L and XL ships will not move, M and S ships will not undock after being built

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

etgfrogs
x4

L and XL ships will not move, M and S ships will not undock after being built

Post by etgfrogs » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 03:24

Game Version 3.53
Not modded
In the campaign the freighter that is given would not move at all when assigning it to buy energy cells. So after assuming the campaign given ships were still buggy, I started a free mode with as the argon mercenary, captured a freighter from an assassination mission, even after it repaired its engines, it would not move. Sold it and bought a different ship at a shipyard, that ship wouldn't leave the dock. Tried buying a fighter, those wouldn't undock from the station. Captured fighters worked fine though.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 03:53

regarding not modded: also no workshop items? (some dont seem to think of them as mods, but they are; and dont be shy about telling the truth, false statements just delay finding the cause of this, nothing else)

regarding the Plot Rahanas: you assigned a Captain to it right? and the same for the captured Freigher? without they can not move bacause there is nobody there to execute their movement scripts.

for the other ships no idea - built/bought ones get a very bad pilot/captain automatically so they can move out, but i think i read somewhere that giving big ships an order too quickly after construction may lock them up, that was a several months ago though so it may not apply anymore (just wait until they have moved out of the dock and stopped moving before giving any orders)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

etgfrogs
x4

Post by etgfrogs » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 04:46

No mods or workshop items, this is strait download from steam
Yes, captain was assigned in every case, I even tried assigning a different captain to the ship that got stuck in the drydock. The 3rd freighter in the freeplay that I tried sitting there next to the dock and watched it be built as to not potentially have a move order issued to it since ships that are built are automatically assigned to be in your squad after it finishes construction.

I noticed one thing that targeting the ship didn't show the captain as the commander, unless that is suppose to be who is in charge of the squad that the ship is in.

Nevermind, I'm an idiot, when I deleted the game a few months after release, I forgot there still was extensions installed. So the 7 hours of play I had were lost :(

etgfrogs
x4

Post by etgfrogs » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 10:53

I was playing though the campaign since I never finished it before, both the freighter and the construction vessel refuses to move after getting them back. Is there any solution to this since I remember the construction vessel is required for a later mission?

YorrickVander
x4

Post by YorrickVander » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 11:05

Old mods could do some fair damage to your save due to conflicts with the current codebase. It could be a lot more work to try and fix that one than to play through to that point again just editing in the credits you need to regain the assets you have in the broken game.
X Rebirth - A Sirius Cybernetics Corporation Product

Split irritate visiting pilot with strange vocal patterns.

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 20:53

I have started Free Play with 3.53 more than a month ago and still playing. I have buyed several fighters, but It never happened that they didn'd leave the station. AFAIK, they are available at the shipyard in one piece and don't need to be constructed.

As for bigger ships: maybe this is not related, but I got a similar problem during a repair. The reason was that a rare item needed for construction / repair was missing and highlighted in red in the item list (just after speaking with the Ship Dealer). The repair then proceeded, but I didn't get the ship out anymore and had to use sort of a cheat, but the solution seems to be (this is my assumption): let the shipyard do its job until construction/repair is finished, this may take a while depending how fast the shipyard is gonna buy the missing item from an arriving NPC freighter. I would get busy with something else in the meantime :D

A question by the way: Must a ship follow the player in a shipyard zone in order to be sold there? I do so everytime, but maybe this is not necessary.

XenonS

etgfrogs
x4

Post by etgfrogs » Sun, 14. Jun 15, 22:38

YorrickVander wrote:Old mods could do some fair damage to your save due to conflicts with the current codebase. It could be a lot more work to try and fix that one than to play through to that point again just editing in the credits you need to regain the assets you have in the broken game.
No, I did just that, I started a new campaign with all extensions deleted except for the teladi outpost, the construction ship and freighter were bugged and could not move after the campaign gave them to me.

Found a fix for it, by replacing the captain, it broke out of whatever bugged state it was in.

I guess I'll edit again, built a ship, same bug, ship is stuck "waiting for drones" when it has all the drones it needed, so maybe its stuck waiting for the construction drones to finish and leave before it undocks, which they are still flying around it as if its still being built.

Gligli
x3ap

Post by Gligli » Tue, 16. Jun 15, 12:53

etgfrogs wrote:(...) so maybe its stuck waiting for the construction drones to finish and leave before it undocks, which they are still flying around it as if its still being built.
Exactly.
"Waiting for drones" & "Undock" can take several time... On every transaction. Even more IZ....
You only need to wait "no orders" to start to work with... If you don't need to trade something require by the shipyard in the meantime. But normally, if "Wait for drones" is displayed, the transaction itself is already done. Except if, for a unknown reason, the lack comes from the drones you ordered for the purpose of the vessel itself.
On se rend vers la connaissance avec circonspection.
c.a.d, avec un immense respect et la peur au ventre.

XenonSurf
x2

Post by XenonSurf » Tue, 23. Jun 15, 19:07

Does it work now?

XenonS

Return to “X Rebirth - Technical Support”