check-relation in case you are to friendly for this galaxy and want to kill am all
cwir_latest_plunder.zip

----
@johnycamaro

about building XenSY
add to cwir/libraries/wares.xml (after <add sel="/wares">)

Code: Select all

<ware id="stp_pro_xen_shp_l" name="stp_pro_xen_shp_l" transport="container" size="part" volume="1" tags="part">
    <price min="1" average="1" max="1" />
    <production time="96" amount="1" method="default" name="{20206,501}">
      <primary>
        <ware ware="energycells" amount="1962" />
        <ware ware="fusionreactor" amount="538" />
        <ware ware="plasmapumps" amount="1962" />
        <ware ware="reinforcedmetalplating" amount="2276" />
      </primary>
    </production>
    <component ref="big_ship_production_dummy_l" amount="1" />
  </ware>
  <ware id="stp_pro_xen_shp_xl" name="stp_pro_xen_shp_xl" transport="container" size="part" volume="1" tags="part">
      <primary>
      </primary>
    </production>
    <component ref="big_ship_production_dummy_xl" amount="1" />
  </ware>
  <ware id="stp_pro_xen_shp_sm" name="stp_pro_xen_shp_sm" transport="container" size="part" volume="1" tags="part">
      <primary>
      </primary>
    </production>
    <component ref="struct_econ_prod_shipsm_xen_macro" amount="1" />
  </ware>

escondido
x4

Post by escondido » Sat, 28. Jan 17, 15:19

i dont see the command plunderpatrol anyware ...can someone explain how it works in pictures ..please

johnycamaro
x4

Post by johnycamaro » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 12:41

I love this mod!! I captured a k builder ship. I build 2 matrix and now I am producing my 40es I capital on only raw materials ore nividium sillicon and energy its really cheap!!!!!!! 😉

johnycamaro
x4

Post by johnycamaro » Wed, 1. Feb 17, 15:57

@marvin. I hired a contractor to build it. It worked I only had to pay 14m to build an I. And it did not get collected from account. I boarded the capital shipyard from shady vault pmc and it also works the same as mine own build capital shipyard. Know I got 4 shipyards . With you're file I need weapons and everything els. Know it is as it should be how the xenon build their ships.

Warnoise

Post by Warnoise » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 01:34

Hi all is there a way to improve Drostan behavior in CWIR?

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 16:52

I`m guessing this is not a beginner mod? I`ve progressed trough the campaign untill the vries I believe in the past. Don`t know much about advance combat, trading or building.

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 16:59

Shomey wrote:I`m guessing this is not a beginner mod? I`ve progressed trough the campaign untill the vries I believe in the past. Don`t know much about advance combat, trading or building.
The mod is incompatible with the campaign for the duration of the main plot anyway. You have to either finish the main quests before installing, or install it on another game start.

Otherwise, no it's not a beginner's mod in the sense that your assets can really get blown up. However, you just have to get a bit careful as to where you build your stuff and you'll be fine. It will be a more active universe, but if you avoid the main xenon invasion path and the pirate-infested sectors until you have the fleet to defend your stuff, you'll be able to play it as any other game.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Shomey
x4

Post by Shomey » Fri, 3. Feb 17, 22:56

I`ve started a game with the 3x taranis and 3x constructionship. Since I havent played much vanilla I`m still finding my way around but it`s fun so far. My fleet is still at the starting spot attack xenons that pass by.

Any pointers on which stations to build first? The game had some guidance that told me to get some architects, got one but the other 2 missions are open, no new missions yet.

I`m assuming it`s smart not building in the maelstrom?

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Tue, 7. Feb 17, 20:22

Hi @BlackRain and @MarvinMartian: Have you had any luck with your experiments creating a new mod that simulates the economy with faction budgets, etc.? Just curious. Thanks!

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 00:07

tomchk wrote:Hi @BlackRain and @MarvinMartian: Have you had any luck with your experiments creating a new mod that simulates the economy with faction budgets, etc.? Just curious. Thanks!
Marvin is working on the basic code. Currently he is coding faction AI for different types of factions and he has a few working well but more work is needed. I will eventually start work on building the universe (meaning eliminating everything and adding things in from scratch, including changes to economy and production). Once Marvin has enough code for me to test out factions in an empty universe i will and then we can add more from there. Marvin can give more info on what he is doing if he wants. Anyway it wont be soon.

tomchk
x4

Post by tomchk » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 00:12

Very cool, thanks! I definitely understand this will take a while. If testers would be valuable at any point, I bet at least some of your many users would be interested! Thanks again!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 8. Feb 17, 17:21

BlackRain wrote:
tomchk wrote:Hi @BlackRain and @MarvinMartian: Have you had any luck with your experiments creating a new mod that simulates the economy with faction budgets, etc.? Just curious. Thanks!
Marvin is working on the basic code. Currently he is coding faction AI for different types of factions and he has a few working well but more work is needed. I will eventually start work on building the universe (meaning eliminating everything and adding things in from scratch, including changes to economy and production). Once Marvin has enough code for me to test out factions in an empty universe i will and then we can add more from there. Marvin can give more info on what he is doing if he wants. Anyway it wont be soon.
Will this include Pirate and Xenon economy?
Something like I posted on idea forum:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=387730

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 9. Feb 17, 15:06

mr.WHO wrote:
BlackRain wrote:
Will this include Pirate and Xenon economy?
Something like I posted on idea forum:
http://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=387730
We already have a basic Xenon economy in place in CWIR. I suppose we could refine it further.

Return to “X Rebirth - Scripts and Modding”