X3AP-- Selling Passengers To Pirates?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Monkeyfister
x3ap

X3AP-- Selling Passengers To Pirates?

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 29. May 15, 15:54

Over some time, I've managed to acquire a sizeable group of passengers in my Cargo Life Support hold.

I've read in NS's DiD stories that he'd sell them to pirates.
I'm friendly with the pirates. I dock where slaves are dealt, but stocks are empty, but cannot seem to figure out how to sell them off.
Neither through Trade or via Cargo interface.

Has this facet of the game been patched out in 3.1 or whatever the latest X3AP push is?

Should I just toss them out the airlock, and bid them good luck?
Last edited by Monkeyfister on Fri, 29. May 15, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.

Sabrina Bergin
xr

Post by Sabrina Bergin » Fri, 29. May 15, 16:20

If you eject them I think you might lose rep for killing them.

If you look at your cargo manifest you should be able to enslave your passengers then sell them.

about 1700 credits a head I think.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 29. May 15, 16:43

You first have to convert passengers (or marines you don't want) into slaves at any actual Pirate Base. There are other Pirate stations that may buy or sell slaves, such as Rehab Facility or Anarchy Port etc, but they cannot convert passengers to slaves.

Some named passengers that you pick up from boarded Transporters will have a destination shown in their info and you can get a modest reward for taking them there.

A bulk ware called 'passengers' (that are not shown individually with names) which you may come across has little value or subsequent use in-game.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 29. May 15, 17:28

OK.

So how do I convert them to slaves?

I just want to get them out of my hold-- at a profit, preferably.

These are spacesuits I ran over during bails, some are ship sellers. None have a destination. All have names, I guess.

What is the step-by-step process of selling them off. What interface menu does that?

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 29. May 15, 17:54

shaun bergin wrote:If you eject them I think you might lose rep for killing them.

If you look at your cargo manifest you should be able to enslave your passengers then sell them.

about 1700 credits a head I think.
This is the "How-To" question I am asking for help to do.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 29. May 15, 17:56

Alan Phipps wrote:You first have to convert passengers (or marines you don't want) into slaves at any actual Pirate Base. There are other Pirate stations that may buy or sell slaves, such as Rehab Facility or Anarchy Port etc, but they cannot convert passengers to slaves.

Some named passengers that you pick up from boarded Transporters will have a destination shown in their info and you can get a modest reward for taking them there.

A bulk ware called 'passengers' (that are not shown individually with names) which you may come across has little value or subsequent use in-game.

These aren't bulk ware passengers. They are in my Cargo Life Support.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 29. May 15, 18:21

Take them to a Pirate Base. When docked, open your ship freight screen. Scroll to and select the bottom passenger in the list of names and keep rapidly pressing enter to enslave them one by one until you exhaust the list of names. They are now (probably illegal) slaves in your bay ready to sell as a station ware at the Pirate Base or elsewhere.

Here is the FAQ.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 29. May 15, 18:27

Thanks. Seems a direct menu option to enslave would have been abetter design choice. This is just waay too cryptic to guess at .

I cannot think of any other time in dock where enter is used

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 29. May 15, 18:41

It gives a chance for you to escape or rethink if you were just about to enslave your passenger needed for a taxi mission, or your best marines ... :D

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 29. May 15, 18:46

OK, wait. FAQ says "Select the passengers (or marines) to be enslaved, and then choose 'Enslave' from the context menu."

There's the problem. I don't have an enslave option at all.

I'll try to just select and enter.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 29. May 15, 19:26

OK.

Docked at ANOK Port. Sells Slaves. Zero in Port's stock.
Let's try this:

Opened Freight.
Selected Passenger. Some Duke's freighter pilot.
Hit Enter.
{boop} not an option sound.
Trying both mouse buttons for options.
{boop} not an option sound.

Next 3 passengers-- same thing.
Enslaving and selling passengers seems clearly not an option, anymore in AP.

That FAQ is for TC, BTW-- not AP.
Last edited by Monkeyfister on Fri, 29. May 15, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 29. May 15, 19:35

Monkeyfister wrote:...

Docked at ANOK Port. ....
And here's your problem. As pointed out above, you need to be docked at a Pirate Base. Anarchy Ports or any other pirate station won't work.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Monkeyfister
x3ap

Post by Monkeyfister » Fri, 29. May 15, 19:43

sigh.

Alright.

This is becoming not worth the effort for 1700cr.

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 29. May 15, 19:46

Then space them and let them float to the nearest station, assuming there is one. :fg:
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

ancienthighway
x4

Post by ancienthighway » Fri, 29. May 15, 20:04

Maybe waiting for that mission to deliver 117 slaves would make the process worth the time. Then again, that's a lot of pilots you need to make bail.

Sovereign01
x4

Post by Sovereign01 » Fri, 29. May 15, 20:37

ancienthighway wrote:Maybe waiting for that mission to deliver 117 slaves would make the process worth the time. Then again, that's a lot of pilots you need to make bail.
Exactly, which makes those missions asking for triple-digit numbers of slaves freaking hilarious! :lol:

zazie
x4

Post by zazie » Mon, 1. Jun 15, 15:32

It is not the first time I write this info in the forums, but still it doesn't seems to be known:
The "enslave-stock-sell them through mission"-loop works quite good for improving the chances to get better Marines from stock (speking about X3TC):
Go and buy all Marines without or only one or two stars ins fighting at Military Outposts, Training Centers and EQ-docks. Pay up to ~80'000 cr. Stock them in TPs or other ships that are not 'at war'.
If you now pick up such a mission demanding several dozens of Slaves, take ir and tranport the Slaves to the final station. At higher ranks you will get between 60'000 and over 100'000 per Slave. In other words: you may get a profit.

Normally you lose some money - but in the mean time you have found several newly spawned ***- or ****-Marines in EQ-Docks or Military Outposts. THAT is your reward :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”