Gigorum

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

John McG
x4

Gigorum

Post by John McG » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 10:03

I have many ships working for my many factories, but the few Gigorum ships that are employed don't seem to do anything. Has anyone found them useful for any factory or station?
Thanks.

darkone264

Post by darkone264 » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 12:56

in sector trading is the best use for them, I use rahanas personally

Santi
Moderator (DevNet)
Moderator (DevNet)
x4

Post by Santi » Fri, 19. Jun 15, 22:36

I use them so stations do not buy huge quantities of wares at the start of production and my wallet does not suffer that much, but you need to keep an eye on the station stock levels as they are quite slow. I used them for trading in only Skunk start once, but they while it is viable, again they are very slow and sometimes will ignore highways and take forever to reach their destination.
A por ellos que son pocos y cobardes

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Sat, 20. Jun 15, 15:26

The few I have are working. Make sure they have the cargo type needed by your station's wares, and the operating range to find wares.

Earth Ultimatum IV.
x4

Post by Earth Ultimatum IV. » Sat, 20. Jun 15, 16:10

Only found them useful to transfer (smaller) amounts of wares between stations that are built in the same zone.
Otherwise. They are pretty much useless and made of cardboard.

Saquavin
xr

Post by Saquavin » Sat, 20. Jun 15, 16:51

Mine are trading system-wide, going through PMC (really not my friends) sectors. Trips take long time, one of them get sometimes destroyed, but this is OK for the use. ;)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Sun, 21. Jun 15, 19:44

Tend to use them (& other M class ships) for my first few stations early in the game. Mainly use them to minimise risk at a time when I can't afford lots of expensive warships to patrol the zones where my ships will frequently be travelling to in order to trade or mine resources. If one of my ships get's jumped by pirates I'd much rather lose a ship worth a few 100k, rather than one worth several million. Naturally though, once the money starts flowing (i.e. when I can afford my own warships to run patrols) they swiftly get phased out in favour of L or XL class freighters & mining vessels.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”