A little indicator can go a long way

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

A little indicator can go a long way

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Sat, 2. May 15, 05:46

Managing and building stations.

In the My Property list, could the stations name be coloured differently depending on their current state.

A green station name would indicate the station is fully built and fully repaired.

A yellow station name would indicate some repairs are necessary.

A blue station name would indicate that the station is still under construction and has modules waiting to be built.

An orange station would indicate that a module is being constructed, but is currently waiting on resources.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sat, 2. May 15, 07:42

colored station names are iirc no problem (you can simply use the \033*-color-tags in almost any string), but i think if this is done by EGO they should use another way, because if a Station Name were colored by a Mod this Indicator would disappear (last color defined has priority, therefore the ones in the name of an Object would override all externally applied colors)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

ZaphodBeeblebrox
x4

Post by ZaphodBeeblebrox » Wed, 6. May 15, 07:14

Well how about adding a button to each station entry.

This only appears/is active if there are missions for the station. Clicking on the button will take me immediately to the mission manager and show all missions for the selected station.
It was a woman who drove me to drink... you know I never went back and thanked her.

Don't try to outweird me, three-eyes. I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”