X3 Terran Conflict video guide series

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Waervyn
x3tc

X3 Terran Conflict video guide series

Post by Waervyn » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 19:58

EDIT:
The guide is now complete! 13 episodes long, starting as a humble merchant, and ending up with a small fleet. I hope this guide managed to help new players get to grips with the game. I'll be uploading short tutorials as well on specific subjects such as base building and Commercial agents.

You can find the guide here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQ84eHW ... qsVT3OIecR

Hope at least some people find it useful :)

------------original post--------------
Hey everyone!

I read the 'read this first' and it says you cannot do commercial advertising, which I'm guessing this doesn't count as.

I recently started a channel on youtube in order to explain the game 'Ascent: The Space Game' to people. However, I really enjoy this teaching stuff, so thought I'd expand a bit and start a series on X3:TC as well!

I'm far from a vet (although I've got a fair amount of hours in X3:TC, so I might not do things 'the most efficient way', but at least I hope to give people a good overview on what they can do in the game and get them started with earning a fair amount of cash.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... qsVT3OIecR

Hope you enjoy, constructive criticism is very welcome! And if I posted this in the wrong forum, please let me know and I'll move it.
Last edited by Waervyn on Thu, 4. Jun 15, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

Dovakiin
x4

Post by Dovakiin » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 20:06

I'm very interested in this. I've played X3TC for about 150 hours in total, and I'm still very inexperienced with much of the game. I've never even set up my own factory.

I'll subscribe to you so I can can keep an eye on your progress. :wink:

Waervyn
x3tc

Post by Waervyn » Fri, 24. Apr 15, 20:12

Thanks! Much appreciated! :)

Yeah it's a bit the same for me. I've got a very irregular life, with lots of moving between countries etc. So often I forget about the game and then just start over again.

So you'll sometimes see me figuring out stuff as we go, but hey! Then you guys can give me tips! :)

Waervyn
x3tc

Post by Waervyn » Wed, 13. May 15, 14:00

I just uploaded episode 10. Three more episodes and the 'guide' is done.
Afterwards I aim to focus on small tutorials explaining seperate things in the game. For example I already recorded 'best buy/best sell locator', 'encyclopedia', 'satellites', 'boarding', 'base building', 'setting up a commercial trade agent' as well as 'mosquito missile defense'.

At the moment I'm away for fieldwork, but once I get back I'll have time to record more. If you have any suggestions for things I can cover in tutorials ranging from 1-10 minutes, please let me know! :)

Waervyn
x3tc

Post by Waervyn » Thu, 4. Jun 15, 11:46

The guide is now finished! Just uploaded the last episode.
Hope you enjoyed it! I definitely did. Looking back I would have done some things differently, but every day's a school day! :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”