Plot Rahanas

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

donzi
x4

Plot Rahanas

Post by donzi » Mon, 27. Apr 15, 23:36

I've been looking to buy another Container + Energy trade ship and it seems the plot Rahanas is unique..

I've been to the HOA shipyard, not in the list.. seems the only C+E ship I can buy now is the Styrvok.

Does PMC have an exclusive on the C+E Rahanas or is the plot ship really unique?

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Tue, 28. Apr 15, 07:19

this Ship is unique afaik - i made a mod in the past where you can buy it though (and another unused Liquid/Bulk Variant) but currently too tired to look for it..
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Fri, 1. May 15, 17:31

Thanks for the info. I'd since checked a PMC shipyard and concluded as you confirmed.

Having the "Details" for storage for each ship kind of got me wondering why there isn't a BTO option.

Instead of Rahanas (x,y,z) etc at build time the player could simply designate how to segregate the cargo storage. Perhaps something like max storage for single ware (+fuel) and each division carries a overall capacity reduction and/or build price hike.

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 1. May 15, 18:02

well, this would also include diffrent exterior looks - all Rahanas Types look a bit diffrent depending on their intended Cargo ;) so dynamic cargo allocation is imo out of the question.

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

donzi
x4

Post by donzi » Fri, 1. May 15, 18:22

..well what about the 'common ground' layout. ;-)

Appropriate storage 'surface elements' per order to look the part.

Would be neat/useful anyhow, particularly with the specific cargo types which XR introduced.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 1. May 15, 18:31

A modular approach to ship cargo specifications could have been adopted. Each module would have capacity and type or types associated with them.

Taking the Rahanas' visual design as an example (it also applies to other ships too), it looks like it could have been at least segmented to a degree.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Fri, 1. May 15, 19:55

Roger L.S. Griffiths wrote:Taking the Rahanas' visual design as an example (it also applies to other ships too), it looks like it could have been at least segmented to a degree.
based on the existent module Sizes its about the 50:50 compartments already used for the hybrid types, but yes from the purely visual aspect a ~10% segmetation would work..

EDIT: for clarification: thats just my personal opinion.

Sam L.R. Griffiths
x4

Post by Sam L.R. Griffiths » Fri, 1. May 15, 20:48

Well from some of the sketchy pre-release information something like segmentation could have been on the cards originally. Perhaps for the sequel they will do something along those lines but I think we are probably stuck with what we have for X-Rebirth.
Lenna (aka [SRK] The_Rabbit)

"Understanding is a three edged sword... your side, their side... and the Truth!" - J.J. Sheriden, Babylon 5 S4E6 T28:55

"May god stand between you and harm in all the dark places you must walk." - Ancient Egyption Proverb

"When eating an elephant take one bite at a time" - Creighton Abrams

Gligli
x3ap

Post by Gligli » Wed, 6. May 15, 19:05

Hi there,

Player customisable cargo could have been a good idea, but it make me think that, normally, each IG races have their own point of view on the question... The actual known application of that is the Teladi Outpost which brings some big cargoes for cheap price. That was expected from Teladies :)
What we can expect too (for the future?) is the tiny & fast ones from Splits, the weird bad-calculated Paranids :D, and the standards fasts ones from Borons... That shall bring some more immersible context for the next things to come.

Is there still some place for a player custom cargo configuration ?
I'm not in atm :)
On se rend vers la connaissance avec circonspection.
c.a.d, avec un immense respect et la peur au ventre.

Luanda

Post by Luanda » Wed, 6. May 15, 20:22

Gligli wrote:Hi there,

Player customisable cargo could have been a good idea, but it make me think that, normally, each IG races have their own point of view on the question... The actual known application of that is the Teladi Outpost which brings some big cargoes for cheap price. That was expected from Teladies :)
What we can expect too (for the future?) is the tiny & fast ones from Splits, the weird bad-calculated Paranids :D, and the standards fasts ones from Borons... That shall bring some more immersible context for the next things to come.

Is there still some place for a player custom cargo configuration ?
I'm not in atm :)
paranids werent weird bad-calculated, they were the best universe traders due to being midrange in speed and cargo but were awesome powerful. my best traders ever :) anyway, i wish you would be right but i cant really believe in that we should wait for any of these. the best part was in x3 the diverse shiprange. what we have in xr? the only noncap tradeship is the gigurum... :cries out loud: i awfully miss the different trader classes/sizes and the racial specialities...

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”